Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 1:29 am

I decided to buy noise reduction headphones. Has anyone tried them before? Do they work? I just don't want to be so sensitive to sound anymore.

I will let you know if mine work when they are shipped to me.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 3:02 am

i have two pairs.

mine block out noise but not voices, and noise isn't blocked out completely. if i'm in a room with a loud tv the loud tv seems less loud, but any voice being loud is still loud and one of my biggest issues is hearing lots of talking.

i can only recommend them if you have issues with earplugs... wait, are we talking about the ones that are not for audio output, right?

KemoreJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2011, 2:37 pm

I use ear plugs. I have read there can be a danger to using them too much. Apparently the ear and brain eventually compensate by trying harder to hear what's going on and thus becomes more sensitive lol :D

I can say from experience that this is definitely the case. The website advised to not use them all the time, which is the temptation given the wonderful blissful feelings associated with not being stressed all the time. It advises to try to "strengthen" ones tolerance by just occasionally not using them.

Not sure if ear phones are the same.

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Oct 2011, 3:21 pm

KemoreJ wrote:
I use ear plugs. I have read there can be a danger to using them too much. Apparently the ear and brain eventually compensate by trying harder to hear what's going on and thus becomes more sensitive lol :D

I can say from experience that this is definitely the case. The website advised to not use them all the time, which is the temptation given the wonderful blissful feelings associated with not being stressed all the time. It advises to try to "strengthen" ones tolerance by just occasionally not using them.

Not sure if ear phones are the same.

That is true, i have noticed that after a long time(5hours+) of listening to music, i feel a bit deaf, but the sound comes back after a while though