Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 6:16 am

It depends on the context with children. If I was so work at a primary school or preschool, I will be able to tune into it more easier. Or if I had a friend who had small children who I could get used to, I would be able to cope (especially if they are good, not hyperactive or loud). But in general, I'm not really tolerant of kids. Yesterday there were some kids chasing eachother right outside my gate, and their voices were so distracting, and I felt like banging on the window and telling them to f**k off, but I didn't. And once somebody sat next to me on a crowded bus and she had a baby on her lap, and I really did not want them sitting right there next to me. I just felt agitated (I'm an unrelaxed person anyway).

Teenagers are more ego-wrecking. They agitate me in a different way to little kids. If I see a crowd of teenagers coming towards me in the street, I get into a hell of a state inside, because 9 out of 10 times they make noises or shout out something stupid to me when I go past, which upsets me because I am emotionally weak, so things like that distress me more easily than most people. Plus they are very quick to judge, especially girls. If they know you look unconfident and stupid like me, they will purposefully walk right into you and even tread on your toe if they can (doesn't matter if you've got a bunion or something). Yet if I did that to them they'll probably yell out like crybabies - or start bullying you or something. Lately I haven't had teenage girls staring at me - mostly I've had women in their 50s and 60s staring at me, but I still feel on edge when there are obnoxious teenagers near me.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 6:32 am

Kids are just damn kids. They ARE annoying, and always will be. Hence why I go out of my way to avoid them the best I can.
As for teenagers, its different. It depends on the type. If we're dealing with aspie teenagers/accepting, counter cultural type teenagers, then I have no problem and usually make friends with them really quickly. If we're dealing with chavvy NT type teenagers, or "normal" teenagers, then they scare the living hell out of me and I feel nervous walking past them in the street.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 6:39 am

I don't mind kids as they are more tolerant of individual differences than teenagers. It's the teenagers who make me feel uneasy. I can't stand them and their ignorant noises towards me and how they like to talk at the tops of their lungs. I also don't like being woo hooed by teens who think that I'm some loser, so they try to be sarcastic. I've nearly killed myself when I was in high school because of those teenagers.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 7:09 am

I hated kids even when I was a kid. I couldn't wait to turn eighteen. I'm twenty-four now and I would NEVER want to go back to being a child. I hate children. There are a few that are nice and sweet, like the little neighbor girl who is always asking to see my pet lizard and when I bring her over for her to see she's always saying, "I just love bearded dragons!" as she strokes her. Her older sister or another girl at her house said she used to have a bearded dragon and she would agitate it on purpose to see it "beard". I knew a boy who would poke his rabbit with a stick so it would growl at him. Kids at school knew how much I liked animals and would tell me stuff about lighting kittens on fire to get a reaction out of me. I hate it when people assume kids are oh so innocent just because they are kids.

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

27 Oct 2011, 7:26 am

I can't stand screaming kids, or kids who are asking lots of questions. I may like to play for short times with little kids, they're cute. But anything above 3yo would most likely irritate me. I've never wanted children, of course. Same for teens: they're loud, trying to impress one another in the most stupid ways. Oh and yeah, their bad attitudes towards people they judge as uncool. The funny part for me is that I find them lame most of the time. They think they cool, but they're just total lamers. Irritating creatures.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 7:56 am

Teenagers just don't realise how stupid they look when they're screaming and yelling all the time. On Youtube I saw a video of 2 teenage girls sitting in a shopping trolley and some boys pushing them, all screaming and yelling and intimidating other people around. In about 5 or 6 years time, those teenagers would look back on their stupid video and would realise how ridiculous they looked.

Teenagers irritate me when they try to act hard all the time, especially boys who think they're turning girls on by doing it, when really they look like complete twats. I like people who aren't trying to be tough, they are just naturally tough. That's a turn on. Trying to make an effort with oneself when they're emotionally weak is also OK. But the way teenagers do it really irritates the hell out of me.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 8:07 am

I don't like people in general (except online contacts) and kids/teenagers in particular since they are no real humans yet. The brains of people younger than 25 is not properly wired. Also there's being made way too much fussing around childhood and growing up.

This shrill screaming would be a good reason to beat them up.

I wonder why people don't raise their brats in certain institutions similar to chicken farms and cattle stations to keep them off of society until they have overcome their propensity to noisiness and other disturbances.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 8:20 am

Deleted.

Last edited by smudge on 28 Oct 2011, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 8:26 am

I don't mind kids 7 and under. 8 and up to 19ish+... pass. Though I must admit teens of the past few years are far more tolerable then those of just before them. They have more respect, are much kinder and more thoughtful. I think it's because people of my generation are raising them. My generation was horrible! Kids like to be the opposite of their parents, right? My theory anyway. :D

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 8:36 am

Yes teenagers and children agitate me. I find children easier because I'm bigger than they are, and they have fewer social rights, and they have owners who you can complain to. And they're kind of cute, most of them anyway, so dammit, I try to be tolerant. :x

Teenagers are more of a problem. They're not so cute, and they have all the sudden rudeness of children but at a higher wattage. They don't even have to go to bed early, and they can just get on the bus without adult supervision. But they can sometimes be reasoned with...people often don't give them a chance. The bad ones are real stinkers, but they're usually no worse than the chavs who raise them.

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

27 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

Modern teenagers (even though I still am one) annoy the everlasting f*** out of me. They still do, I can't tell you how many times I wanted to take a knife to a fellow high school classmate's face. Children annoy me as well (not knife worthy though), but that is because I am not very good with children, it's hard for me to relate to them.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 11:14 am

Children agitate me very badly. I have never wanted children and I never will.

I tend to get along with teenagers - such as my brother and his friends - very well. It's because I function at the same level as they do. One time my mom told me that if I had been functioning at the level I am now when I had been a teenager, I wouldn't have had problems making friends in junior high/high school.

LjosalfrBlot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Oct 2011, 11:24 am

It seems other people's kids are obnoxious, but my own are wonderful and can never annoy me.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 12:07 pm

Yes. I agitate me.

But seriously, kids and teenagers agitate me. Some days when I finished college at the same time as the school across the road, groups of kids would walk by and poke me, rub their hands on me and whatnot :x.

The NT Chav teenagers are worse than any kids. There's not so many near my house, but occasionally some will come over from the rough, horrible side of town. I'm not a gang member, but seriously wtf are they doing on my turf? :?

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 3:27 pm

I find children more natural to be around to be around than most adults.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 5:33 pm

I hate being around kids. I hate being around teenagers even more. And I REALLY hate being around kids, so teenagers? The worst!