Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 2:59 am

Talk about your special interest endlessly!

To those who want to hear it!

http://www.canada.com/life/story.html?id=5266639

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 3:11 am

i seem to lack the endless part of perseveration, in that my obsessions are intense but short-lived, 'cept for one thing which belongs in the adult forum.

audio and video restoration is the one other thing which has fascinated me for decades.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

21 Aug 2011, 3:19 am

poetry would be mine...that and many types of fiber art.

what a neat idea. They should do that here in the US!

Jojo

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2011, 4:15 am

I was put off talking about my obsession because of my friend I had a few years ago. If I ever brought up one little word to do with the people who I was obsessed with, she said she wasn't going to talk to me. It made me tread on eggshells. If I saw one of the people who I was obsessed with, I had to bite my tongue. My friend has even said before, ''you're going to lose a lot of friends in your life if you don't lay off your obsession!''

So I'm even afraid to talk about it to people who want to know, and if anyone brings it up now, I have to change the subject. Otherwise I would be back in that habit again and then lose friends again.

Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)