Being Tickled. Any One Else Hate It??

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2011, 10:47 pm

I really really HATE being tickled! :evil: When I get tickled I'm known for 'spazzing' out, and kicking and hitting, any thing I can do to get away from my tickler. I have never had this problem until today but I was being tickled and as I was trying to get away I ended up in a corner.
I was trapped in a corner being tickled, on top of being every tickleish it kind of scared me. Being trapped in a corner being tickled.
I have never been really for real scared until today when I was trapped in that corner. I guess my question here is does any one else HATE to be tickled??

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 10:57 pm

I hate it. I'm known for clawing and kicking when people try to tickle me. I've now started preemptive kicking or punching when someone asks if I'm ticklish. One time when I was little I decided I was just going to be still and not make a big deal about it, but I couldn't. It causes pretty much uncontrollable movement and it's painful too. That's why I think it's fair to scratch or kick after I've warned the other person not to because that's what it feels like to me.

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2011, 11:01 pm

I tyred warning some people if they try to tickle me but they dont listen! And then they complane about how I slapped them in the face or how I kicked them in the head. Tickleing is just a horrible thing!

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2011, 11:12 pm

Yeah, they don't get to complain if they did something to you that you asked them not to. I once busted my friend's lip because he was tickling me, and he didn't really complain (other than "ouch!"). I didn't mean to do it, but he had fair warning.

boxxarom
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2011, 12:17 am

I hate it. Especially because Im a 22 y/o man. haha What does this have to do with Aspergers though? Shouldn't this be on random discussion? :P

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

19 Jul 2011, 12:45 am

It feels like my attacker/tickler is digging their fingers into my skin.

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2011, 1:31 am

I enjoy being tickled, and wish I knew a woman who enjoys it, too. :D

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 2:26 am

I'm ticklish, but not extremely. As a child I didn't mind when my parents tickled me, although it could be unpleasant too. Now, when my girlfriend tried to tickle me, I was reluctant to give myself in. She is ticklish too, so I can tickle back, if she persists. :P

I suppose it might be an autistic thing, oversensitiveness of the tactile receptors, but not a particularly specific one.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 4:11 am

I used to scream, kick, and punch, but now when it gets too severe I actually shut down until they stop it.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 4:28 am

Kaelynn wrote:
I guess my question here is does any one else HATE to be tickled??

I have been doing some sensory therapy with an OT. Part of the work is skin-brushing, where I brush my arms, legs and feet with a soft brush - something between a tickle and a scratch. Over time it seems to decrease the over-reaction to soft touches like being tickled or brushed against by other people, or by clothes. Another part of the therapy is rubbing lotion on the skin (which I hate), but I suppose it is just controlled exposure to any sensations that you find unpleasant.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

Tickling is the worst. Luckily, I haven't been subjected to it since childhood. If someone tried it today, I would probably punch them in the face reflexively.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 3:20 pm

I HATE it. My dad used to do it to me when I was little, even though I screamed at him to stop and said it hurt. He kept on tickling.

Arrgh!

Ames76
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2011, 9:21 pm

I can't stand to be tickled!

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 10:17 pm

It's extremely uncomfortable. I hate it. It always bothers the crap out of me when my reaction is to laugh and smile, and guess what, that encourages more tickling. :roll:

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 11:45 pm

I hate being tickeld. I am extremely ticklish.

I read somewhere that you can not tickle yourself. I'm calling it out for the BS it is. I can tickle myelf. My son can also tickle himself.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 4:37 am

I am very ticklish. I will always laugh when tickled.

When I go for haircuts and they put the shaver to my neck, I find it difficult to keep a straight face, because this is very tickly.

My ticklishness is capable of causing me embarrassing consequences, especially in airports, where you'll be searched, and I end up laughing when searched, because it is like tickling.