Wasting away into oblivion online for years now

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jun 2011, 11:19 pm

I have no life, all i do is go online, i hate it. I used to try very hard to go out make friends and socialize, then one day i typed how to be more social on google, lead to a you tube clip about aspergers, felt that was the darkest omen and darkest news of my life, 2 years later, i still sit in a room of darkness. I do work in Fast food, everyone hates me there tho. MAKES ME HATE ASPERGERS AND MYSELF MORE.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

23 Jun 2011, 11:36 pm

Have you considered therapy?

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Jun 2011, 11:39 pm

Verdandi wrote:

Dosent work, did talking about it help you?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

23 Jun 2011, 11:46 pm

Panic wrote:
Verdandi wrote:

Dosent work, did talking about it help you?

Oh god yes. Not as much as I want, but more than not talking.

One thing that helps is finding someone who knows ASDs. Otherwise therapy can be pretty useless.

oldmantime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 11:48 pm

get an education and a real life if you can. being useful is the best therapy.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 11:55 pm

I know times are tough and maybe it's not easy to afford higher education. Do you have any creative outlets? Just anything you have to look forward to after work like drawing or writing?

Also if you have your own place do you have a pet? I would just think having a cat or something can be nice have a companion to take care of and be responsible for.

Tayribeiro
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jun 2011, 12:00 am

Are there public universities in your country?

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

24 Jun 2011, 8:52 am

Panic wrote:
I do work in Fast food, everyone hates me there tho. MAKES ME HATE ASPERGERS AND MYSELF MORE.

Lol, t'was the story of my life -- I quit fastfood, started my own lawn care business, and I'm f*****g glad I'm not working in fast food anymore where I had to interact with people who disliked me or thought I had "mental problems". God, they're a bunch of judgmental gossips. (Btw, I tried applying for a fast food position recently, but found that none were available so I started the business.)

I don't really know if I have aspergers, but I definitely feel like I have "something" that puts in the top 5th percentile of whatever that "something" is.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

Verdandi wrote:
Oh god yes. Not as much as I want, but more than not talking.

This! Doing something that helps a little is better than doing nothing at all. Sit still and the world passes you by. You have to keep moving forward, even if only a little bit at a time.

Quote:
One thing that helps is finding someone who knows ASDs. Otherwise therapy can be pretty useless.

This too. Therapy aimed at an NT assumes certain thinking patterns and typical ways of interacting. These very often don't apply to autism. The therapist MUST understand this.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 6:15 pm

swbluto wrote:
Panic wrote:
I do work in Fast food, everyone hates me there tho. MAKES ME HATE ASPERGERS AND MYSELF MORE.

Lol, t'was the story of my life -- I quit fastfood, started my own lawn care business, and I'm f***ing glad I'm not working in fast food anymore where I had to interact with people who disliked me or thought I had "mental problems". God, they're a bunch of judgmental gossips. (Btw, I tried applying for a fast food position recently, but found that none were available so I started the business.)

I don't really know if I have aspergers, but I definitely feel like I have "something" that puts in the top 5th percentile of whatever that "something" is.

It's the something that lands people on the Wrong Planet.

Residual_Biomech
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jun 2011, 9:16 pm

Don't hate yourself, hate them (I don't mean cause trouble for them or anything, I mean stop caring), and don't let them bring you down.
I have no life either. All I do is go online as well. I used to try hard to make friends and socialize too, it was too hard, and it's not worth it anyway, people suck.
I found out about Asperger's when I was 18, but I found myself feeling enlightened, glad that I was not alone. (And, yet, I am still alone)

But, to be honest, many times, and most of the time, I've hated being an Aspie, and being a reclusive Aspie at that.
I'm almost 23 now, and I have been locked up in my room for about 6 years now.

You'll either change someday and socialize well and feel better, or get used to being a reclusive Aspie and feel better, either way is good enough, I am the latter.
Whatever happens, is what is fated. All power and control is an illusion, at least, this is what I perceive to be true.

edgezz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jun 2011, 1:45 am

Maybe this is irrelevant but I had an epiphany yesterday...I actually have an intense sense of loneliness but I have very little desire to be around people.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 2:45 am

edgezz wrote:
Maybe this is irrelevant but I had an epiphany yesterday...I actually have an intense sense of loneliness but I have very little desire to be around people.

+1
Yep, although I think the thing is I'm never away from people long enough to want to be around them. And technically I'm around people all the time living in an apartment, listening to them scream at their children, stomp around upstairs, get home at 3 am blasting their stereo and shining their headlights in my bedroom window. So I always feel like I need to get away from people because I get all of the bad and none of the good. I went to the movies with a friend on thursday and those 4 hours of human interaction made me feel happy. So I think my ideal situation would be 15 hours of interaction per week and the rest of the time I'm in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with my animals.

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jun 2011, 2:48 am

The internet can become a debilitating crutch, but you will find that as you get older, things do tend to get better.