Can't Get Professional Diagnosis Where I Live

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

confusedgeek
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2011, 8:21 am

It never occurred to me to that I might have AS, until I somehow read an article a while back and started digging because I never related to anything so much in my life.

All of the online diagnostics I took pointed to a severe "yes", and I can't get a professional diagnosis done because that's not available where I live.

If I do have AS, it isn't a problem because I have no issues with life at all (no depression/anxiety), I have a great job that I do really well at, and I have fantastic friends and family who deal really well with me (I always insist on EVERYTHING being explicitly said, because I can't read people).

I know I've never been a normal person (I was the most awkward kid), but my mother was always fantastic at helping me with how to act normal, from a very young age. I channel my OCD behaviors and obsessions into my career as a technologist/designer/writer. I can be really aloof, but my circle of good friends deals with that really well.

No issues, like I said, but I can't help but feel really lost with nothing but a half-way self-diagnosis. What can I do?

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2011, 8:27 am

You could fall in love and realise that the really profound truths can't be told to you.

confusedgeek
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2011, 8:29 am

But I don't understand profoundity.

Everything is black and white.

It's yes or no.

I don't like feeling lost.