Sitting in the house is the only thing that works

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2011, 2:39 pm

Sitting in the house is the only thing that works..........

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 2:46 pm

Understood. I get out of that when I'm in it by... getting someone to lure me somewhere basically. Suggesting we go get ice cream etc. Actually that's me luring them. But I couldn't go without them. Starts you feeling better being out and about but need someone to wind you up.

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Aug 2011, 4:05 pm

purchase wrote:
Understood. I get out of that when I'm in it by... getting someone to lure me somewhere basically. Suggesting we go get ice cream etc. Actually that's me luring them. But I couldn't go without them. Starts you feeling better being out and about but need someone to wind you up.

This is pretty much how I get out of the house. It has to be my own idea, but I also need to be bribed and coaxed to do it with my husband.

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2011, 4:09 pm

Are your legs broken?

I know that this must be some sort of figure of speech, but I have no idea what you mean.

zippy-tri
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Aug 2011, 4:17 pm

Standing up or lying down in the house works too.

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2011, 4:42 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Are your legs broken?

I know that this must be some sort of figure of speech, but I have no idea what you mean.

If you are serious:

What the person is saying is that your legs are not broken, you can walk and go places by yourself.

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2011, 11:10 am

I am just expressing my frustration and futility and the fact that the only way I've been able to make life work is by barring myself in my flat and not working. Work is really hard. Even now that I am working in an Asperger-friendly company designed to employ Aspies, being in a workplace is still hard.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:19 pm

Adamantus wrote:
the only way I've been able to make life work is by barring myself in my flat and not working.

Work by not working? That logic seems backwards to me.

Although I think I know what you mean now. If you have a career that you enjoy, you won't have to work a day in your life. At least, that's how it's supposed to be in theory; it will be quite some time before I figure out if it's true or not.

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2011, 1:25 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Adamantus wrote:
the only way I've been able to make life work is by barring myself in my flat and not working.

Work by not working? That logic seems backwards to me.

Although I think I know what you mean now. If you have a career that you enjoy, you won't have to work a day in your life. At least, that's how it's supposed to be in theory; it will be quite some time before I figure out if it's true or not.

Well there are two definitions of what the word "work" means there. 1= labor 2= Life success so it's not backwards at all.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:28 pm

Adamantus wrote:
Well there are two definitions of what the word "work" means there. 1= labor 2= Life success so it's not backwards at all.

Life success is almost always defined by work in the form of labor.

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Aug 2011, 1:30 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Adamantus wrote:

Life success is almost always defined by work in the form of labor.

At this point I will assume you are a troll.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:52 pm

How so?

Without work, life is meaningless. This is why people who sit on the computer playing Farmville all day are usually teased for "not having a life." Now, the actual type of labor itself isn't important, but labor, in one form or another, is a requirement. Life is work, but as I was saying above, work doesn't necessarily have to be work. Work can be enjoyable in some instances.

Find what makes you happy, and work towards that. But if not working is the only thing that brings you happiness (and, I assume, your meaning of success), then, I could be wrong, but I think you might just be lazy.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

I am okay if I'm going to enjoy the work I am about to do. If not I have anxieties creeping up and other unwanted unnecessary social aversions, shut downs and melt-downs. There were times when my brain was filled with white noise and my sister dragged me off shopping and I would follow her about like a robot.