Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 3:46 pm

It was a sad day, and one that will never be forgotten. My condolences to those who lost family members that day.

11 Sep 2006, 4:31 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
I cant find anything insulting.

What upsetted Rakkety_Tamm was watedogs telling him/her most of her/his first post in the thread was funny. That's what staretd the little war there.

glavin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2006, 5:01 pm

Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
I am extremly offend waterdogs. If you find September 11th funny in any way, you are a sick person. Do you have ANY idea how it feels to see people like Teddy Kenedy and John Kerry in the US Senate mock the memory of people like my uncle? If you find this funny, then you can just go to hell. This is a place where I should be able to express my grief WITHOUT being INSULTED by scum like you.

I don't find 9/11 funny at all, but admittedly I laughed a bit at your post (mentioning so many stereotypical liberal traits while praising George Bush at the same time is a bit of humorous concept at first, but I don't mean to offend you in the slightest).

Anyway, it is a sad day, but I'm trying not to think too much about it. The media has slam-banged so many memorials for 9/11 that it's getting annoying (yeah, I'm one of those people who's offended by United 93 and World Trade Center coming out too soon). Just go on with your lives, its the only way to truely defeat the terrorists.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 5:06 pm

im sorry but i really don't believe anyone who says they had a relative on one of the planes that went down and they post here. it's too easy to lie on the internet and im not buying any of it

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 10:29 pm

What angers me just as much as the events of five years ago is that people today are using this event for political gain, using the deaths of 2500 to drive a political wedge in between the heart of this country, when just for a brief period of time five years ago, there appeared to be a time where would be able to put our differences aside and unite for a common cause.

Instead what has been accomplished in five years, almost nothing. Iraq is a mess, Usama is still out there at large, and the 16 acres of ground that was once world trade centers 1 and 2 is still an empty hole in the ground.

And the people in washington continue to bicker about who's more right, while getting ourselves into a mess that will we may never be able to clean up from.

And our country has become as divided now as it has been at any point in our history.

And of all the discussion I've heard in the past five years, regardless of where it's been or what form of media it comes from, the thing I hear the least of all....

The fact that over 2500 people died needlessly that morning five years ago, and that's what this day should be about, remembering those who died, not using it for their own selfish personal gain.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 11:10 pm

Actually, waterdogs may have good reason to be suspicious. I would be greatly suspicious of anyone trying to use alledged personal tradegy to push their own brand of political fundamentalism, which Tamm is doing. Apparently, if we dare disagree or criticize her, we're supporting the terrorists or harrasing her. It's black or white, no middle ground. No room for debate, no room for dissent. Either you agree, or you're the enemy. That's fundalmentalism. It's easy answers for people who are too scared or too dim to think for themselves. It's destructive and it's irrational. And it's distrubing to see here and being passed off as patriotism.

Furthermore, exploiting the death of your uncle, if he was your uncle, and the grief and heartache of the nation for your own reactionary, irrational and ultimately un-democratic political agenda demostrates callousness and a lack of conscience. And THAT's offensive to any genuinely patriotic American. Go report me too, Tamm. I don't care. You should be reported yourself for being a a troll - or maybe just an annoying idiot.

Last edited by Cade on 11 Sep 2006, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2006, 11:13 pm

Rakkety_Tamm wrote:
you have officaly reported for harrasment.
If anything,you should be reported...he just expressed his opinion and you insulted him for it.

You are a Idiot,Good luck with that

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 12:36 am

What is it about politics that gets people so upset?

Sept. 11th was a tragedy; I think everyone here agrees about that. But that fact is completely separate from any opinions we may have about how it was handled, what caused it, and what we should be doing now.

Remember... we are Aspies here... half the time we don't even know that we've said something socially unacceptable or insulting. We really do have to make allowances.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

innocuous
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Sep 2006, 2:51 am

I have to ask something... Do the people in USA remember the murder of Anna Lindh, the swedish politician, on September 11th 2003 by Mijailo Mijailović? Just curious.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 3:18 am

I am offended by your avator...

I was talking to the goddess recently and she said not only is she not going to bless GWBush...she doesnt have much respect for Republicans in general.She said ,she doesnt generally like to get into "politics" but she has a real apprehension that should they get more power they might return to burning her worshipers....

keep you politics and religion out of my grief and we will all get along better.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 4:34 am

What's offensive about people's avatars? On this page there are four cats, and four faces, and one circle thingy that I can't identify. None of those are offensive. i don't get it.

Autism Memorial:

krex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 6:03 am

Please check out page one.

Cats are not offensive....I love cats :D

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

PatrickG
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Sep 2006, 7:00 am

I see a degree of insensitivity on both sides.

However... I do agree that "thoughtless" is probably not the best word choice. It implies carelessness or recklessness.

9/11 was not an accident. The terrorists wanted to harm innocent people. The people involved knew the consequences of their actions.

I have very strong and confusing emotions about September the 11th, especially as a pacifist.

I'm sorry for your loss, Tamm.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 7:28 am

waterdogs wrote:
im sorry but i really don't believe anyone who says they had a relative on one of the planes that went down and they post here. it's too easy to lie on the internet and im not buying any of it

It would be somewhat of a strange coincidence, however you need to remember that the 9-11 story is FULL of strange coincidences;

http://rigorousintuition.blogspot.com/2 ... o-911.html

Rakkety Tamm : Im truly sorry if your uncle was on that plane, but enough innocent people have already died in Afghanistan and elsewhere in this so called 'war on terror'. Which as far as i can see does NOTHING to increase the safety of ordinary citizens and serves only to line the pockets of the powerful & advance the US steadily towards a police state.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 7:54 am

11-9-2001 It is NOT surprising how dangerous an irrational non-logical NT be if you understand the science behind this kind of insanity. Poeple like Bush and Blair never understand scientifically why people do this kind of thing, so how can they scientifically come up with a good fix for this kind of problem. NT leaders , they fix ignorance with ignorance.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2006, 8:07 am

I think NT leaders can learn to think logically; it just doesn't come naturally for them. They're always thinking about their own status, in addition to their own emotional/irrational opinions, and what the public will think, and a lot of other things that don't really have much to do with making a good decision.

That goes for liberal, conservative, and just about anybody in the middle... A good leader is someone who can learn to overcome emotionalism and make the decisions that are just plain right. Beliefs differ; but that's what democracy is for: People from each side pull at the law until it ends up somewhere in the middle, where it satisfies nobody but brings the greatest amount of possible good.

Personally, I'm somewhere between conservative and moderate; I was as shocked as anyone at 9/11; but if you read back over my journal, within three days I was hoping that we wouldn't be persecuting Muslims, or going too far in our quest for safety (over personal freedom)... I thought, at first, that the war in Iraq was good, since they had evidence that the government there was manufacturing WMDs.

But then it turned out there wasn't much evidence at all; and I was worried they were going to pull out and leave the country in total chaos, which thankfully they haven't done... Maybe there will be some good out of this; in fifty years (i.e., a generation) Afghanistan and Iraq might begin to be actually democratic, if we handle it right... I'm not sure what "right" is, though, because I don't know enough about their culture to tell... And wishing for rationality in politics is like wishing to find diamonds in a pigsty...

Enough rambling.

Autism Memorial: