Do you have favourite pens for particular tasks?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 6:45 pm

Fountain pens used to be one of my interests, but now I can't stand them. The very thought of the metal scratching across the surface of paper like nails on a chalkboard makes my balls shrivel into my stomach. :x I don't know how I ever managed to enjoy it in the first place. It's the same reason I hate using pencils. Today it's ballpoint or nothing.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 3:30 am

I've had to use fountain pens for years because they apparently helped with my bad handwriting. In reality, though, I think I would've preferred normal pens. I always got ink on me, on my stuff, everywhere. And I didn't even like the feeling of it writing.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 4:01 am

I've never thought about this. I think I do. I have a pen for writing on calendars, one for grocery list, one for writing on greeting cards, and one for my purse. Oh and I use a pencil for writing do-lists and taking notes. I'm sure those guys carrying 5 pens in their shirt pocket use each one differently as well. :D Why do they need so many otherwise?

ChrisP
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2011, 6:05 am

I hated the ball pen in my school days - to my eyes the cheap ones produced irregular lines, and I loathed the indent they made in the page. Of course in those days nobody knew I was an Aspie In Training.

Farms
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Aug 2011, 10:00 am

whiterat wrote:
For example, a pen for writing on the calendar and another pen for writing in notebooks. I know logically that pens which can write can be used for anything, but for certain things I feel more secure having a specific pen.

Its the same for me. I have a pen for writing poetry, one for doodling and one for writing in bold/captials. But mostly I use my favorite pen...a Parker fountain pen.
Frankly, I dont understand how most people have no preference for a pen(s) whenever they need one and simply just grab one within their reach.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 10:38 am

I only use a Uniball 207, won't use any other pen.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 12:41 pm

I use a red pen to write stories with, but that's only because writing the amount of stories I write runs the pens out, so nobody else in my house uses red pens so I use them to write stories with.

Otherwise, no, I don't have particular pens for particular tasks. I have a box of nice pens, and I use the first one I pick up to write in my diary or something like that.

xmh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2011, 1:41 pm

My handwriting is better when there is more friction between pen and paper, so fountain pens tend to be better.

I tend to use pencil a lot as well for maths studies, the difference between a cheap pencil, and better quality ones is noticeable. I recently bought one of the desk mount pencil sharpeners and it helps as well.

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2011, 1:48 pm

Talking about friction, does anyone here use the Frixion highlighters and pens from Pilot?

I used a black pen for taking notes in class, because if I made any mistakes I could erase them quickly without having to fiddle with correction tape.

I use the highlighters for my personal reading. When I was a kid, I used to highlight contractions in some of my books because we had just started learning about them in school. A few years ago I was looking through those books and wondered why I did it. With these highlighters, I know that everything can be erased if necessary.

For school and work I stick with the regular highlighters because from experience, I know it's not very likely I need to erase highlighter marks.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 2:07 pm

Drawing pen
Writing pen
Killing pen
Pig Pen
State Pen

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 2:36 pm

Oooh, is your killing pen poisoned, like the umbrella the Soviets used to kill the Hungarian journalist?

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

abc123
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2011, 3:50 pm

I didn't think I did and laughed at the title until I started reading. :oops: At work we have to write in black and I've started getting irritated if I can only find another colour at home. We buy in boxes of 50 of the same pen and I get irritated if I can only find other odd pens as like these pens.

I do have a favourite pen that my Mum bought me which is bright pink, transparent and has a soft fluffy pink feather on the top and feels/smells really nice if I lean my face on it.
Hmm I'm more Aspie than I realised :lol:

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 7:52 pm

Homework must be done in mechanical pencils...and tests/quizzes must be done with "lucky" pens and pencils.

JohnOldman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Aug 2011, 4:50 pm

Moog wrote:
Drawing pen
Writing pen
Killing pen
Pig Pen
State Pen

:lol:

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 7:05 pm

I have a set of pens I use specifically for work. Uniball Signo. One color for every day. I like them because the ink is consistent and they have unique grips that I can use for pen spinning.