Do you have visitations from dead people?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 1:53 pm

My father, who I think is more autistic than me, had a dream once where he met his dead friend standing in front of a brick factory building. He said hi, that he hadn't seen him since he killed himself, how was he doing, did he work there? The friend said that yes, he worked there, he was doing fine, and they talked some more and my father woke up.

My father also had dreams of his dead parents in different places... his father was a kid again, the same age as he was when he was in World War II, and his mother was in her 20s again. They were separated... the only reason they hadn't divorced in life was because divorce was looked upon as shameful...

I had a dream once where I went into a cafe or restaurant sort of place, looking out on a lake or ocean or sea. It had little round tables draped in white tablecloths. There were bathrooms. A bunch of people came in and sat down at the tables. They were mostly men wearing suits. There may have been a few women besides my grandmother. A woman in her 20s, wearing a 1920's-style short white sparkly dress, with her hair piled on top of her head and a string of white pearls around her neck, came over to me and stood in front of me. We talked, she said something that suggested we had met before, I was confused and asked what was going on or who she was or something, she said "Don't you recognize me?" and then she aged, got wrinkles and that and I recognized her as my grandmother. She then turned back into the young woman. We talked, we sat down at a table and talked some more. I complained to her about all my problems. I had to cry periodically and went up to go to the bathroom... it was a nice clean bathroom. I looked in the mirror and saw that I looked upset, but I didn't want to go anywhere, I wanted to stay where I was. I always went back to her, we talked some more... then the place closed and they all had to go. They let me stay in there for a while. There was a switch that moved around this triangular enclosed-balcony-eating-area sort of thing. I played with it, alone in the darkened restaurant, turning the proch around... then I sort of slowly woke up; I don't know what happened between then and me waking up but something did... just this gentle "you have to go now" feeling...

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 2:23 pm

When my grandma was already very ill, before she was taken to hospital I told her that I'd like her to pay me a visit after her death. She promised me that if it'd be possible she'd do it. Even though I was waiting for her, I wasn't happy enough to see her ghost but shortly after her death I started having dreams (extremely real ones) about my grandma who told me that she was very happy in that place where she was being dead. She also told me in one of those dreams that somebody was going to die in my aunt's house.

Later it turned out that my uncle had a cancer (in that time nobody knew about this, even uncle himself) so nobody expected his death. Several months later he died and the day of his funeral was in the same time the first anniversary of grandma's death.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 3:50 pm

I get visitations all the time. My father passed away last year due to cancer and we never got along, and he came to visit me literally a couple months after he died and I was crying and he told me everything is better now, like we fixed our relationship and he forgave me and I forgave him. He still visits me on occasion! My brother who passed away due to a car accident 7 years ago visits me at least 3 times a year. There was one time I remember where I was dead asleep then woken up because it gets all of a sudden real cold, and I was laying on my side facing my wall, and all of a sudden my body felt paralyzed, I couldn't move it, and I felt somebody sit on my bed, and lean their cold body against mine, and I said I love you Jarrett(which is my brothers name), and I felt his kiss on my cheek, and then it was over, it was soo creepy but I ended up crying with all this emotion and felt so much better. Things like that happen a lot to me. I also got many visitations from other people its creepy. Everybody thinks I have a 6th sense or like I have portal in my room or something.

Ignition_Cognition
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2007, 4:07 pm

No, they don't visit me. The dead find me just as repulsive as the living do. I've never attended a funeral in my entire life, not my scene. :) Maybe they thought that was a bit rude of me and decided I wasn't worth their time. I hope so, because I don't like unexpected visits, shame they can't phone ahead. 8)

mojo123
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2007, 5:27 pm

I had to channel my roomates dead homeless friend, I was mad that he died in a tragic car accident with a bottle of vodka in his hand and they had to pull the plug. Before this happened, the homeless guy showed up on his doorstep and my roommate got him drunk and high and verbally abused him. This was when he was living elsewhere. I told him I didn't like him in my head and if mentally ill people show up on his doorstep, he should take them to the hospital or the Salvation army. He was so spooked he didn't talk to me for 3 days. I don't know what happened, if I was going off the memories and expanding or if it was real. I have been fasting and eating little due to a diabetic condition.

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2007, 6:07 pm

I never had visitations from any dead people before. I don't think, to my knowledge, that my other family members had visitations of this nature before. What we do experience is dreams about dead people. Usually when someone, especially my mom, dreams of a dead relative it means trouble or a death of someone close. I get really nervous these days when mom or even I or even some other family member dreams about a dead relative.

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

28 Aug 2007, 6:43 pm

A friend of mine had cystic fibrosis and died when she was 24.

In the first year after her death she would visit me in my dreams.

In my dreams she would knock on the front door and come in and we'd talk. She'd give me reassurance about whatever I was stressed about. She'd tell me that she was having a good time and was happy.

In the dream I told her that she is a ghost so she doesn't have to knock on the door, she can just come into my bedroom to get me. She told me even though she was a ghost, she still used good manners. In life she wouldn't have just walked into my house, so she wasn't going to do it as a ghost.

After a few visits she told me that I was OK now and she wouldn't visit me anymore.

Her visits were very reassuring.

Helen

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2007, 6:47 pm

I've seen ghosts...it scared the living s**t out of me

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:22 pm

After my cat Louie got run over, he would visit me in my dreams. He would appear across the room and then slowly approach me, and it would take a long time, because either he found it dificult to make his way over or it was known that once he reached me and I pet him, I would wake up and the visitation would be over. this happened several times.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:34 pm

When I get drunk I get visits from Ganksta Nip

TrueDave
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 3:41 pm

After I got the phonecall my dad had died I reached out with my feelings on the drive to his body. I got nothing. Years later when I owned my parents house and was sleeping in the room he died in I wondered if he might ever come back. I decided that he was too lazy. Since then my mother died too. They're just gone. I don't feel anything except a couple of holes.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2007, 5:14 pm

Yes.
Have done since I was a small child.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Aug 2007, 6:12 pm

Aspie_Chav wrote:
When I get drunk I get visits from Ganksta Nip
hahaha

but seriously i havent. ive been shot point blank before in dreams and it felt like i was actually taking a few 8O

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

29 Aug 2007, 11:18 pm

I haven't had a visitation from a dead relative, but have from my dead pets several times. I sometimes dream that I visit "animal heaven" and there are all of my pets from the past there, and some other animals that I've never seen before.
They are all running around playing together, there is no agressiveness between the different animals and everything is peaceful.
My pets from my past, walk up to me and tell me that there is no need for me to stay there with them, and that they are having a great time (they can talk for some strange reason :?). Then they tell me to go back, and I feel a falling sensation and then wake up.

...its a very creepy feeling.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 12:39 am

No, I am sane and I understand these things are Illusions.

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2007, 1:18 am

My dad died when I was 14 years old and only this I am now 21 years old I had a dream and in that dream I was in my flat/apartment I walked into the living room and found my Dad in there also my Grandad was in there who died when I was 7 years old.