Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

henix
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2011, 11:44 am

Do you think "wrong planet" is a wise name to be used? Could you think of a better place to live in? Would you prefer to live among people who are all Aspies rather than NTs?

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 11:48 am

I'm not on the wrong planet.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 11:51 am

Well, for me it's about existing in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong people, doing the wrong job, etc. Why wouldn't it be the "Wrong Planet?" WP makes perfect sense to me.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

17 Aug 2011, 12:09 pm

The name made perfect sense to me the first time I saw this site.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 12:16 pm

If I had landed here about 10,000 years ago or maybe further back, I'm sure I'd have felt like I was definitely in the right place. But, the world has been altered a lot since then, so it's really not the same anymore. Right planet, wrong time, maybe.

henix
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2011, 12:19 pm

Mummy_of_Peanut wrote:
If I had landed here about 10,000 years ago or maybe further back, I'm sure I'd have felt like I was definitely in the right place. But, the world has been altered a lot since then, so it's really not the same anymore. Right planet, wrong time, maybe.

Thanks, I loved your reply. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 12:40 pm

The name, WrongPlanet makes perfect sense to me. Don't I remember you from months back?

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 12:53 pm

Nothing wrong with the planet. It's just those inhabitants. Most of them are acting in very strange ways.

henix
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2011, 1:03 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The name, WrongPlanet makes perfect sense to me. Don't I remember you from months back?

No, you don't. I joint here last week :)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

17 Aug 2011, 1:21 pm

This planet's too awesome to be the wrong one. I think we have a bunch of alien inhabitants who have taken over our perfect systems, screwing them up. Now we're out of money, all kids care about is social interaction, and important things are put aside for smaller things. Why did we let those guys come here in the first place is what I wanna know. :roll:

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
This planet's too awesome to be the wrong one. I think we have a bunch of alien inhabitants who have taken over our perfect systems, screwing them up. Now we're out of money, all kids care about is social interaction, and important things are put aside for smaller things. Why did we let those guys come here in the first place is what I wanna know. :roll:

That's awesome! I must make sure to remember it.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

Sora wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

That's awesome! I must make sure to remember it.

Well, there might be some truth to this. Think about it. In the days of the caveman, AS traits would have benefited survival. NT traits benefit reproduction, and that's why we're overrun with NTs now. :lol:

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 3:30 pm

henix wrote:
Would you prefer to live among people who are all Aspies rather than NTs?

Yes.

dopplercb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

I don't mind the name. makes sense most of the time.

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2011, 4:13 pm

It's seems I'm on the wrong, wrong planet.

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 4:56 pm

henix wrote:
Do you think "wrong planet" is a wise name to be used? Could you think of a better place to live in? Would you prefer to live among people who are all Aspies rather than NTs?

Wrong Planet is definitely makes sense to me from the first moment. Yes, I could. I think it wouldn't be drastically different, only friendlier in many ways. As far as I know, I'm already disposed to people who share more or less Aspie/autistic traits. I don't know if all the people would be Aspie would be better or not.