Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

mv
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2011, 11:30 am

I was on it for a while, ultimately it stopped working for me (like all antidepressants do, I've tried more than 20). I was on the max dosage, too, at 60mg a day.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2012, 10:18 pm

Still no complaints. I just have to remember to keep taking it....I need to keep it right next to my Omegas so that I remember to take those too....Whatever side effects there are, I do not notice. I do notice that I do not cry or have meltdowns as often....and don't panic nearly as often....but I still yam what I yam...it is just slightly less of a struggle. It neither hampers nor enhances my creative tendencies...My obsessions remain in tact...Because of the drowsiness, it is harder for me to skip adderall doses...So I am more often prone to taking my prescribed dose than undermedicating, as I have in the past always been prone.... :( I am still overwhelmed and executively dysfunctional....It has had the most positive effect on my relationship...where I am not so horribly sensitive about the things that were really bugging me....It is easy for me to be very pleasant towards him when I am around him....but I worry about some of the "caring less" and "not being so hard on myself"......just cause I am not used to element not being so present,,,, :?
I am a little weirded out by the positive effect it has had on my relationship...Where prior to the prozac I was feeling very unhappy and really screwed up by it on a perpetual basis...a lot of that swampiness has evaporated...so I don't know whether or not the grounds for my grievances were all in my head...... :?

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2012, 4:40 am

I didn't do at all well on Citalopram which was the first medication prescribed to me for my depression/OCD. Although it lessened my severe mood swings to some degree, it gave me constant stomach problems. I am now on fluoxetine 40mg and I have NEVER felt so calm in my entire life. My anger problems have almost completely disappeared, I no longer feel like harming myself and because it's helped with my anger, it has also helped with my tics because my tics are often triggered by anger. The way we're working with the fluoxetine is that I will be on 40mg over the winter period (my depression worsens at this time of year) then I will try going back to 20mg for the rest of the year. Luckily I haven't had many, if any, side effects at all.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 10:36 pm

i ended up weening myself off of prozac after a while,,,it is kinda hard to exactly pinpoint the reason why...I can say that I was having bad issues with mood swings and stress, and when I told my doc...(actually the nurse practitioner) she doubled my dose..but I was still having trouble...

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2012, 10:44 pm

I have 20mg Fluoxetine. But I've been trying to wean myself off and find natural alternatives.

Pros:
1) Reduces obsessive thinking.
2) Reduces emotions that might trigger depression.
3) Helps you sleep.

Negs:
1) Lack of passion, motivation, serious reduction in libido!
2) Too tired to do anything usually which makes doing anything like going out more stressful.
3) I don't know about anyone else but this and Mirtazapine make me very hungry allll the time and I end up putting on weight really fast because it imbalances my system and also increases my appetite.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 12:18 pm

Yeah I gained weight on Prozac...I wish It had reduced the libido more. .I am having issues with needing more help with things..I take add meds but they are not helping with my executive dysfunction and my anxiety is becoming rather intolerable. .but at the same time I don't want to be on a lot of drugs.. I wish I could find alternative therapy, but it is not so easy to come by..am about to ask my doc for maybe a different antidepressant

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2012, 11:42 pm

At lower doses it has helped me somewhat with focus, energy and dealing with people. I had a psych who thought that if he upped it he could change my entire personality. Within a day my incredibly angry side came out (like when I had tried Zoloft). Just be careful with any SSRIs is what I recommend. Always be wary, on guard and don't blame yourself if you have a bad side effect.

Shad0wCrawler
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Oct 2012, 12:57 am

I'm on Lovan (Fluoxetine) 20mg/day ever since the beginning of the year when I had a Major Depressive Episode caused by Dysthymia and Gender Identity Disorder. I has helped with the depression and somewhat the anxiety.
It has unclouded by brain, a sit was working slower when I was depressed, so I am having more sensory issues since starting. But overall, other than that and some infrequent tiredness, it's been great!

lizzybeth
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2012, 7:33 pm

I am currently on 60 mg of prozac. I have been on this medication since i have been 6 years old. I am now 24. It is the only medication that has ever really worked for me. I've recently started seeing a psychiatrist, and he wants to switch me to pristiq. I guess it's a lot newer so he wants to give it a try. But in my opinion newer doesn't always mean better.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 10:46 pm

bumble, one doesn't see things that aren't there on psychedelics - it is simply a reflection of the internal state. If you fear it then yes, you'll likely panic, but it's not simply 'liking hallucinations'.