Does anyone here have a hard time saying I love you?

Page 2 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

silver22
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2011, 4:26 am

I find it awkward, I don't like saying it to anyone. But I do it sometimes to please my family and in the past, girlfriends.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jul 2011, 4:47 am

I never said anything like that except to one person. I think I can only say it if I truly feel it & really feel comfortable with em which was only one person & I told her that quite a lot

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2011, 5:53 am

I have extreme difficulty with saying it. I recall my mum fighting with my dad a lot because he never said it. She would threaten to get a divorce if he didn't say it. And she was serious about it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 5:57 am

such was never to be heard in my family growing up, to the present. i come from two notoriously stoic lines- german and japanese. with one notable exception, i have never known anybody who wanted to tell me they loved me or who wanted me to tell them i loved them.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 6:00 am

I have troubles wit it. But it's not because of what I feel, but because I've already said it. I said it. I meant it. Why do I have to keep repeating it?

flyingdutchman
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2011, 7:11 am

I can not say it easily. For some reason it always sounds like fake when I say it. Not fake to the other person, but to me, like I don't mean it at all. Never understood why that is.

Keimeren
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2011, 8:09 am

Jory wrote:
I can't say it at all, even if I really, really mean it. I hate any phrase that you say just for the sake of saying it. When are you supposed to say it? And why are you saying it? Doesn't the person know how you feel about them? It's like saying, "You're wearing a purple shirt." I once had a boyfriend who asked me why I never told him I loved him. My reply: "I'm telling you every time I kiss you."

Jory you have taken teh words right out of my mouth ! ! I can say the words but I am ashamed because they don't hold the meaning I do really care about someone in my life but I cant connect the sincerity to those 3 words it like a puzzle I can't get to solve

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 8:12 am

As I've never been in "love," I force myself to say it on occasion, but I don't think I've ever said it because I've meant it.

I know this hurts family who wonders why I'm so distant.

HoodedShadow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2011, 8:13 am

I can say it but I never actually mean it if I happen to say it. :roll:

Email address: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhid ... 0lSIA-uw==

Xayah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2011, 8:16 am

I find it difficult but I do say it. I overthink it too much, you don't want to say it and get shot down for being a keeno, you know?

The trials and tribulations of a girl pretending to be normal

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 8:17 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
I have troubles wit it. But it's not because of what I feel, but because I've already said it. I said it. I meant it. Why do I have to keep repeating it?

because some folk just love to hear it repeatedly, like a comforting mantra of sorts. if i were lucky enough to have somebody, i'd love telling them that as much as they wanted to hear it, and if they wanted to hear it all the time i'd be happy to oblige them. i would also love hearing it from them, as it would be a comforting mantra-like reminder of my positive change of fortune after decades in the barren wilderness of indifference/solitude/loneliness. i don't expect many people here will understand this.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 8:24 am

auntblabby wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:

because some folk just love to hear it repeatedly, like a comforting mantra of sorts. if i were lucky enough to have somebody, i'd love telling them that as much as they wanted to hear it, and if they wanted to hear it all the time i'd be happy to oblige them. i would also love hearing it from them, as it would be a comforting mantra-like reminder of my positive change of fortune after decades in the barren wilderness of indifference/solitude/loneliness. i don't expect many people here will understand this.

^^^ This. I feel that way too. I'd love to be able to do that.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 9:31 am

I do not say it. I can write it perhaps, but verbally speaking it doesn't seem to come easily... even if I feel it, it is as if it gets stuck in the motion between brain and mouth. I don't even really mind if others do not say it to me, because many people say it without it even coming from what I would term to be genuine love. I do not think a kiss necessarily shows love though because people can kiss through lust alone, or through simply liking the other person in the early stages of a relationship, in my opinion.

AbleBaker
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2011, 9:58 am

I'm sure I've never said it. I see the context in which it's used on TV and in movies but I've never felt that way.

Byron
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2011, 10:55 am

me, i am very afraid to say those words because i'm afraid i could offend the person i say them to.

justjelliot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

I don't like saying it or having it said to me. I don't like saying it because I have no clue if I'll hear it back. I don't like hearing it because then I'm supposed to say it back. To my mother or grandmother, I'll say "You too," but I never say the words in that order.

http://aspiespy.blogspot.com/