Would you be cured or killed?
Cured 52%  52%  [ 17 ]
Killed 48%  48%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 33

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

Let's say a cure for autism was developed and all the goverments of the world have decided to force it upon all the autistic people of the world regardless of their level of functning or acomplishments. If you do not take it, you will be killed. Which would you choose? Me? I'd probably just pop a cap in the ass of the person trying to make me take the cure but if I didn't have a gun or weapon, I'd just let them pop a cap in mine.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

You forgot "Start a War".

Being forced to accept such an edict would indicate to me that the government is tyrannical and worthless and needs to be overthrown.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 3:01 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Being forced to accept such an edict would indicate to me that the government is tyrannical and worthless and needs to be overthrown.

You can't really do that if you're being taken away in trucks.

"What are you doing to do about it, spaz?" would be the response?

Bear in mind that enough people must be going along with it at the time to make it possible.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

21 Jun 2011, 3:05 pm

In the scenario you've created, if it ever happened, I'd most likely get myself killed, because no way in hell am I gonna to take a cure that removes a way of being. Fighting 'till the last breath for my right to free choice is what would happen!

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 3:13 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:

Well perhaps some of us would form a group of freedom fighters and fight the power. I've had Sonic on the brain lately.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 3:17 pm

Tequila wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

Bear in mind that enough people must be going along with it at the time to make it possible.

It would be a cold day in hell before I allow myself to be loaded onto a truck.

Do you think such an oppressive government would limit itself to just autism? There would be entire classes of 'sub-standard' people and a robust underground resistance.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

21 Jun 2011, 3:18 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

Well perhaps some of us would form a group of freedom fighters and fight the power. I've had Sonic on the brain lately.

Autistics as freedom fighters... what do we name our group?

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 3:20 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Tequila wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

It would be a cold day in hell before I allow myself to be loaded onto a truck.

Do you think such an oppressive government would limit itself to just autism? There would be entire classes of 'sub-standard' people and a robust underground resistance.

The more people we can recruit to our cause, the better, right?

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 3:22 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
MagicMeerkat wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

Autistics as freedom fighters... what do we name our group?

Whoop-Ass-Pergians?

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Whoop-Ass-Pergians?

That's a good start. Maybe, "Aspergian Asskickers"?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 3:33 pm

Seriously, what's the difference? To be cured is to be killed, from a certain point of view.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 3:44 pm

KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 3:51 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Seriously, what's the difference? To be cured is to be killed, from a certain point of view.

Seems that way. Some with ASD's might want the cure; those who want it can take it. Yet to be forced to become one that you don't want to be... to defy the fate that would be imposed on those of us longing to stay as we are, means the only choice remaining would be to fight. Of course the odds of succeeding would be slim. But even a slim chance for success is better than no chance at all.

Poirot
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Jun 2011, 4:00 pm

Considering that this is a real threat as it is the goal of Autism Speaks, I would agree in getting the rifle rather than die or be 'cured.' Why would you cure someone for who they are if you would also deplore 'curing' someone for their race or sexual orientation.

As the Mexican Revolutionary Emiliano Zapata stated, "I would rather die standing than live on my knees."

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 4:10 pm

Poirot wrote:
Considering that this is a real threat as it is the goal of Autism Speaks, I would agree in getting the rifle rather than die or be 'cured.'

In this scenario, we'd need to strike while morale is high. If we lose hope, it's all over. If we went into battle with lost hope, it'd be over before it even began.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
In this scenario, we'd need to strike while morale is high. If we lose hope, it's all over. If we went into battle with lost hope, it'd be over before it even began.

We can make it our special interest. No chance of losing hope or giving up then.