Autism Medical Bracelet. Do you have one?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Fuzzyair
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2018, 12:44 pm

I've been wearing an Autism medical bracelet for a few months that will alert others of my Autism if I have a panic attack or any other problems when I'm out. I had a massive panic attack earlier this year and was found by a woman and her daughter, medical staff were called which was unfortunate as I recovered a couple of minutes before they got to me. I decided to get the Autism medical bracelet for any future issues I may have. Panic attacks are very common for me so it made sense to get the bracelet. At first I was a little bit shy about wearing it because strangers will see it as well but I have now grown accustomed to it and don't try and hide it anymore :) .

I'm just curious to know if anybody else has an Autism medical bracelet? :)

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 12:59 pm

I just received my updated goCIT.org CARE Cards (I get two in case I lose one).

Besides, I changed the top-of-the-card description to "I am Autistic" in keeping with identity-first styles.

I haven't used it yet, but have plans to share it with autism clinicians at a training exchange in December in hopes that they share the cards with their clients.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 2:00 pm

I have a card in my service dog's bag.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 4:56 pm

I have a card. They tried a bracelet and a necklace on me, but I kept tearing them off without really realizing it because they irritated me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Sep 2018, 6:38 pm

Where I come from even the so-called experts think of autism as a less sever form of mental retardation so I feel having anything that mentions autism would get me sent straight to a mental facility or hospital or cause others to be extremly confused as to why I seem so functional. I also don't have too many problems when I'm out. Being on the rite psych meds help my anxiety & anger & other issues.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 9:40 am

I live in the UK too. Where would I get one from?

superaliengirl
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2018, 9:48 am

No I didn't know they existed. I don't have panic attacks though so probably wouldn't need one, at worst I get really anxious around people and have to go away for a while to breathe.

Fuzzyair
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2018, 10:03 am

Prometheus18 wrote:
I live in the UK too. Where would I get one from?

I got mine from eBay buddy :D . Mine is chrome with a medical symbol on it and also says "Autism" :) If you can't find one I'll try and send you a link if you like?