Neanderthal? Is it really that "simple"?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Ria1989
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Oct 2011, 9:22 am

http://www.rdos.net/eng/asperger.htm

Read the above article if you're interested in finding out more. Do any of you exhibit the typical Neanderthal traits? My traits are highly characteristic of a neanderthal: sensitivity to light and sound, other physical differences, forced/mechanical communication in a nt world, understanding animals better than humans at times, etc.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 10:04 am

You know. Maybe someday, when I finally meet a Neanderthal face-to-face, I'll be able to get to know one, and maybe more of them.

Until that happens, I don't know of any truly reliable way to compare myself to one.

If you couldn't tell from the above, I have no use for that web sight.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

mushroo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Oct 2011, 10:07 am

It's a pretty big stretch to imagine how neanderthals may have thought, felt, or communicated based on a few artifacts and bones.

But thanks for the article, it was an entertaining read and aspies can feel proud of their mammoth-hunter heritage! :)

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 10:58 am

Ever read Clan of the Cave Bear? I liked that book.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2011, 11:17 am

I call BS on that theory

KemoreJ
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2011, 8:31 pm

This is where my thoughts are heading. Yes.

Given my physiological flight or fight reaction to so many modern materials - synthetic fibres, chemicals, pollution, anything which moves faster than a Homo Sapien can propel it, processed foods, polluted water. The list is endless isn't it? Why do we accept things as they are and accept that disease is the result of something other than that which is no longer natural?

I have been attracting animals all year. I'm noticing the undomesticated ones respond if you don't look them in the face. Even if you are approaching, slowly. I reckon there is something about us which instinctively feels eye-eye contact is a sign of aggression, hence the adrenal response.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 7:08 am

i read this theory before, and i found it interesting to say the least.
the traits list mentioned fits me almost like a glove, a lot better then most other autism/AS descriptions, and most explenations are plausible in my mind...