"atypical shutdown" or what else could it be?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Buggins
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2013, 9:37 am

I'm not quite familiar with all the symptoms, so I'm not sure if that condidtion would fit the definition of shutting down.
Anyway, one problem I noticed since I'm in college is a weird reaction when I'm in an auditorium.

Without being stressed (or bored), every once in a while I turn from "interested" to "zombie mode"; all the sudden feeling like I've been sleep deprived for days. Losing focus and almost falling asleep, and it usually takes quite a while to recover. I'm not on any meds, so I'd assume it's some sensory issue, but I'm not quite sure.
Do any of you have similar symptoms?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 11:41 am

I have experienced that, it's even happened to me while driving. Other times have been when I was struggling to understand something difficult in school. I read that in inattentive add, the brain at rest shows a normal scan but when given a difficult problem the brain will go into sleep mode. I'm guessing it could be from either overstimulation or understimulation.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 11:45 am

I have experienced that, it's even happened to me while driving. Other times have been when I was struggling to understand something difficult in school. I read that in inattentive add, the brain at rest shows a normal scan but when given a difficult problem the brain will go into sleep mode. I'm guessing it could be from either overstimulation or understimulation.

Buggins
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2013, 12:09 pm

Aimless wrote:

Interesting. I didn't consider understimulation a possible cause, but it seems plausible. Driving'd a bit of a problem for me as well, as I'm very prone to road rage.