Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

claudia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2011, 9:48 am

One year ago I joined WP. I'm so glad I spent a part of my time with you. I didn't know anything about autism and my son was just diagnosed. I was depressed, in one of my first posts I wrote that autism seemed to me a death sentence.
I managed to do a good job with him because I met you and I discovered and loved a different and interesting part of mankind.
So thank you because you welcomed me

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Oct 2011, 12:22 pm

Hi Claudia. I'm not sure our paths crossed much here on the WrongPlanet, but I do remember someone awhile back using the term "death sentence." That may have been you that I saw. But anyway, I am happy that the WrongPlanet has been able to provide you with a useful and meaningful outlook on autism. Please continue to stay with us as we all grow in our understanding of autism. Thank you for the nice post.

claudia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2011, 12:36 pm

glider18 wrote:
Hi Claudia. I'm not sure our paths crossed much here on the WrongPlanet, but I do remember someone awhile back using the term "death sentence." That may have been you that I saw. But anyway, I am happy that the WrongPlanet has been able to provide you with a useful and meaningful outlook on autism. Please continue to stay with us as we all grow in our understanding of autism. Thank you for the nice post.

Yes I remeber of you. I should say thanks to a long list of people an I could forget someone...

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Oct 2011, 2:06 pm

I hope you've come on a long way with your condition.
Do you mind if I make a similar post? it's been a year since I found out about Autism.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 3:38 pm

***tears*** hugs***

Its good to share the love, it comes back to you

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2011, 9:47 pm

I'm glad that you were able to learn from us and I'm glad that you joined. :)

claudia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2011, 3:08 am

Thank you :)

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

22 Oct 2011, 3:22 am

I'm so glad you found so much help from the forums. Thank you for coming here and sharing your stories and insights!

claudia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2011, 4:14 am

swbluto wrote:
I'm so glad you found so much help from the forums. Thank you for coming here and sharing your stories and insights!

What happened to your avatar? Blooded teeth?

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

22 Oct 2011, 4:30 am

claudia wrote:
swbluto wrote:

What happened to your avatar? Blooded teeth?

It's Halloween time and someone around here some time ago suggested that the bunny should have fangs to let people know what they're in for when reading a few of my posts, so I thought it'd be fitting. :lol:

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 12:10 pm

And then, Bluto, while I didn't suggest that, I just remarked yesterday that a fuzzy bunny didn't seem much like you, over on your "walking centipede" thread.

And Claudia, Happy Anniversary! May I suggest that you found yourself at home because you're an undiagnosed Aspie, or have a lot of the traits without quite enough? It often runs in families. How is your son doing? I've been a member more than a year, but wasn't hanging out here much in chunks of the time, so must have missed your first worried posts and threads.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm

Sibyl wrote:
And then, Bluto, while I didn't suggest that, I just remarked yesterday that a fuzzy bunny didn't seem much like you, over on your "walking centipede" thread.

I know and I'm not resentful towards your statement, I just thought it'd be an interesting change. :D

claudia
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2011, 3:26 pm

Sibyl wrote:

And Claudia, Happy Anniversary! May I suggest that you found yourself at home because you're an undiagnosed Aspie, or have a lot of the traits without quite enough? It often runs in families. How is your son doing? I've been a member more than a year, but wasn't hanging out here much in chunks of the time, so must have missed your first worried posts and threads.

I could be a very mild Aspie. I experienced social anxiety as a teen and I found my peers boring when I was in high school. I also have my special interests. If I was an Aspie then it would be an ability rather than a disability because being who I am favored me, instead it causes problems to diagnosed Aspies. It could be the right side of the medal, who knows... however, it's true, I feel at home with you. My son is doing well and I have to thank you for this. I managed to understand a lot about autism on WP, for example about auditory processing. I'm sure my son has it and when I understood what it was I opened many doors to be successful in his therapy. His receptive language skills increased dramatically and he's no more echoic. He's beginning to answer questions even if his pronuciation is poor. We are working a lot togheter and he is motivated, he understands I'm helping him to comunicate.