Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2006, 7:47 pm

I am highly sensitive to the cold. I shiver uncontrolibly and I am usually the first to start flapping my hands and rubbing them together to keep warm and putting them in my pocket when say cueing out side for tickets at a football stadium. Sometimes even springing up and down on the balls of my feet as if I was on a pogo stick to get warm. I have vivid memories of doing this when I was a kid in church.
I am also very clumsy on the keyboard if it my hands are cold.

Is this an autistic trait or not?

Musical_Lottie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2006, 7:57 pm

I seem to have rather poor circulation, and get cold easily, though I also get very hot easily, when the weather's warm. I get extremes, though more cold than hot. I don't know if it's related at all.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2006, 10:03 pm

im the opposite, i wear shorts here in the wintertime and flipflops. flagstaff gets 100 inches of snowfall a year, i love the winter, the summer is what i hate. sometimes but not always i wear my coat in the summertime, and everyone stares at me like "alright that guys an idiot" i don't get it either i use to tell myself that i do that because jackets have alot of pockets (wich i use) but now i don't know why i do it.

Last edited by waterdogs on 22 Aug 2006, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoccerFreak
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2006, 10:04 pm

me too, im always freezing or way too hot, usually freezing. The only time when im comfterable is in bed or in the shower,

And i cannot wear short sleeves to school unless i bring a jacket. And i have been known to wear my bluky winter coat in the class room.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2006, 11:40 pm

Cannot help you there, have preternatural insensitivity to very cold conditions. But I melt in the sun.

Bart21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2006, 12:51 am

I can't stand the cold well either.
Usually when others open the door because they think it's hot, i put on more clothes.
But on the other hand i can stand the heat better than anyone else :D

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2006, 1:40 am

Cold is no bother, as long as I'm not at home. If I'm at home and it's cold, I go nuts, because I can't relax. If I'm not at home, I'm not relaxing anyway, so it doesn't matter - helps to keep me active.

Heat, on the other hand, just sucks the life right out of me no matter where I am. I hate summer worst of all, and tend to look forward to winter (especially because, winter is also much much quieter if you live in the city)

Dandelion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Aug 2006, 8:56 am

I don't usually notice the temperature at all until I start sweating or shivering. I just don't feel it very much, I think. But I have noticed that I find it harder to type when the temperatures are cold, which made it difficult for me to use the computers in my old library.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2006, 9:16 am

I have quite bad circulation, I think - in the winter, my hands and feet can be very cold when the rest of me is fine - but in general, I suffer far more in the heat.

Rhisiart_Steffan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2006, 12:02 pm

cold is great! i can't deal with heat!

Pharmacy Techican is not the pharmacist

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2006, 12:35 pm

My son loves the cold, cold water, showers, wearing summer clothes year round, sandals.

He seems to ignore the heat too. When he was little I had to control his activity outside (in Indiana where the weather was extremely hot or cold) because he wouldn't stop. He could be freezing and not wear mittens or complain. Or turning red from heat exhaustion.

He has a warm body too. He feels like a boiler. When he crawls in bed, we start sweating. He's not feverish, just seems to conduct heat.

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2006, 2:09 pm

I was that way when I was young but now that Im an adult my feet are always ice cold and I start shivering if the temperature gets below 75 degrees F. Heat doesnt really bother me up to about 110 degrees but past that it starts to get uncomfortable (I live in the desert it was 126 today).

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2006, 2:35 pm

I am constantly freezing... in the winter my hands and feet feel like ice no matter how many layers of socks i wear. My feet turn the socks cold!! ! The only thing that will wam up my body in very cold weather is to take a hot bath with everything but my face submerged.

appassionata

23 Aug 2006, 3:04 pm

I have poor circulation – my hands and feet are icy most of the time (except on a hot summers day)
Having said that I really don't like hot weather either – it totally drains me of energy.

My ASD sons don't seem to have the circulation problem, but they are definitely affected by heat. They become very grumpy in hot weather and much prefer cool/cold weather – they even like the rain (which is just as well since we get a lot of it here)

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2006, 3:17 am

Heat does not bother me much during the day but as night I might get some sleeping problems. Largely because I am a restless sleeper at the best of times. I tend to kick a lot in my sleep even on cold nights and wake up freezing after I have kicked all the bed clothes off

Paul

Lupine_Ragdoll
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2006, 5:24 am

I'm actually okay with the cold. I love winter, and will wear t-shirts and no coat even in snow. On the other hand though, I can't stand the heat, and will spend most of the summer sitting in front of the fan. :?

Help revive ReBoot!