Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 7:43 am

I get irritated by all sorts of things, especially being interrupted whilst I'm doing something. I have to really control myself not to snap at people (especially husband). Are you like this too?

Pheas
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Sep 2006, 8:51 am

Yup, I am fairly easily annoyed, although less so as I get older. Overstimulation, interruption, changes in plans all can really irritate me. But on the positive side, I almost never get truly angry. I could count on one hand all the times I've been angry in my adult life.

Pug
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2006, 9:59 am

Yes, when interrupted I can get really angry at the interruptor and some noises really irritate me. My father just thinks I get angered too fast :lol:

Dalebert
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2006, 10:38 am

Sometimes more than others. I've been really irritable lately. This guy came to install a new computer and I had a plate of fruit I'd collected from meeting leftovers. He leaned over my food to look at the back of the monitor and he kept going lower and lower until his face was practically touching my food. I'm thinking, how can he be that daft? I'm sure I was looking at him like he was the devil. As soon as he left I threw my food in the garbage and now I can't stand the sight of him.

I also get irritated when people I don't know try to chat with me like they know me. Also when people carry on oblivious to the people around them. For instance, when people decide to stop and chat in really high traffic areas like the bottom of some stairs or the exit, or when people walk really fast and turn corners and then act surprised when I'm there and they almost bump into me. I can hear them coming and I'm thinking, slow your ass down dumbass. Sometimes I wonder how most people get through life without common sense.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 11:02 am

Dalebert wrote:
I also get irritated when people I don't know try to chat with me like they know me. Also when people carry on oblivious to the people around them. For instance, when people decide to stop and chat in really high traffic areas like the bottom of some stairs or the exit, or when people walk really fast and turn corners and then act surprised when I'm there and they almost bump into me. I can hear them coming and I'm thinking, slow your ass down dumbass. Sometimes I wonder how most people get through life without common sense.

'Word' to all of the above. :roll: I get furiously irritated with people on almost a daily basis.

I'd like to nominate the top or bottom of escalators as another frequently-observed Stupid Meeting Place. It's even worse than at stairs - other people on the escalator don't even have the option of stopping.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 11:10 am

Hovis wrote:
Dalebert wrote:

'Word' to all of the above. :roll: I get furiously irritated with people on almost a daily basis.

I'd like to nominate the top or bottom of escalators as another frequently-observed Stupid Meeting Place. It's even worse than at stairs - other people on the escalator don't even have the option of stopping.

I am sooo with you both on all the above!

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 11:17 am

Guilty as sin. I'm especially irritable when strangers invade my personal space and touch my belongings. Fortunately, I grew out my nails. They're naturally sharp and I display them whenever people get too close to my food or books.

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 11:37 am

i dont like being interrupted when im doing anything..i dont liek noises either, any noises especially the phone...

Sweet_Angell
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2006, 11:51 am

Im verry irritable the last days...

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 12:03 pm

sometimes yes, sometimes no

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 12:24 pm

I have been known to hiss and claw if someone trys to take my book or shiny object away yes.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 12:37 pm

Yes,I am,in a way.I HATE it when I am interrupted or when people bump into me or when they scream in my ear.

-SpaceCase :)

krex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 12:48 pm

I have had a major problem with this lately.When I was younger,and living at home, my mom would constsntly(or so it felt)call me to her to tell me to do "something" or critisize something.She would ask me to do something(get her a glass of Coke)while she sat there and read her Romance novels.She would be upset if I didnt here her call(because I was doing something).Everytime,I would lose the focus of what I was doing and have to start over again.Eventually,I just spent as much time out in the woods,as I could,just to get away from the feeling of not owning myself...felt like a serf on call.

More irritating ,however,is my work environment.About 80% of my co-workers are either lazy,self-absorbed or out right stupid.It's the "little" things that really get me upset,because it's been 4 years of repeated behaviors.....No matter how nice I ask and explain why something needs to be done a certain way,nothing changes....it feels like torture to me,even if I know I am "over-reacting".Its the repitition and it accumulates ,so each time it feels more annoying.....

1)Staff will use the last of a supply(gloves,etc)and leave the empty box,so when I go to help a client to bed,they have to wait for me to go down stairs and get new supply.

2)staff,getting a client ready to shower,will leave the naked client,while they answer their cell phone
or stop to talk to me or watch the TV on the way to the shower room...or leave the client in the shower
to go make the bed...(I have reported this)They get mad at me when I ask them not to do this!!

3)The client garbage will either be over-flowing or they empty it but dont put in a new garbage bag.

4)They leave loose tuperware in bottom of dishwasher on unsecured where it gets warped or floats down to the heat eliment and melts and fills the house with toxic fumes(has happened twice)The smell frightens the clients because they think the house is on fire.

5)A client(they are DD)will be talking to me and the staff talkes over them(like they are invissible)to
tell me what they did that weekend or some other non-work related topic.

6)They will wheel a client to the breakfast table and just leave them there,while they go make the bed
and the client just sits there with nothing to do and no B-fast...I am ussually takeing care of another client but will ussually end up giving the client their meds and B-fast before the staff wonders back in to help the client(I think they take their time because they know I will do it for them.)

7)They never put supplies where they belong,just throw things in a cabnet without looking where it goes,so I spend half my time "hunting down" the scissors,thermometer ,mixing bowl,band-aids,etc.

8)We work with two diabetics and staff are supposed to write down what they are fed(we count carbs)
but when I reminded staff to do this(because I need to know they got enough carbs when I check their BG at 1am)they complain to manager...I got wriiten a nasty note from my manager that I was accussing,blaming,demeaning staff.(they continue to do this and I am not allowed to say anything.

9)we run out of supplies but nobody tells the manager...so I go into do my shift and we are out of a med,wet wipes,food,cleaning supplies,BG testing supplies,garbage bags,sandwhich bags,dish soaps.
This causes me so much stress because it's unpredictable...I never know,but it's always somethings.

10)I take care of 3 of 4 clients in the morning...the 4 client needs to be hand fed,given drink and needs staff to put his movies or music into a "player" for him...but the staff will just ignore him and sit on the couch chattering about their mundane lives, so I end up assisting him as well.I am constantly being amazed by the lack of "empathy" of these NT's.....

Thank you for letting me rant.....I hate my job.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 1:10 pm

Thanks for sharing Krex.. Ive sometimes considered getting into a field where I can help people but I think Ive always known what you describe.. that despite the lies and false emotional displays of my coworkers, Id end up being the only one who really cared about the clients and it would aggrivate me to no end.

The clients are lucky to have you so hang in there for them and try not to let your coworkers bother you too much, just feel sorry for them because they are living lives with no meaning and their selfishness with come back to haunt them one day.

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 1:27 pm

I can get very annoyed about things such as:

1. inequality of wealth and opportunity. Money makes money. In particular, I hate the way companies award pay rises on a percentage basis, so the gap between the rich and poor grows bigger every year.

2. unnecessarily complicated systems e.g. automated call centres, elaborate forms, bureaucracy

3. selfishness and ignorance, particularly regarding the environment

4. political hypocrisy

5. cruelty

6. jingoism, competitiveness and the "jock" mentality

7. bad design. For example, architects who join footpaths at 90 degree angles and then wonder why the inside corner turns into a muddy triangle... well, doh!

8. graffiti, litter and confusing road signs

9. adverts that lie (which is most of them).

Ironically, I am also irritated by intolerance.

Mostly, though, I get irritated with myself... for being nervous, and forgetting things, and getting distracted, and daydreaming, and thinking too much about everything, and having no willpower, and obsessing over trivial issues, and having few friends. There are other things, but this will suffice for now.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2006, 1:41 pm

Yes irritability is a forte of mine a quick list of things that annoy:

other peoples mannerisms, especially CHEWING
very smelly cosmetics
people who judge by appearance, status, wealth
unfriendly people
background noise when you're on the phone
superior attitudes (we're all the same)
dishonesty