Are you more sensitive to the heat or the cold?

Page 5 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Which are you more sensitive to?
Heat 48%  48%  [ 126 ]
Cold 34%  34%  [ 89 ]
Both 15%  15%  [ 38 ]
Neither 3%  3%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 260

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 5:07 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
65536 wrote:
I'm sensitive to cold. I love warm weather (max. temperature around 30°C).

What is your avatar a picture of? Looks interesting!

It's a train's wheel on the rail. Looks nice, doesn't it?

I prefer warmer weather, because of clothes. I don't like clothes. But I hate when it's hot and stifling. 25C max. Generally I'm more sensitive to warmth and pretty resistant to coldness. I'm usually the only one in short sleeve.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 7:57 pm

Oh God, definitely the heat. I get panicky just thinking about it. When I was a kid and on a bowling league, I wore shorts yearround because I was scared of getting too hot. I also closed all the vents in my parents' house, then went in my bedroom and sat under a bunch of blankets. My dad thought I was literally crazy.

If I sit in front of a campfire I get a weird reticulated pattern on my legs from the heat. I don't know anyone like this...

antonblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2011, 4:15 am

Hi there,

sinse my 20ties i get URTICARIA nearly everywhere on my body when it gets cold, or when I put some part of my body in cold water. Its annoying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticaria

But I don't know why I get it, and if it is related to my AS or not. Maybe it has multiple causes, maybe some nutrition problem. I don't know. :(

greets,
anton

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 9:23 am

antonblock wrote:
Hi there,

sinse my 20ties i get URTICARIA nearly everywhere on my body when it gets cold, or when I put some part of my body in cold water. Its annoying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticaria

But I don't know why I get it, and if it is related to my AS or not. Maybe it has multiple causes, maybe some nutrition problem. I don't know. :(

greets,
anton

Well, that seems to be similar to what I get from exposure to heat! Like I said before, sitting in front of a campfire and I've also gotten it from using heating pads and sitting next to an electric space heater. The worst I had took a year to go away. The medical term for mine is apparently ERYTHEMA AB IGNE.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 11:55 am

I love the winter snow and the cold. Heat and humidity just about kills me. 8)

salemzarves
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2011, 10:02 pm

The Heat mostly becasue of the sun and it can get pretty darn hot in Texas

lilbuddah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Dec 2011, 10:09 pm

I'm in England so you'd think I'm pretty used to being below the global climate right? Wrong. Cold is evil, I cannot stand even most UK summers, I own several humongous jackets that I wear almost all year round as well as a few long sleeved t-shirts(which I don't like as much, too clingy) I much prefer very warm temperatures, going to Greece a few years back was amongst the most comfortable experiences I have ever had.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 10:25 pm

I'm extremely sensitive to cold air. I almost have a phobia about it, I have to really talk myself into going out of the house when it's below 60 F. My ears are especially sensitive, they will start throbbing with pain if there is just a cool breeze. My muscles tense up too much and it wears me out. Sometimes I have trouble breathing in cool air.

I love warm weather bordering on hot. Where I live we have long hot summers, and yes there is a threshold where it gets too hot for me, mid 90's - 100 and above but I think that's the same for everyone. I have very pale skin and blister easily, also can have dizzy spells in the heat so I can't be out in the afternoon on a summer day. But I don't feel overly sensitive to heat, the way I am to cold.

Ask me again in July, and I might give a different answer.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Dec 2011, 11:03 pm

I answered both because I can be quite sensitive to heat and cold. I will relate two examples. Several years ago my family went to Walt Disney World during the summer. Wow was it ever hot. I was rolling in sweat in the parks. I was miserable, but still able to have some fun. One day I got kind of ill from the heat though. But overall, it was a fun trip. A few weeks ago I attended a football game. It was somewhat cold, but not freezing. Although I was wearing a coat, I was trembling and shaking uncontrollably. I actually was not functioning well at all. I felt like I was trying to survive just long enough to get to someplace warm. In a way, the cold can shut me down more than the heat. But the problem with the heat is that I sweat terribly---it gets in my eyes and my clothes get wet. So the heat and cold are both pretty bad for me.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 7:07 pm

Cold more than heat.

-I take very hot showers because if any air seeps in through the shower curtain, my whole body feels cold and I turn up the heat in the shower even more.
The strange thing is, If it's the same temperature of heat just running on my hands it registers more clearly that it's hot.

When it is cold outside, I feel like staying in and doing nothing but I force myself not to. If I put on layers of clothing I start feeling like doing nothing and get irritable.

When it comes to heat, it's the humidity that I can't stand so if I am in a humid place, I stay inside. If it's dry heat, I can tolerate that better.

Orcist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2011, 7:14 pm

I'm the same as TheygoMew.

I'm unusually sensitive to the cold, especially on windy days.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2011, 10:29 pm

Another thing I hate about the cold, is not just the cold itself but having to wear layers of clothes to stay warm. I can get overheated in too many clothes so I keep adding/subtracting layers all day, too hot with this on, oops no I'm too cold if I take it off. After awhile I just want to take everything off, it feels like the clothes are too heavy, like they are weighing me down.

I especially can't stand wearing socks, they make my feet feel too hot and sort of prickly. I never wear socks except when it's cold enough to wear boots.

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2011, 11:37 pm

I cannot stand the cold. It makes me have no motivation to do anything because I'm to effing cold.

madden
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Dec 2011, 11:45 pm

I find the heat both physically uncomfortable and emotionally distressing.

Mugginess. Glaring, pitiless sun. Hot tarmac. Migraine city.

Give me cold, clean, dignified Fall and Winter. Bliss.

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Dec 2011, 6:56 am

Definitely the cold. If I'm cold, I can't concentrate on anything else.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2011, 7:25 am

I am more sensitive to the heat.
I do get hives from the cold, though.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I