Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2005, 12:17 pm

Peter Jennings did a special on UFO's last night (24th) on ABC..did anyone watch it?

dbzgirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2006, 4:20 pm

I'm interested in that stuff, mostly extraterrestrials and UFOs.

macaddict
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Dec 2006, 7:28 pm

are we the ONLY folks interested in this stuff? LOL...I love paranormal stuff.

If you don't believe you should check out Lisa Williams on Lifetime TV.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2006, 8:19 pm

"Paranormal" is just a smoke word for Pseudoscience. Therefore I oppose the spread of these lies and unscientific hypothesise.

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2006, 9:25 pm

Flagg wrote:
"Paranormal" is just a smoke word for Pseudoscience. Therefore I oppose the spread of these lies and unscientific hypothesise.

Did you know science was founded by the paranormal?

On the night of September 16th, 1619 Rene Descartes had a dream and in this dream an angel appeared to him, this is documented by his own hand, and the angel said to Descartes, “The conquest of nature is to be achieved through measure and number.” And that revelation lay the basis for modern science. Rene Descartes is the founder of the distinction between the res verins and the res extensia, the founder of modern science, the founder of the scientific method that created the philosophical engines that created the modern world. How many scientists, working at their workbenches, understand that an angel chartered modern science?

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2006, 11:03 pm

Deutha wrote:
Flagg wrote:

Did you know science was founded by the paranormal?

On the night of September 16th, 1619 Rene Descartes had a dream and in this dream an angel appeared to him, this is documented by his own hand, and the angel said to Descartes, “The conquest of nature is to be achieved through measure and number.” And that revelation lay the basis for modern science. Rene Descartes is the founder of the distinction between the res verins and the res extensia, the founder of modern science, the founder of the scientific method that created the philosophical engines that created the modern world. How many scientists, working at their workbenches, understand that an angel chartered modern science?

You mean a hallucination. No such thing as Angels since you cannot test for their existence. Just means modern science was started because of ingestion or the like. (Digestion problems can hallucinations)

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2006, 11:09 pm

Flagg wrote:
You mean a hallucination. No such thing as Angels since you cannot test for their existence. Just means modern science was started because of ingestion or the like. (Digestion problems can hallucinations)

explain why the ingestion problem caused the hallucination to specifically advise him on how to create a new way of doing things?

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2006, 11:23 pm

Deutha wrote:
Flagg wrote:

explain why the ingestion caused the hallucination to specifically advise him on how to create a new way of doing things?

It causes an imbalance in the Hypothalamus, this because you don't know is the center for control of unconscious body reactions that don't require constant tending. Things like Insulin and the Krebs cycle are it's realm. During indigestion it floods the stomach with Malic Acid (C4H6O5) the chemical speeds the collapse of complex starches making it ready for the Villi of the Large Intestine to digest. After this the Malic Acid breaks down and also enters the Intestines and produces Dissociative drugs when it reacts with chemicals in the Intestines. For unknowing mind this these chemicals strengthen barriers between the areas of the brain. Normally this merely leads to very mild disorientation but when asleep the hallucinations occur. This is all verifiable fact. Therefore the "Angel" was a figment of his imagination.

I've experiecned similar events where I was playing Chess with Nietzsche or maybe Starcraft with Anton LaVey. Reign in your mind from now on or I shall be harsher next time.

EDIT: Dealt with minor errors here and there. **** YOU DYSPRAXIA

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 12:02 am

60 years ago, it was accepted as fact that there was a literal barrier at the speed of sound and that it couldn't be surmounted.
100 years ago, it was accepted as fact that travelling at speeds over 100mph would be fatal.
I'm not even gonna get into all the naysayers who said manned spaceflight was a scientific impossibility.
A few centuries ago, professing the belief that not only was the earth round, but that it also orbited the sun was regarded as one of the gravest of heresies.
My point is that at one time or another, all those ideas were deemed
"unscientific" and "wild flights of fancy" that only fools would believe.
Now, they're a regular occurrence.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 1:27 am

diseased wrote:
60 years ago, it was accepted as fact that there was a literal barrier at the speed of sound and that it couldn't be surmounted.
100 years ago, it was accepted as fact that travelling at speeds over 100mph would be fatal.
I'm not even gonna get into all the naysayers who said manned spaceflight was a scientific impossibility.
A few centuries ago, professing the belief that not only was the earth round, but that it also orbited the sun was regarded as one of the gravest of heresies.
My point is that at one time or another, all those ideas were deemed
"unscientific" and "wild flights of fancy" that only fools would believe.
Now, they're a regular occurrence.

Lightspeed is actually possible but it would invovle playing with the laws of physics. (You have to somehow defeat the P*1,000,000,000=T Equation, P = Pound weight of load T=Thrust needed to move load. This means we must bend the rules somehow.)

platonicsolid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2006, 1:30 am

crop circles freak me out . . . some of those patterns are incredible.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 1:42 am

They are no different from snowflake patterns. They are caused by electrical disturbances in the atmosphere or bored drunks. (Depends on the circle)

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2006, 1:46 am

>>I've experiecned similar events where I was playing Chess with Nietzsche or maybe Starcraft with Anton LaVey. Reign in your mind from now on or I shall be harsher next time.

ooh bring it on....nevermind what socrates said about slander being the tool of the debating loser ;)

i want to actually have both those experiences you've had there....as i find both of them fascinating people...
(i've also had moments where i have thought starcraft is the best PC game equivalent to chess we have had yet)

anyways i think tho u missed my point....i was saying... that there is a leap from having a hallucination....to that hallucination saying something previously unknown to humanity.... either that profundity existed in his unconscious mind...which begs the question how did it get there? or it was external to his own being...

also...has either Nietzsche or Levay told you anything profound that will change the history of the world?

becos therein lies a subtle difference between his experience and yours if not

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 2:38 am

So what if he heard something from a figment in his head. Nietzsche argued about The Prince with me, which isn't that amazing considering I had already read the book. His subconscious could formed the thought and it merely drifted to the surface in the great maelstrom of the sleeping mind.

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

12 Dec 2006, 2:44 am

Flagg wrote:
So what if he heard something from a figment in his head. Nietzsche argued about The Prince with me, which isn't that amazing considering I had already read the book. His subconscious could formed the thought and it merely drifted to the surface in the great maelstrom of the sleeping mind.

hey with this nietzsche dream.....have you read alot of him so it was like you were creating him and he spoke in a way that would be congruent with ur conscious imagination of him or did he seem to say things that you were not expecting etc...

tis just that there is alot of conjecture atm about what is happening when we are dreaming...so yeah interested..

to catch a snippet of what im talking about regarding dreaming..watch this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT7E0vwlYYM

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2006, 2:57 am

Deutha wrote:
Flagg wrote:

hey with this nietzsche dream.....have you read alot of him so it was like you were creating him and he spoke in a way that would be congruent with ur conscious imagination of him or did he seem to say things that you were not expecting etc...

tis just that there is alot of conjecture atm about what is happening when we are dreaming...so yeah interested..

to catch a snippet of what im talking about regarding dreaming..watch this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT7E0vwlYYM

He actually behaved exactly the way I supposed he would. He was arrogant, cold and a bit insane but his genius shined through. I prove he's exclusively of my imagination because he only used Chess tactics I knew at the time.