Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Uncertainty
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Oct 2012, 9:59 am

Tetris wow what a time killer. What has most certifiably put a dent in my addiction is the voice of a friend in my head from high school telling and asking me what are you doing with your life?

On that note despite the fact that i live a very productive life I go to college keep up on my schoolwork and I know this college experience is completely doable. When i came here it was no doubt a guarantee pass.

None of this material offered here challenges critical thinking or to really challenge my intellectual capacity to expand or take on a higher tier of education. This of course isn't meant to imply tat i get 100s all over the place because I don't.

It's incredibly frustrating though! All I'm being challenged to do here in college is intake some information memorize it for a little while and apply it to paper! God Damn liberal arts. I need something worthwhile to stimulate my brain but WHAT!

It's not like I have some sort of life long ambition to go about saving lives! I can't quite figure out my passion. I only know there is one thing right now that I would no have quarrels about doing as a career. An environmental officer

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

12 Oct 2012, 1:43 pm

Take more challenging classes? :?

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2012, 10:49 pm

Uncertainty wrote:
It's incredibly frustrating though! All I'm being challenged to do here in college is intake some information memorize it for a little while and apply it to paper! God Damn liberal arts. I need something worthwhile to stimulate my brain but WHAT!

It's not like I have some sort of life long ambition to go about saving lives! I can't quite figure out my passion. I only know there is one thing right now that I would no have quarrels about doing as a career. An environmental officer

I suggest you consider switching majors. General liberal arts degree isn't worth much more than having a degree to say you have a degree. I don't know what an environmental officer is but I imagine there are resources to guide your way in selecting the degree most appropriate to that particular job. Geology? Biology? Go for a bachelor's in a science field and I guarantee you will not be left wanting for lack of challenge in your course work.