Does alone time make you feel better if your sad?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Does alone time make you feel better?
Yes 65%  65%  [ 24 ]
No 35%  35%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 37

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

If Im sad or mad or some thing I go up stairs and have alone time and within an hour or two I feel better. Alone time fixes any thing for me. Does alone time make you feel better?

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2011, 7:23 pm

Laelynn, tonight I was devastated. But I called a friend and someone else who genuinely likes me as more than a friend. Between the two of them I was cheered up and have a full enjoyable weekend lined up. With the possibility of romance. What more could a girl ask for?

If I had stayed in my room and tried to get over it, it might have taken me months. Because, with me, sadness creeps in and stays there. I didn't give it time this time.

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Sep 2011, 8:20 pm

Not necessarily. Usually talking it out with someone makes me feel better faster.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:47 pm

I once locked myself in my bedroom and only came out to use the bathroom (I think I even started using a bucket) for over a year. It was the best year of my life.

nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2011, 9:53 pm

Whenever I'm sad or angry, I isolate myself for a while and then I'm ready to "talk it out".

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 9:59 pm

No, I need to talk to someone when I am depressed. I go crazy if I don't. I sometimes sleep it off and wake up feelin much better

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2011, 10:02 pm

Not really, i usually want to talk to some one when i am sad.

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

09 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

It varies, sometimes I want to talk to people and it's really effective, and other times, the outside world can go suck a big one and I enter my own land of wonder and joy =D But it's a fine line, too long alone and I start going insane

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 12:45 am

MagicMeerkat wrote:
I once locked myself in my bedroom and only came out to use the bathroom (I think I even started using a bucket) for over a year. It was the best year of my life.

Wow, what did you do?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Sep 2011, 12:55 am

I talk to people online, but I much prefer to be physically alone.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

10 Sep 2011, 2:00 am

I get some alone time when I need to calm down. Other than that I usually talk it out.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:26 am

I need my alone time on WP when I'm sad, because it makes me feel better. I also listen to a lot of different artists in order to prolong my alone time.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 2:31 am

Verdandi wrote:
I talk to people online, but I much prefer to be physically alone.

^^THIS^^

For me it is better to be physically alone as being around other people when I feel bad (in my case ... it's always frustration rather than sad/mad) makes me feel worse, more compressed. The physical space gives room for everything to expand.

While I am alone I might meditate, potter about or chat online to someone (rarely about how I'm feeling though) and that is often enough. If that doesn't work, I feel really bad I might write an overly long email which expresses everything and send it to someone I really trust. Just getting it out that way seems to help.

Gnonymouse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Sep 2011, 8:00 am

If it's depression related to not feeling normal or being overwhelmed by anxiety, I need to recover alone.

If it's something I can talk about, then it's better to talk about it.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 8:15 am

When I am sad I tend to isolate myself in a darkened room with music and a game or a textbook. It helps me.

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:

Wow. I am so jealous. I would have loved to spend a year in my room, as long as I had plenty of books.