Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you have sleep disturbances or difficulty with sleep in general?
Yes-- severely. 15%  15%  [ 16 ]
Yes-- severely. 15%  15%  [ 16 ]
Yes-- bad, but not severe. 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Yes-- bad, but not severe. 10%  10%  [ 11 ]
Yes-- somewhat. 18%  18%  [ 19 ]
Yes-- somewhat. 18%  18%  [ 19 ]
No-- not at all. 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
No-- not at all. 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 108

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2006, 11:22 pm

The problem I have is that I can never seem to fall asleep when I want to.

I can sleep a full 8 hrs one night, wake up, and be dead tired after only six hours and go back to bed and sleep another 12.

Other times I'll be up for 20 hrs straight after sleep for 8.

makes no sense if you ask me.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2006, 12:04 am

I have a really bad case of Insomia so I have medicine that helps me to slep. Even after I get to sleep and then the many times I get up to use the bathroom I'm still in the drowsey state that the meds I take. In the early morning is when the toughest starts. If I have to go to the bathroom that time and come back to be I can't fall back to sleep. Those days happen every so often.

Morphia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Aug 2006, 3:50 am

I usually sleep ok, but for years i had a problem with getting to sleep. I really, really hate lying in bed for ages trying to sleep with my brain whirring, it makes me upset and annoyed. So for years i would only go to sleep when i was so tired that i was asleep as soon as i lay down. This meant going to bed at about 2/3 in the morning.
I also feel lousy if my sleep is interupted during the night. With small kids in the house this happens quite a lot *grr!!*
When i was a kid, i never dreamed, or rather i never remembered dreaming, i remebered maybe two or three dreams during my entire childhood.
And i never have nightmares.
Nowadays i can't stay up as late as i used too, so sometimes i have problems getting to sleep, though i seem to need more sleep to this days and so its not as much of a problem as it used to be.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2006, 6:11 am

Three out of the Seven nights out of the Week, I find that I wake up, very early in the Morning at around Three. As soon as I open my Eyes, thoughts start racing through my Mind, and some of the thoughts are very disturbing. I find that I'm the most likely to have a short night, after I get into a conflict with another person. Those conflicts seen to be a regualr Occurence with me. That explains why I buy Lottery Tickets, such as 6/49s Super 7s and Pay Days (I'm in Canada). I buy them with a faint hope that I could win the Top Prize, move into a place of my own, and start over in Life, while I can keep an important part of my Old Life and keep adding to my Flavour of the Year. (It must taste like Cherries or Punch, because it's Red, for the most part. :lol: )

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2006, 6:32 am

Your odds of financial success are much better if you invest in tax-deferred mutual funds instead of lottery tickets. Some of my favorites funds are
Vanguard Wellington (The Vanguard Group)
The Ariel Fund (Ariel)
Mid Cap Index (AIG Valic)
and International Equities (AIG Valic)
However, I am not a financial advisor and these should not be taken as recommendations or endorsements.

- Emerson