Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 10:34 am

OK so I just went to the dentist today and I was wondering many of you hate having to go there. When I was a kid I had to go to a kids dentist becuase I would freak out at the normal dentist. I hate it so much I wanted to scream when I was there today. And it was my forth time there in just a few weeks becuase I had to get cavids filled.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 10:37 am

I hate being touvhed let alone having someone stick their fingers or sharp instruments into my mouth. The sound of the drill kills me as well. Right now I have several cavities that need to be filled but I keep making excuses not to go. :oops:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 Jun 2011, 10:49 am

Dentists is fine, but the orthodontists is horrible.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 11:03 am

It is both being touched, plus it's kind of the poor communication.

Like doctors, a lot of dentists are poor listeners. I try to keep it brief. With doctors, I sometimes have a note wit a max of three bullet points (just phrases, not even sentences), which does help, but they still tend to try to hurry through.

It is often not a respectful conversation.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 11:08 am

I hate having the light shone in my face and having someone put their hands near my face. Both are pretty fundamental to the process, so I rarely go to the dentist. Luckily I'm British, so nobody notices :P

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Jun 2011, 11:19 am

A few months ago i had two teeth pulled. needless to say the dentist isnt one of my favorite places, but if i have to go i'll do it.
I still have to go back for more dental work. as toadking already said the worst part is having someone elses fingers in your mouth and having them touch your face

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

I visited one exceptionally poor dentist who seemed intent on getting both of his hands inside my mouth to do his work. It felt as though my lips were about to split, and I kept wanting to jump out of the chair and show him how it felt. Getting my teeth drilled, I do not like. I once asked to have a filling done without anaesthetic, just to find out what it was like, and it felt the same as with anaesthetic, not any more painful. I have the injections anyway, because I imagine it puts the dentist at ease, and so as not to appear odd, or at least not more odd.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

I will start having anesthesia for all dental work next time I go.

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 1:39 pm

I hate it and can just about cope with a checkup. You know that feeling when you're teetering on the edge, that's me. I get put on gas and air if I have to have anything done.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 1:45 pm

I am 24 and everytime I go to the dentist I scream in the chair like a 6 year old kid lol and I always ask them to anesthisize my mouth...

FearOfMusic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 3:03 pm

I can't stand the dentist! My bottom front teeth are particularly sensitive to touching/scraping. My tounge always tries to fend off whatever implement they put in my mouth... I have to focus on where my tounge is when im getting my teeth cleaned. I used to cry when try cleaned my front teeth. I always feel worse after going to the dentist...the tastes, smells, noises, lights give me a headache and make me feel sick to my stomach for the rest of the day.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 3:06 pm

Oh God yes, I hate the dentist's. And the orthodontist? Don't get me started...

Malisha
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jun 2011, 3:08 pm

Due to poor genetics, I've probably spent close to 100 hours of my life in dentist's offices.

That being said, I'd rather lovingly and thoroughly smash one of my toes with a hammer than go to the dentist. I mean, literally smash. To the fullest extent of the word.

Unfortunately, that would only leave me with smashed toe and teethaches.

So I go. But for me it's like paying someone ridiculous amounts of money I don't really have to be tortured.

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 7:07 pm

YoshiPikachu wrote:
OK so I just went to the dentist today . . . .

Oh, you had a torture session today, too!

Tomorrow is the last day I'll have insurance, so I HAD to get everything done in one visit. Cleaning plus EIGHT fillings! 8O I'm pretty hyposensitive to pain, so I usually just deal with it, but . . . I asked for the gas today. I figured, I'm already paying $600 out of pocket, another $55 isn't gonna matter, and, well, eight fillings at once is a hellofalot! I'm still numbed up, and he finished 4 1/2 hours ago.

No, I do not like dentists.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 11:28 pm

another_1 wrote:
YoshiPikachu wrote:
OK so I just went to the dentist today . . . .

Oh, you had a torture session today, too!

Tomorrow is the last day I'll have insurance, so I HAD to get everything done in one visit. Cleaning plus EIGHT fillings! 8O I'm pretty hyposensitive to pain, so I usually just deal with it, but . . . I asked for the gas today. I figured, I'm already paying $600 out of pocket, another $55 isn't gonna matter, and, well, eight fillings at once is a hellofalot! I'm still numbed up, and he finished 4 1/2 hours ago.

No, I do not like dentists.

Oh my!

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 12:55 am

No. Going to the dentist never bothered me. I had my wisdom teeth removed with a local...but than I have a high pain tolerence.