Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Bonafan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Feb 2016, 10:46 pm

I had the first appointment of an assessment this week and was so anxious I could barely talk. The assessment was supposed to last three hours but only lasted two in the end. I forgot everything I was going to say. I have written down a list now of things which I find difficult and things that possibly make me a little weird which I will take next appointment. They also want an informant which I told them is very difficult for me as my father remembers nothing about me growing up and was barely around. There is no-one else. I don't care for what the outcome is, as long as I get answers. I want to move from the uk to America so in a way would rather it didn't come out as ASC as it could jeopardize this, but then don't know if I am capable of dealing with the change anyway. Stuck stuck stuck!

dachsowned
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Feb 2016, 12:45 am

I don't think you can mess up on an assessment. :) Whatever you say or do is part of who you are, and it'll be noted. It is good that you are keeping lists - I can never remember stuff when I need to! I never knew ASD could bar you from relocating - that seems silly and unfair. Anyway, best of luck!

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2016, 2:06 am

I doubt having a record of an autism diagnosis would prevent you from entering the U.S. If you intend to live here, you'll need a work or school visa, then a green card, and to my knowledge, your psychological and medical history are irrelevant (unless you were carrying some highly contagious, highly lethal disease like Ebola or something!)

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Bonafan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2016, 3:50 pm

Thanks for the replies, I know that it is difficult if not impossible to get into Canada with ASC, due to the idea that it would place a burden on their healthcare system.