Page 1 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 5:46 pm

Those of you who are over 18, what did you do to celebrate it? Did you have some huge party like a lot of people have, or was it quiet, or just like any other year? I don't know what to do for mine.

I have a few friends but I'm not keen on doing the party thing. I don't know why, I guess I just worry that I might bore them. But I don't want to seem really rude by not even telling people it's my birthday soon, and just staying at home for it. I know it's my choice, but I just worry about what people might say behind my back, for not doing anything in celebration of turning 18.

Also my brother is going to give me more hell than ever about drinking alcohol and everything else adult :(. Unbelievably NT, he is.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 5:52 pm

Mine was no different than any other day.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 5:55 pm

Not a lot. That said, I spent my 21st being on the toilet suffering from awful food poisoning and being violently ill in Northern Cyprus.

Happy days. :roll:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Apr 2011, 5:57 pm

Er, I very much enjoyed consuming certain mind-altering chemicals of the illicit and mushroom-related type.
A hot summer's day in the depths of some very dense woods, spent with a couple of friends watching and listening to plant, insect and bird life going on around us.

You really shouldn't do the same thing. :lol:

ablomov
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

Jeez, should try it for your 50th .. monosylabbic non-entity wife and f**k all from any direction to recognise me .. worst year of my life, chip shop with no fckn chips, she's sat there dead from the neck up and dead from the neck down .. fck have i got the short straw ! ! ...i'd have f given good money for some little bird to wrap her arms round me and pretend she knows me .. El bleako ! !

enjoy.....

I know .. hire actors. If u have the money .. I haven't.

Last edited by ablomov on 09 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exhumed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2011, 6:00 pm

I never thought about that, my little brother suffered a brain tumor and thus significant brain damage...I always wished he were "normal like me", not realizing how abnormal I was. If my little brother were normal he might have made fun of me as a child! 8O That sucks bro.

I'd bring it up and let your friends throw a party for you if they want to. Do what you can to assimilate socially and it might help your insecurity. You say "So, my birthday is coming up!" and they say "Cool, what are you doing for it?" and you say "I don't know yet" and then they probably start talking about ideas for it. Then you say "Yeah, this or that would be fun" and it's assumed that they'll hang out with you that night.

For my 18th, I bought two packs of flavored cigarettes, and...I don't remember...probably just hung out with my friends. Maybe I went to the hookah bar on my 18th (crowds and noise are disorienting but not scary to me). I don't think anyone with Asperger's has a big party on their 18th. Being the center of attention is a nice feeling, but it's an unfamiliar situation.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 6:02 pm

Simonono wrote:
Those of you who are over 18, what did you do to celebrate it? Did you have some huge party like a lot of people have, or was it quiet, or just like any other year? I don't know what to do for mine.

I have a few friends but I'm not keen on doing the party thing. I don't know why, I guess I just worry that I might bore them. But I don't want to seem really rude by not even telling people it's my birthday soon, and just staying at home for it. I know it's my choice, but I just worry about what people might say behind my back, for not doing anything in celebration of turning 18.

Also my brother is going to give me more hell than ever about drinking alcohol and everything else adult :(. Unbelievably NT, he is.

If they thought you were boring they wouldn't be your friend. Since they are your friends, we must assume they don't think you are boring.

Exhumed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Apr 2011, 6:04 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Er, I very much enjoyed consuming certain mind-altering chemicals of the illicit and mushroom-related type.
A hot summer's day in the depths of some very dense woods, spent with a couple of friends watching and listening to plant, insect and bird life going on around us.

Sounds like a good time for the risk-taking, society-questioning type of Aspie :)

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 6:04 pm

Nothing

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Apr 2011, 6:11 pm

Exhumed wrote:
Cornflake wrote:

Sounds like a good time for the risk-taking, society-questioning type of Aspie :)
:lol: I wish.
Sadly, it was more like a lost and hopelessly confused pre-diagnosis Acid-head type of Aspie.
But it was a good time, that day. :wink:

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

09 Apr 2011, 6:30 pm

I didn't really do anything that special on my 18th birthday. However, a few friends wanted to introduce me to some of their Salvia.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 6:46 pm

I don't even remember what all I did on my 18th birthday. I do remember getting some Japanese food, though.

chssmstrjk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Apr 2011, 6:53 pm

Simonono wrote:

Well, for my 18th bday, I didn't have a huge party; but it wasn't too quiet either. A few close friends of mine and I went out bowling and hung out, afterwards, at my place :).

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 7:14 pm

I didn't do anything, really. Dinner out with my family and a close friend after a day of work was about it.

Nurylon
Raven
Raven

09 Apr 2011, 7:29 pm

I just sat there feeling depressed.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2011, 7:29 pm

Nothing. I never do anything special on my birthdays. What's the use?

"Oh, the Earth just went round the sun once again. Awesome. Let's party!"