Anyone ever call you the name of a tv character as an insult

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 11:45 pm

Has anyone ever called you the name of a tv or cartoon character as an insult. Because of my constant memory problems my former co-workers would call me Randy...ie the big dumb character from My Name is Earl. They also called me rocketman after the character from the movie rocketman because how weird I am just like the character from the film. :roll:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 11:48 pm

I was called Forrest Gump by my ex and everyone told me it was an insult.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 11:49 pm

Someone once said I was like Spock, because I'm "unemotional". It wasn't meant to be an insult, but it's far from the truth. If anything I'm overemotional.

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 12:06 am

Erm...I used to get Kramer from Seinfeld in middle school. I'm a girl, don't ask.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 12:08 am

A co-worker once told me I reminded them of Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 12:09 am

I tend to get "Yeah, whatever Bones." or "Ok, Monk." fairly often. Monk is usually uttered with more contemp while Bones tends to be said with a smile. I don't think I behave like either character.

kiwigoddess
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2010, 12:09 am

pippi, oppie, little orphan annie (that one hurt). exc..I'm a redhead, Ive heard them all. I think the only time anyone ever compares me to a celebrity is for an insult.
lol. Id love to be called Bones, or Clhole from 24, but so far no luck. :)

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 12:10 am

People used to call me Timon because of my special intrest in meerkats and Lion King. My brother called me Timon as a cute nickname but the neighbor kid called me Timon as an insult.

Last edited by PunkyKat on 15 Jun 2010, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 12:12 am

I was called Curious George because I was very curious and I asked too many questions and wanted to know everything (not literally) but I don't think it was used as an insult. A girl in my class said I was like him. Even my husband called me it a few days ago but I know he didn't mean it as an insult.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 12:29 am

kiwigoddess wrote:
pippi, oppie, little orphan annie (that one hurt). exc..I'm a redhead, Ive heard them all. I think the only time anyone ever compares me to a celebrity is for an insult.
lol. Id love to be called Bones, or Clhole from 24, but so far no luck. :)

sup, Clhoe? =]

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 12:58 am

I was called Bugs Bunny in elementary school because I had buck teeth. Thankfully Spongebob didn't catch on in popularity until after I got braces, or else I would have surely been called that too.

sillycat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jun 2010, 1:13 am

In Canada, there was a popular children's show called Mr Dress Up. One of the puppets on that show was a boy named "Casey" and his pet dog Finnegan. Because I was an Aspie, and quite shy and quiet etc. My peers would ask me "Hey Casey, where's Finnegan" over and over and over again.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 2:38 am

The kids in our neighbourhood used to call me Mr Bean.

I untied one of them (the kids) who had been beaten and tied onto a lamp-post with wire and they stopped calling me that. The adults have worse names, but they aren't TV characters...

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 2:54 am

My brother still calls me Spock. At my last work place I was occasionally called "Monk", my son sometimes calls me Bones. (He means it affectionately.)

My son gets called Spock since the new film, and takes it as a compliment. When he visits his father he gets called Niles, or Data, which he likes, since he thinks the latter character is pretty cool. He likes Niles too, since he thinks he's the funniest and sweetest thing on Frasier. I used to be called Frasier back in the days of Cheers, when I was at school. My nicknames were very equal opportunity and never paid attention to the fact that I'm female. (We are a family of nerds.)

The only one I don't understand is why anyone ever called me Monkey from the Japanese series. I'm not complaining... they could have called me Pigsy.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 3:12 am

mgran wrote:
The only one I don't understand is why anyone ever called me Monkey from the Japanese series. I'm not complaining... they could have called me Pigsy.

In which case you'd be voiced by Gollum. Win-win! :)

The year is still young.

CanadianRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2010, 4:41 am

I was compared to Mr. Bean (I am a female and was a teenager at the time so it was NOT complimentary).

I was also compared to a cartoon character from a show which I cannot remember. The character was a duck and had anxiety problems. He had a rubber ring, which had a duck head on it (like a child's swim ring). The rubber ring duck had the same expression as the cartoon duck and was always panicking and worried about something.

Not a nice way of treating someone with anxiety issues at the time...

I am pretty sure I have been compared to Cliff Clavin from the TV show Cheers. This was because I would bring up trivial facts a lot.

For some reason, being compared to Cliffy doesn't bother me so much. Everybody actually kind of likes Cliffy deep inside....