Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 2:43 pm

You just have to read this. Apparently, the NT wife of an autistic physics prof got a little ticked off...

She's gonna have to apologize to Hubby later on, but it's still a win.

http://notalwaysromantic.com/gettin-schooled-101/18508

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

I didn't get it.

Wayne
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2011, 2:46 pm

Callista wrote:
You just have to read this. Apparently, the NT wife of an autistic physics prof got a little ticked off...

She's gonna have to apologize to Hubby later on, but it's still a win.

http://notalwaysromantic.com/gettin-schooled-101/18508

Why would she have to apologize? I'd have loved that!

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

Well, smooching one's husband in front of the entire physics class is a bit of a PDA. :D

League_Girl wrote:
I didn't get it.
Basically, one of her husband's students came up to her and tried to imply that she was with an inferior man because her husband is different. She came up with a very neat comeback--telling him that her husband is getting sex and the rude student isn't.

The interesting thing about the social dynamics here is that the source of the "You're not getting any sex tonight" comeback is what makes it so effective. Since it was the wife who made the comment, she was essentially saying, "I find my husband more attractive than you," implying that the rude student is an inferior individual and not as sexually attractive as the awkward but presumably nice husband.

Because it's a woman making the comment, the insult stings more: She can imply that she's speaking for all women, and that the rude student is categorically less attractive. A man using that comeback would simply be bragging about his own virility. The rest of the class likely applauded because they also thought the rude student was out of line, and probably because they knew their professor was socially awkward but kind and did not deserve to be insulted in front of his students--so her comeback gave them a sense of justice.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 3:07 pm

I love it!

:thumleft: :heart:

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 3:32 pm

He will have to give her a good spanking later.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 3:38 pm

Wait, this actually happened? What kind of moron tries to flirt with his professor's wife?

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 3:49 pm

Epic. Nice to know there are NT SO's like that out there.

:D

to his Interest."

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

06 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

That was well-played.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

It is well played but there's one thing. What if the student has a girlfriend who he sees every night and thus he is getting laid, also? I assume the student is a man since most the time women do not talk that way to other women.

Australien
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2011, 5:21 pm

I understand what she's trying to do, but what if the student has social difficulties himself? Why is this "ha ha, he's getting laid and you aren't!" insult acceptable, when, for example, if the student was paraplegic, "ha ha, he can walk and you can't!" probably would not? Consistency, please! :evil:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 5:53 pm

Australien wrote:
I understand what she's trying to do, but what if the student has social difficulties himself? Why is this "ha ha, he's getting laid and you aren't!" insult acceptable, when, for example, if the student was paraplegic, "ha ha, he can walk and you can't!" probably would not? Consistency, please! :evil:

Yeah posts like that in the link make me more paranoid talking to people because if anything is considered rude, then what do I say that isn't considered rude and I am too afraid to say something because it might be interpreted at rude. That explains to me why people would say weird things to me and I was too clueless to get it. Maybe they were all insults or comebacks and I just didn't pick up on it. I just thought they were adding to the conversation.

Now every time someone will say something weird to me, I will now assume I was misinterpreted and that person thought I was being rude. I sure learned something from online.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 5:58 pm

Australien wrote:

He waived the right to be treated gently when he implied that an autistic man was ill-matched with an attractive wife.

It was a socially savvy exchange between both parties (excellently diagramed by Callista). But on the outside chance that he had social difficulties unrelated to being socially savvy...he still had it coming because he insulted her husband.

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 6:21 pm

IMO....the wife does NOT need to appoligize to her husband, student needs to appoligize to his teacher ! !!

asssuming that a "hot" NT woman shouldn't be with a "different" or "wierd" man is just plain wrong.......

embarrassed husband ??,.....I wouldn't be ! ! I'd be proud to have a woman like that

I think the student just learned a valuable life lesson

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 6:27 pm

I hope that guy got the blowjob of his life that night. I bet he did. ;)

And, yes, the student was an as*hole. But we've all been that at one time or another. Anyone who says not is a liar.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

Score one for the Ausitic :D

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition