Is it normal for an autistic to have weak shoulders?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sparhawke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

I have never really been a strongman whereas my older brother is, what i do have that my brothers don't though is a tenacity to keep on going where everyone would tend to give up, especially with walking.

I was once backpacking outside of Paris and ended up 50km away in a couple of days with a 150lb backpack on and just carried on going, I have often thought of doing something for charity along the same lines but never seem to get around to it, forget running though lol

Godless_lawyer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Aug 2011, 10:38 pm

sfreyj wrote:
It could be a result of poor posture. Many autistic people walk 'differently'. I often get shoulder and lower back pain, but, having said that, so do lots of people.

Wonder if you could elaborate on 'walking differently'? What do you mean by that?

I don't really know much about Autism/Aspergers and the symptoms and I'm genuinely curious.

sfreyj
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Aug 2011, 11:06 pm

Godless_lawyer wrote:
sfreyj wrote:
It could be a result of poor posture. Many autistic people walk 'differently'. I often get shoulder and lower back pain, but, having said that, so do lots of people.

Wonder if you could elaborate on 'walking differently'? What do you mean by that?

I don't really know much about Autism/Aspergers and the symptoms and I'm genuinely curious.

I could be completely wrong, but I think they tend towards a hunched posture and/or an usual gait. I'm sure it varies from person to person. I hunch over a bit when I walk, and I walk on my toes when I have no shoes on. My friend and his brother, who are also aspies, have a similar walking style.