Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Aug 2011, 5:28 am

Fine art, apparently.

VeggieGirl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2011, 12:53 pm

This isn't an unusual talent, but I have been told that I am an exceptionally good writer. I am in grad school and get very god evaluations for writing. I think it is because I can easily pick up on grammatical rules, so my writing conforms very well to the writing style accepted in my discipline. (However, my spelling is awful.)

I am also a pretty good scrapbooker.

I used to be pretty good at playing the flute, especially for my age.

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2011, 1:04 pm

Sparhawke wrote:
This is not a post meant to alienate anyone

no kidding. you made the subject so broad its more like "come and brag about yourself here" as everybody has a talent for something, those that don't think they do are clinically depressed and should seek help.

David23
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

Sparhawke wrote:
i have always been able to build up a crystal clear image of something in my mind, and then take that image and "x-ray" it, twist and turn it, zoom in and out and scale it up like a CAD drawing, and manipulate it in many other ways so I can usually figure out how things work pretty quickly, from nuts and bolts to stars and galaxies.

^ This, Exactly :D

I can make just about anything in my minds eye and spin it, move it, slice and dice, etc. I love how I can do this with 3D maps in my head for directions and maps of my city or neighborhood. They are usually my own interpretation of maps I've seen, but enhanced with my own styling. I get bored with plain maps :roll:

I can also remember and sing the lyrics of just about any song I have ever heard. By the time the song is over I already know it by heart :wink:

My Tweets sometimes get out of hand... Disregard any offensive ones... It's all in good fun/ludicrousness ;)

higgie
Raven
Raven

25 Aug 2011, 6:53 pm

I have been diagnosed with AS, and I think because of the deficiency of the social part of my brain, other parts are more advanced. I don't like to brag, but it is a fact that I'm an outstanding writer and I have an M.A. and a Ph.D. in world literature. I speak French and Spanish, and can translate them to English. I am also an excellent photographer and actor, and I can paint, draw, sing, sew, and do arts and crafts. I'm also very witty.

I used to wonder why I'm good at so many things, and now I think it's AS-related. This is why if I could snap my fingers and stop being autistic, I wouldn't do it, because I think I'd lose those other things.

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2011, 9:00 am

Math is another thing that comes like talent or inspiration.
I didn't know until this semester that I can do math like nobodies' business
I don't even TRY and I get all the answers.
My reading comprehension is through the roof too....according to my scores on tests..

stumbelina
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Oct 2011, 9:29 am

I'm a dj, got a set of pioneer 1000s and technics 1210s. I know all there is to know about Trance music. I am currently learning Logic 8 on my new imac and I've nearly completed my first mash-up! I'm addicted!! I am also good at drawing and art :)

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Oct 2011, 7:59 pm

Yes, I am talented in music. I am a talent savant---I am able to play musical instruments I become fascinated with in little time and without lessons or instruction.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2011, 8:52 pm

I am able to sketch swords, shields and science fiction characters, write poems and songs and write stories, I can do scrapbooking, make cards and make necklaces and bangles. I am able to express and explain how I feel by being creative. I am very understanding, I love music, I can remember every song name, name of artist and what number they were in the music charts especially 80s and early 90s music. I don't follow the charts anymore but enjoy different types of music I can rattle of the name of the song and the artist when listening to the radio and I have a big collection of music ranging from Jazz to heavy metal. I also have a good memory I can remember peoples names, faces, landmarks, holidays and the silly things my friends and I did when we were younger in complete detail right down to the most trival things from years ago. I also have a sense of humour and cheeky and can come up with silly jokes and act funny too imitating characters from comics and actors. Im quick at learning different computer programmes and computer games without using a manual as well as working out how to use different gadgets mobile phones, ipods, laptops, amplifers, home theatre systems, dvd and blue ray disk players, cameras, video cameras, car stereo systems, uhf radios and set them up without a manual. m Jazz to heavy metal. I also have a good memory I can remember peoples names, faces, landmarks, holidays and the silly things my friends and I did when we were younger in complete detail right down to the most trival things from years ago. I also have a sense of humour and cheeky and can come up with silly jokes and act funny too imitating characters from comics and actors. Im quick at learning different computer programmes and computer games without using a manual as well as working out how to use different gadgets mobile phones, ipods, laptops, amplifers, home theatre systems, dvd and blue ray disk players, cameras, video cameras, car stereo systems, uhf radios and set them up without a manual.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

My talent is in art. I mainly do colored pencils. I have done some watercolors as well and also a couple of oils. I have several hundred designs of colored pencils though. I am also well known in the autism world for art. I have been in 3 different autism books including Drawing Autism and Artism: The Art of Autism. The other is in Polish even though I live in the US. I guess someone from Poland came to one of the autism conferences I went to (I had a speech and had a booth with my art in it) and fell in love with it. So, I don't know the name of the Polish book out of my head. I have also been on TV for being in one of the books in my local area (the local news in Seattle). I have done speeches at conferences in Washington State, Oregon, and Canada. Everyone is inspired by my speeches. I don't know if my speeches is considered a talent but everyone says I am good at it. Before speaking I was terrified and was even scared for my brother when he had a speech class in college. Out of the blue I had a manic episode and said I was going to Toastmasters to do speaking. I thought my speeches were going to change the world and I was going to travel the world and make millions of dollars. Of course I was delusional. I still do the speeches even though I don't get paid for it (instead they give me a booth to sell my art) in my local area. I also have a lot of knowledge in abnormal psychology because it affects me so much and my family.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 11:03 pm

David23 wrote:
Sparhawke wrote:
i have always been able to build up a crystal clear image of something in my mind, and then take that image and "x-ray" it, twist and turn it, zoom in and out and scale it up like a CAD drawing, and manipulate it in many other ways so I can usually figure out how things work pretty quickly, from nuts and bolts to stars and galaxies.

^ This, Exactly :D

I can make just about anything in my minds eye and spin it, move it, slice and dice, etc. I love how I can do this with 3D maps in my head for directions and maps of my city or neighborhood. They are usually my own interpretation of maps I've seen, but enhanced with my own styling. I get bored with plain maps :roll:

I can do that too.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 2:38 am

I can accomplish most anything I set my mind to with average or above average results. Getting the motivation is what I struggle with.