I am so confused about whether I have Asperger's or not

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Cubodge
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Nov 2015, 11:09 am

It's been on my mind for months now. I've taken all of the tests at least three times and have researched Asperger's so much, and I seem to be right in the middle of NT and ND. I know this is more of a site for general discussion but I don't know where else to ask for opinions on this, so I'm wondering if any of you have any advice on whether I'm an aspie or not and what I should do next. I'm definitely different from other people and I have a harder time than most socially, but I don't know if I actually have Asperger's. I scored 161 on the RAADS-R test and 115 ND / 91 NT on the Aspie Quiz.

I do find it very hard to keep friends, and at the moment I don't have any real friends because I don't know anyone who is like me. I enjoy computer-related topics such as programming, and I don't know any other girls who would like to talk about things like this.
I also have very sensitive hearing - I need to cover my ears when a loud vehicle passes me and sometimes when people are vacuuming. Loud noises make me feel stressed. But I have no strict routines which I feel I must follow, although I would feel quite upset if my morning routine on weekdays was completely disrupted - I can cope with small changes like showering on some days and not others though.
Also, I am very good at interpreting facial expressions and I almost always understand sarcasm and jokes. What I'm not good at socially is eye contact and I don't know when I've kept it for too long and need to look away briefly, and then I feel self-conscious and even more shy. I also don't know what to say when I meet people for the first time. I always wish that I could meet people through doing something that we both like, as otherwise I don't know how I could make a good friend.

Sorry it was so long, but if you have any advice or anything then please let me know. By the way, I'm 16 and female.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2015, 11:17 am

I think it'd be worth getting tested officially if you can. None of us here will be able to tell you if you are or not. If you have any questions on how to go about it you'll hopefully be able to find those types of answers on here.