Spooky dreams where I can predict the future

Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sparkle1984
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2005, 5:55 pm

I wonder how many other people with AS have had this? Sometimes I have dreams about things (usually small, uninteresting things) and then I find that the next day, they happen in real life.

It has been happening since I was about 10 years old (but only extremely rarely, maybe once every few months) but now it's happening more often. This week it happened 4 times on 3 different nights, which seems exceptional, and I'm not sure how it can be just a coincidence. Usually the dreams where I predict the future are much fuzzier than my normal dreams, which are usually vivid.

For example, on Sunday one of my dreams involved seeing a woman tear some money in half - and then the next day when we were out at a restaurant to celebrate my grandmother's birthday, my sister joked to my 2 nieces that she would tear a £10 note in half and give them £5 each! That was the first time I had ever heard someone make such a joke or comment.

As I am (or have been) a temporary agency worker, I recently applied for a permanent position within my office, direct with the company - I had to go for an interview on Monday, which made me very nervous. I found the interview very challenging, and for the following days I was doubtful I had succeeded. On Thursday morning I was due to be told whether I had been offered the permanent position. On Wednesday night, as I was in an anxious mood, I found it more difficult to sleep than usual. I did have a dream though that I was sitting in the meeting room with my manager being told that I had been offered a permanent job. Then later on that night, I had a dream that I was at a beach, and green and pink slips of paper were floating around me (when I was at high school several years ago there was a system whereby students were given green slips if they had been exceptionally good, and pink slips if they had been naughty, which would be sent to the parents).

Then when I got to work the next morning (Thursday) I found that there were several green and pink slips of paper scattered on the ground outside the office - they were blank on both sides, and they were there for no apparent reason. I had never seen anything like that before, in all my months of working there, and I thought it was spooky I had seen them in my dream the previous night. But in some way it reassured me - if that part of my dream was true - then maybe the dream about me getting the job would be true too. And so it was - even though I wasn't offered the job at the rank (it's a hiearchical structure) I had applied for, I was offered one in the same role but of one rank lower.

Last night I had a dream that I was in a supermarket- and I don't often go with my family to the supermarket (maybe only once every 3 months or so) as we do most of the shopping online, or the parents go on their own. And it turned out that today I did go to the supermarket with my step-dad, even though I hadn't been warned before.

There are so many other examples in the past aswell of dreams I've had, but the ones on Wednesday night are the hardest to dismiss as a coincidence. What could be causing this?

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2005, 6:02 pm

yep, i have the same thing. for me, i think it started about the age of twelve. it is usually only trivial things that i have pre-cognative dreams about.

hecate
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2005, 6:05 pm

Sparkle1984 wrote:
This week it happened 4 times on 3 different nights, which seems exceptional, and I'm not sure how it can be just a coincidence.

full moon this week. dark of the moon can trigger prophetic dreams too.

Ladysmokeater
Veteran
Veteran

Location: North of Atlanta, South of Boston, East of the Mississippi, and West of the Atlantic

19 Nov 2005, 6:25 pm

No, you arent the only one. I was wondering about other aspies myself in regaurds to this the other day. thanks for posting the thread before I got around to it :wink:
I wont tell you what I have those kinds of dreams about, but I will tell you this much.....
I get numbers in the dream right, I get the color and type right on the item in question, I have even gotten the specific location of the dream right. Once I drempt of specific people that I know being in one of these dreams. Two days later the event happened, and THOSE same people were there. (this kind of thing isnt commonplace so it was a shocker)
I have been told that this kind of thing runs in families. My mom is amazing with it, and my sisters are okay too. My nephews are even "gifted" if you want to call it that. My dad said that dreams like that are hocus pocus and he wont talk about them. My youngest nephew is as "good" at as I am and he is most likely an aspie (he will be tested in the next few months for Aspergers)
I keep a journal of the dream, and the event. It helps me to sort the details out better. These dreams for me are just as vivid as the regular ones, if not more so. But they leave me with a sense of forboding that let me know that they are more serious.
*sigh* wow, I havent told anyone except my family and one person I used to work with about those....

synchro
Toucan
Toucan

19 Nov 2005, 6:36 pm

I have no idea what the cause may be, but I experience these synchronicities as well and have been maintaining a written log of the incidents for a few years. I’ve been a bit lax in writing them down the last year or so, but the coincidences continue to occur.

One thing I attempt to do is eliminate every possibility that I have been exposed to the information prior to experiencing the synchronicity. For instance, you mentioned dreaming about pink and green slips of paper on the ground outside your place of employment. Are you sure that those papers weren’t there the day before when you left work? Could you have been distracted and not consciously noticed the paper slips? I ask these kinds of questions whenever these things happen, just to eliminate any real possibility that it isn’t a true synchronicity.

Some notable synchronicities I have experienced over the years would be: a dream where I photographed a burning passenger jet, to find after I awoke that an Egypt Air passenger plane had crashed into the sea. (Note - It is possible that I heard this information while sleeping and it intruded into the dreamworld. At the time of this incident, I was staying with my grandparents and they had television news on constantly.)

Another one involved me dreaming about being in a shopping mall and seeing my mother in a Sears store. In the dream, she asked me if I saw the police and fire department outside the mall. The next day, the very moment I was writing that dream into my dream log, my mother came home from work and immediately yelled up to me, “did you know the police and fire department are outside?” I looked out the window and there they were, two fire trucks and a sheriff’s patrol car.

Now that was weird!

Another dream from 07/30/01 – I had a dream about a rectangular aircraft crashing a few streets away from my boyhood home. The aircraft left a contrail impossibly high in the atmosphere. It looked like the trail was in space, glowing pink.

The following morning, in the business section of the LA times, laying out on the kitchen table when I got up, was a picture of an experimental aircraft called the Helios. It is rectangular, almost exactly like the plane I saw crashing in my dream. The only difference is, the Helios is brightly colored, while the plane in my dream was white or light-gray with military markings. The Helios is a high-altitude aircraft, but wouldn’t leave a contrail. The Helios did eventually crash into the Pacific Ocean a couple of years later.

I experience weird synchronicities all the time, hence my moniker on this site. Some are dream related, others are not.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2005, 6:46 pm

As a young Adult, and even as a older adult, I had not
prophecetic dreams. I had this area spacial sense.

I would often not feel the future, but instincively
detect hauntings and unuseral energies around
a space. I also have a paranormal sense of
detecting my envirement as well.

I don't consciously use it as much, but subconsciously
use it as such. I am aware you are talking about
prophecetic dreams, and this is writing about them,
but the interest in ESP, Ghost energies, and
thought energies is co-related.

A ghost story, of a kind wrote:
Years ago, 1994? or such, I was teaching metaphysics
to another. This is a particularly good talent of mine.
We eventually departed, and months later he takes
me to small group of psychic Institute trainers for
others and they read my friend like a book.
I used my gifts consciously and read the readers
energies to see where the source of their channeling
was. I was told to stop reading the readers, hence
forth my theory of "Plug and Sockets".

The plugs were the ones with a minimal untrained
gift, the Sockets were the more experienced that
plugged into them as a form of control.

Later he takes me to a house. This house was
newly remodeled, and the weeds were 3" high in
front. The house was mostly abandoned, and
he and I walked through the house and I felt
the strongest energies in a particular room.

Later he introduces me to a bum? or ragged person.
We all go to the house and the enegies of the house
became alive. In the room we placed candles(that
were found on the street only 1 hour earlier when I
thought of them) and meditated on the space.

A cold feeling entered the room, and I felt a little girl
like energy enter me. I have often been attuned with
channeling energies as well, but not so much now.

A colder heavier thunk of energy wanted to enter.
My instincts said look at the stranger in the room.
I looked and felt and saw him in the house past tense
(long ago) and apparently he killed a girl there?

I then become mystical, then say you killed her!
Cold energies leave my hand and he becomes
ghostlier.

I break the circle and say to my friend don't let
go of my hand. we go down the stairs in a whirling
wind that bellowed around the house and leave.

This was the last time I did a haunted house job.

sincerely,
Ghosthunter

P.S, The gift is still there subconsciously. And I
don't convince people what I do. I do what I do
and that is between me and my gift, not convincing
another(that would be a waste of energy and futile).

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2005, 7:07 pm

My metaphysical and parapsychological past goes back
to age 15. It was in 1981(24 years ago), and I was
part of a Rocky Horror Picture Show theatre movie cast.

My first channeling experience wrote:
It was one of a few I joined. I often(as a older adult)
say the psychic and Magik using energies are strong
with these folk. Sex magick and Physical objects used
in Magick were very common.

Back to the past. This theatre had alot of black candles
lit, and sometimes odd smells not natural to a old
theatre, and not natural to drugs. The burning of
incense, and scented objects wasn't uncommon.
I was living there for 5 years off and on depending
my relationship quality with my step-grandfather at that
age. It was my first safe haven. I was acting as the
janitor and the place showed art films(before art films
and b&w movies regained popularity in the 90's.

One night, I don't know what someone really did, but
the spirits of the places past and present(acts of magick)
combined. There were cold spots(my first experience
with them) and odd winds and chill spots in the most
unlikely places(where priorly they were not envirementally
possible).

We (10 people) go to the office and someone suggests
a weegee board(mispelt because I forgot how to spell
it at this moment). We asked how many people in
this building. 10HR was the answer, and (?) we thought.
We asked again, and 'Stan beware, stan beware" and
a cold chill enters me goes out of me, and I see one
of the 9 remaining folks, and say eeriely( TOUCH MY HAND!)
and a low chill factor ebbs from it, and I was held back
by the others and the facial expression for him was seeing
death in the face.

That should do the trick in giving insight into my
metaphysical past and hope it is a helpful contribution
to your thread.

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

Sparkle1984
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Nov 2005, 7:11 pm

Quote:
For instance, you mentioned dreaming about pink and green slips of paper on the ground outside your place of employment. Are you sure that those papers weren’t there the day before when you left work? Could you have been distracted and not consciously noticed the paper slips?

In the dream, the green and pink slips of paper weren't outside the office, they were floating round me when I was at a beach.
As far as I am aware, the papers weren't there the previous evening when I left off work. It gets pitch-black dark very early where I live (before 5pm, which is my leaving time), so I wouldn't have been able to see them very well anyway, let alone detect what colour they were. And when I saw the papers on the ground the following morning (Thursday) after having the dream, they looked quite clean as if they hadn't been there for long and had very few or no footprints on them. By Thursday lunchtime, they had become quite dirty with people's footprints, as hundreds of people use that entrance/exit on a daily basis.

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2005, 7:47 pm

Hmmmm? This may or maynot qualify as a prophetic
type future situation. I will give it a try just in case.

Spirit of Rocky:Horror origins of cast years wrote:
To start this thought I must give some history.
From 1981(age 15) to 1991(age 25) I obsessed
on Rocky Horror Picture show.

In this time I have come to spirit things that
were leading me in future events, or cast breakup
or changes.

I was part of the Sunnyvale cast in 1981-1986,
I later joined the long in tooth Berkely cast in 1988
I Started my own cast in 1990 and the theatre lost
it's lease later.
I then joined a ill-fated cast in San Francisco in 1991.

Spirit inspired events wrote:
Since I hated the human race more than, than now.
I often was a harbourer of negative energy.

There was a cast in Palo Alto that was at the
Varsity Theatre(12 years was it's life span?, maybe
longer). I would feel occassionally compelled
to go(though they disliked me being there) in spirit.
and a guiding unseen hand would take me there
by making me feel compelled to go and a tug.

Whenever I arrived, within weeks their politics,
and rivalaries would blow up, and 1/3 the cast
would leave and eerie events would occur.

Then I feel a unseen yank again to re-appear
and again havoc would happen to their cast.

These were not timed draws to this particular
place, but randomly done and led by a unseen
hand.

The final bought, and a little later they would
go under as a cast, I felt compelled to go,
and when I arrived a 15 year old kid looks
at me with a essence of a older spirit or energy
that would not be for a rocky horror virgin.

She takes my hand and says your job is done.
and a THRUSTING hand pulls me away in a
rapid thrust and I stopped getting these feeling
to go to Rocky Horror.

If the author of this thread feels I offended him by
my posts, then so be it, I felt these would be helpful
contributions and the intent to invade your post was
NOT INTENTIONAL, but from my view contributive.

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2005, 8:52 pm

Quote:
I wonder how many other people with AS have had this? Sometimes I have dreams about things (usually small, uninteresting things) and then I find that the next day, they happen in real life.

I have had a few, they all tie together to an single ending, the ending I am now approaching in my life. soon it will come to a head. not much else to be said on the matter I guess, except that, in the end, the paths may have been set before you, with all its twists and turns, but it was always up to you what turns and paths you had taken, you seen it coming.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Nov 2005, 11:22 pm

Sparkle1984 wrote:

It has been happening since I was about 10 years old (but only extremely rarely, maybe once every few months) but now it's happening more often. This week it happened 4 times on 3 different nights, which seems exceptional, and I'm not sure how it can be just a coincidence. Usually the dreams where I predict the future are much fuzzier than my normal dreams, which are usually vivid.

For example, on Sunday one of my dreams involved seeing a woman tear some money in half - and then the next day when we were out at a restaurant to celebrate my grandmother's birthday, my sister joked to my 2 nieces that she would tear a £10 note in half and give them £5 each! That was the first time I had ever heard someone make such a joke or comment.

As I am (or have been) a temporary agency worker, I recently applied for a permanent position within my office, direct with the company - I had to go for an interview on Monday, which made me very nervous. I found the interview very challenging, and for the following days I was doubtful I had succeeded. On Thursday morning I was due to be told whether I had been offered the permanent position. On Wednesday night, as I was in an anxious mood, I found it more difficult to sleep than usual. I did have a dream though that I was sitting in the meeting room with my manager being told that I had been offered a permanent job. Then later on that night, I had a dream that I was at a beach, and green and pink slips of paper were floating around me (when I was at high school several years ago there was a system whereby students were given green slips if they had been exceptionally good, and pink slips if they had been naughty, which would be sent to the parents).

Then when I got to work the next morning (Thursday) I found that there were several green and pink slips of paper scattered on the ground outside the office - they were blank on both sides, and they were there for no apparent reason. I had never seen anything like that before, in all my months of working there, and I thought it was spooky I had seen them in my dream the previous night. But in some way it reassured me - if that part of my dream was true - then maybe the dream about me getting the job would be true too. And so it was - even though I wasn't offered the job at the rank (it's a hiearchical structure) I had applied for, I was offered one in the same role but of one rank lower.

Last night I had a dream that I was in a supermarket- and I don't often go with my family to the supermarket (maybe only once every 3 months or so) as we do most of the shopping online, or the parents go on their own. And it turned out that today I did go to the supermarket with my step-dad, even though I hadn't been warned before.

There are so many other examples in the past aswell of dreams I've had, but the ones on Wednesday night are the hardest to dismiss as a coincidence. What could be causing this?

Last week I had a dream that I broke into a toy store and took a pee on the floor. The next morning I open up the classified section in the newspaper and a local resale toy store (The building was a pee yellow barn) announced it was going out of business.

Other times I just randomly think of certain things and poof something happens. Examples:

I was randomly thinking about 99.7 KFRC San Francisco and its oldies format. Within that week, bye bye. Flips to Gold AC.

I was walking to school and I put on a local country station. I was thinking 2 things:

1. It should try simmulcasting the local rock station to give it a better signal in Milwaukee since Milwaukee's rock station flipped to classic based rock the month before.

2. It would probably wind up being Milwaukee's first Spanish station.

I get out of school. Start walking home. Turn on that station again and its simmulcasting the rock station. Then I get home and find out it was stunting to become Milwaukee's Spanish station.

(That alone gives me chills)

During the early summer I was thinking that the local AM station should flip to oldies since the only oldies outlet flipped to Jack FM. Then the Thursday before the 4th of July I had a funny urge to record the station thinking "well the current format is probably gonna be gone so you better record it for keeps sake" Sure enough, flips to oldies the day after.

Then comes Hurricane Katrina. I'm walking home from Wendys thinking about the New Orleans radio stations and as I was walking home I almost got hit by a car. Not long after heeeeeeeeeere comes Katrina. :( Then as Katrina was hitting New Orleans I randomly got a really bad kidney stone and had to check into the hospital.

I guess stuff like this just happens. Glad I'm not alone.

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 10:03 pm

I've had the dreams thing too - but it always tends to be about something very trivial, and years in advance of the actual event. So, I suppose it could be happening a lot more than I realise, seeing as I can only apply it to the dreams that really stuck in my mind.

Also, I've found something else;
When I start singing to myself as I go about my daily business, if I turn on my radio (which generally is tuned into Radio 1 out of laziness) that exact song is playing, sometimes even the part i was singing :? I've put this to the test and checked if the music is playing anywhere else in the house, where it could have influenced me subconsciously, and it wasn't. Anyone else had this?

It'd be really usefull if you had it for TV... you'd never miss a good show! :P

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2005, 10:39 pm

They are just coincidences.

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 5:03 pm

Well, thanks for that ever-valuable contribution to an otherwise interesting discussion.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 5:13 pm

Who are you talking to?

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 5:29 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
They are just coincidences.

Who do you think?