Page 3 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Barsine
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Aug 2011, 6:57 pm

Hmmm... just started a thread about this because I didn't see this one. I guess I'm asexual and I only just now realized it.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2011, 10:29 pm

swbluto wrote:
Callista wrote:
It's not directly related, really.

I mean, most autistic people aren't asexual. Most of us are straight/bi/gay/whatever and want romance and sex.

But asexuality is more common on the spectrum than off it; maybe as much as ten times more common (10% of the autistic population versus 1% of NTs).

According to wikipedia, 20% of the general female population is asexual. If the proportions are 10 times higher in the autistic community (And in a prima facie kind of way, it is.), then that means 200% of autistic females are asexual. It's not right, but it appears to be kind of close.

Noticing that trend, I realized that autistic females probably aren't the type to pursue a romance with. Maybe the "almost autistic" or semi-autistic type...

Yeah, Aspie men are more likely to be successful in the romantic area than Aspie women. I think thats because the woman can tolerate the Aspie man's quirks more. Women also act as caregivers for their husbands.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 1:25 am

I have AS and I'm asexual. I don't think my asexuality is a result of my autism though. Asexuality is simply all I've ever known. I have no idea what a sexual urge or what being 'horny' feels like. It just feels like it's just me.

Last edited by Jonsi on 07 Aug 2011, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilverShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2011, 4:17 am

I am asexual and in a happy heterosexual relationship! Which I guess is kind of weird, but it's with someone I really, really like and since he knows I'm asexual he goes out of his way to accommodate. But sometimes it has become kind of awkward for both of us when he makes a stray comment about a guy he kind of finds attractive, because he is more attracted to men than I am. He's also only a 1 on the Kinsey scale, which is measured between 0 (completely straight) and 6 (completely gay), so he's still very much straight....

So yeah. People come in many types....

bluecountry
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2011, 5:32 pm

If I am in my late 20s, never having sex, and only masterbate when I get frustrated (upset at not getting an A on a test) AND if I only masterbate through 'rubbing' my *****, if I have never been able to do a hand job, am I likely asexual?

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 7:10 pm

bluecountry wrote:
If I am in my late 20s, never having sex, and only masterbate when I get frustrated (upset at not getting an A on a test) AND if I only masterbate through 'rubbing' my *****, if I have never been able to do a hand job, am I likely asexual?

Are you sexually attracted to anything? If yes, you are not asexual, if no, we'll talk.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2011, 7:19 pm

Unfortunately, I will probably never find a guy who respects the fact that I'm asexual and don't want kids. There are very few men who are asexual. :cry:

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 8:14 pm

I'm not asexual.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 8:22 pm

peaceloveerin wrote:
Unfortunately, I will probably never find a guy who respects the fact that I'm asexual and don't want kids. There are very few men who are asexual. :cry:

;)

Unfortunately, I do want kids eventually, adopted or otherwise. Sorry. D:

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 8:28 pm

peaceloveerin wrote:

Well, I could almost prove you wrong. I'm not exactly asexual, but I'm far closer to it than most people (especially for my age group). I really don't want kids either.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

07 Aug 2011, 8:31 pm

peaceloveerin wrote:

Unfortunately, I will probably never find an asexual who respects the fact that I'm sexual and must release my sexual urges through alternative means if I were to partner with an asexual. There are very few women who are tolerant to alternatives.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2011, 8:34 pm

Jonsi wrote:
peaceloveerin wrote:

;)

Unfortunately, I do want kids eventually, adopted or otherwise. Sorry. D:

Thats fine by me. I just can't deal with the added responsibility of raising a child or children...its too much stress for me. I'm too selfish and immature to do so.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 8:35 pm

swbluto wrote:
peaceloveerin wrote:

Unfortunately, I will probably never find an asexual who respects the fact that I'm sexual and must release my sexual urges through alternative means if I were to partner with an asexual. There are very few women who are tolerant to alternatives.

If you were a woman I'd give you a wink too. I may be asexual, but I would have sex if a partner required it. Though I can't say I'd enjoy it...

Three replies to one post.

Man, I gotta get outta this thread, I'm posting in it too much.

bluecountry
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2011, 1:24 am

Jonsi wrote:
bluecountry wrote:

Are you sexually attracted to anything? If yes, you are not asexual, if no, we'll talk.

Perhaps we should PM.
Look I never, ever, get aroused unless I am frustrated.
If I see a good looking girl, I do not care.

What matters to me is being good looking, looking muscular and strong.
If I see somebody who is my age, and has the body I want, I may get a little attrached as in wanting to be their close friend so I can feel cool...but do I want sexual relations? Not really, unless it is a means to end...the end being I can say "Hey...I am cool...because I got closer than anybody else to the cool kid".

However, if I see a good looking person, I never have tried and been in relations, but I can say, I NEVER have been able to "get off" to somebody because I thought they looked good.
I can only "get off" if I am frustrated that person X is bigger and stronger than me or scored better on a test than me.

When I am feeling good about myself, and my body, I can weeks without masterbating.

I am a loner, so I don't know if my lack of sex is due to poor social skills, or simply, that I do not care.
Part of me thinks if I got confidence and could get 'some' that I would be like a kid with credit card and go nuts.
Part of me thinks though I just might struggle, at least at first, to get off, because again I NEVER get off unless I am frustrated and the getting off serves as release for it...and I never get off by a hand job.

PM me if you wish.
I have always wondered if I am asexual or just somebody whose sex ID has yet to be determined due to isolation.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 2:10 am

Oh, I can totally feel asthetic attraction to somebody. I'll look at them and go, "Wow, that person's beautiful," but it's not like I want to drag them to bed. They're just nice to look at, that's all.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 10:40 am

bluecountry wrote:
Jonsi wrote:
bluecountry wrote:

Perhaps we should PM.
Look I never, ever, get aroused unless I am frustrated.
If I see a good looking girl, I do not care.

What matters to me is being good looking, looking muscular and strong.
If I see somebody who is my age, and has the body I want, I may get a little attrached as in wanting to be their close friend so I can feel cool...but do I want sexual relations? Not really, unless it is a means to end...the end being I can say "Hey...I am cool...because I got closer than anybody else to the cool kid".

However, if I see a good looking person, I never have tried and been in relations, but I can say, I NEVER have been able to "get off" to somebody because I thought they looked good.
I can only "get off" if I am frustrated that person X is bigger and stronger than me or scored better on a test than me.

When I am feeling good about myself, and my body, I can weeks without masterbating.

I am a loner, so I don't know if my lack of sex is due to poor social skills, or simply, that I do not care.
Part of me thinks if I got confidence and could get 'some' that I would be like a kid with credit card and go nuts.
Part of me thinks though I just might struggle, at least at first, to get off, because again I NEVER get off unless I am frustrated and the getting off serves as release for it...and I never get off by a hand job.

PM me if you wish.
I have always wondered if I am asexual or just somebody whose sex ID has yet to be determined due to isolation.

Well, I can say you definitely show signs of it. You'll have to do tons of research and whatnot, and even then you might not know.

I've been looking for a long time. Asexual is just what fits. I think I'm either that or in the grey area.

Just go with what you feel though. Only you can only really know what you are. :D