I wish zoloft would have been around 35 years ago.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

AnAutisticMind
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Aug 2011, 7:27 pm

A friend of mine gave me a few of his Lexopros. 30 minutes after I took it....WOW!!

Went to the Doc and he prescribed Zoloft(much cheaper). Started at 25 mg and gradually brought it up to 150mg. What a world of difference.

Even though I feel relatively the same, I noticed a few things:

1- Bad thoughts don't enter my brain as much anymore. When they do, they are shortlived.
2-Anger outbursts are much milder and less frequent.
3- I seem calmer and can take the little things that use to drive me crazy.
4- Not as impuilsive.
5- Delayed ejaculation, but my woman loves that side effect. :D :wink:

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 7:44 pm

It just made me feel like a zombie. But hooray for those it works for.

Shivan
Raven
Raven

24 Aug 2011, 8:17 pm

I'm glad it's working for you. It worked on my depression, but I had severe homicidal urges while I was on it, so I had to change. I'm not sure which med I tried next, I've been through almost all of the anti-depressants, but I don't have a good memory for what I took and when I took it.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2011, 8:52 pm

I take zoloft its helped me alot. I'm a lot calmer then I was and my depression is'nt as bad as it was I don't take offence at little things as much and I have less meltdowns I only wish I had been on it earlier I feel I would have coped with things a lot better.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

24 Aug 2011, 9:16 pm

I was prescribed Zoloft for fibromyalgia nearly a month ago - 50 mg a day (started at 25, stepped up to 50) and I've noticed some mood improvements. It's almost a subtle effect, and I generally have a stronger sense of well-being most of the time.

I also don't ache all the time like I did before I took it, but I can still trigger a lot of pain from sufficient exercise.