Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

number2
Toucan
Toucan

30 Oct 2011, 1:21 pm

I've done shrooms a couple of times and found that I really got no effect, My frist experince on shrooms was riding bikes with two of my buddies and they gave me like three mushrooms and i ate them and felt notthing while my buddies were laughing there asses off and riding like maniacs and I remember of my buddies even throwing up in his garage when he got home.
I want to actually feel the high next time I do shrooms.
I really do not believe that these drugs change your life because you come down from the high and realize you were just high on mushrooms.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 1:31 pm

here we have Jesus and the plants that make up 'soma' the ancient religious brew for enlightenment, seeing and healing

Rasta
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Oct 2011, 2:15 pm

Fragmented,
I like your posts, especially this part...

Fragmented wrote:
Being unable to end an altered state is like.... It's like if you took the cure for autism, and then realized, oh crap, I don't want to be normal after all, it sucks.

On LSD people were all treating me like I was really powerful and I didn't like the attention so to reduce my awareness I tried breathing as little as I could, all day. That's probably why I have such a massive headache because I was hardly breathing for the whole trip.

I also found that ultra-violet lights drained my energy as well, not as intense as the computer monitor did but then again, I was trying to avoid them. There were big expensive buildings decorated with them.

Hermier wrote:
Well, I haven't tripped in a long long time. Back in the olden times I used to do it a lot. I'm sure I've tripped more than, say, 99.999% of the world. Often I would do it alone, which tends to bring the intensity up a notch.

For me, all those solo trips (and often, the accompanied trips too) were a conscious attempt at self-improvement. Can't say for sure if it's been an improvement or not (wasn't able to splinter myself into pieces to add a control group for that experiment) but LSD definitely played a big part in shaping my life as it is today. Mushrooms too, but not as pleasantly. I think it's because they grow in ~ you know ~ cow pies. :P I found out some things about myself while under the influence of mushrooms... I'm glad now that I know myself that way, but it was really stressful at the time, to have all my dirt dug up and shown to me, uncovered, no excuses, just reality.

Stressful, but freeing.

Personally I always preferred LSD ~ a shortcut to a higher plane of existence ~ but. BUT! BUT! (shakin' the big "but" here) ~ at the time, I had access to the cleanest, purest, freshest LSD imaginable. I knew where it came from, who made it, and when they made it. (The right place ~ the right person ~ and very recently ~ or flush it.)

Times have changed, and from what I have seen recently, it doesn't seem as if people give a hoot about their acid's pedigree...

One trip can be life altering beyond description, so it seems to me a good idea to know for sure what you're ingesting.

Oh yeah ~ it took me a long time and many many trips to figure this one out ~ LSD can be a bit of a prankster ~ such that literal interpretation of acid fueled revelations may not always be appropriate.

Nowadays, since I don't have that source anymore, I'd probably say go for the mushrooms ~ keep a friend or two at hand, or accessible ~ spend time outdoors ~ and don't expect to be the same person coming out the other side.

Of course, I'm not advising anyone to use illegal drugs. Especially considering all the neurodiversity on this board. As a parent, I'm against it... so if you were my kid, I would say you should wait a long time. (As a matter of fact, that is the advice I give my kids....) But then again, they are already pretty enlightened, by virtue of being my offspring. :heart: They don't need any chemical revisions.

Good post.

I agree mushrooms can be kind-of scary to see the reality of your actions (but then again your f****d up so... who cares that much). Last time I did mushrooms I did 7grams and the feeling I got from that after the trip was priceless... I don't think that feeling would ever leave but you would have to stop taking other drugs after you received that intense therapeutic benefits.

After I use MDMA it puts me in a permanent state of over-fearlessness... & only way to cure those emotions is by taking mushrooms again.
_______

Also the LSD has made me feel like I have a bit more of an Ego, because I laugh at myself. But I'm really burnt out, and mushrooms would not make me feel this way.

And I tried to sleep to make the memory end at where it was most intense because it was a crazy night, very scary & I don't think I should spread such negative thinking.

Last edited by Rasta on 30 Oct 2011, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

Rasta, reading your posts I really think you should stop taking all drugs for a while

honestly, you read like a possible train wreck about to happen

much off your logic is very flawed at this stage

Rasta

30 Oct 2011, 3:02 pm

Well I think there could be agents trying to inflate people's Ego's... & radio-active polution... but I am leaving this place soon.

Also what I mean by the "Reality of your Actions"... could be like choosing Reality rather than illusion & get a better understanding of how you are affecting other people.

Hyram_Inesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

LSD sounds great. I don't even smoke weed though, or drink. So I'm gonna assume LSD is a big leap. I wouldn't even know where to get it lol....

number2
Toucan
Toucan

30 Oct 2011, 4:20 pm

Hyram_Inesh wrote:
LSD sounds great. I don't even smoke weed though, or drink. So I'm gonna assume LSD is a big leap. I wouldn't even know where to get it lol....

That stuff is hard to get if you get it you have to take 2 hits anything less then that you won't get high if it's your frist time. I've never done it before this is just what I have herd from people that actually done it.

holocryptic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Oct 2011, 4:39 pm

LSD is much less pure than it was in the 60s, if it is even LSD at all. It's inadvisable to obtain it through an unknown source. You can support groups like MAPS so that some day it will be possible to use it under the guidance of a professional.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 12:40 am

holocryptic wrote:
LSD is much less pure than it was in the 60s, if it is even LSD at all. It's inadvisable to obtain it through an unknown source. You can support groups like MAPS so that some day it will be possible to use it under the guidance of a professional.

If MAPS does an ASD study I'd love to be a part of it. I also have PTSD and I heard they were doing some cool stuff with that.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 9:21 am

Rasta wrote:
One thing I learned from LSD is that it proves to me that Autism & Mercury have a connection. I realized ages ago that LCD monitors contain mercury, so I always unplug mine while I meditate or listen to music. I'm so used to having it off, that I realized if I'm watching the screen before bed it will cause insomnia just from looking at it.

the screen emits light - this alone can mess up your sleep cycle (melatonin etc) especially blue light; remember most LCD monitors contain a flourescent tube.

Its also kicking out electro-magnetic pollution. If your in a sufficiently attentive state you might become consciously notice this and grow uncomfortable. There is mercury inside (if only in the tube? idk) but imo the EMF is far more likely to bother you - i assume the mercury stays in the set rather than leaking out whenever its turned on, whereas the EMF is definately radiating through you and quite obviously to some people without psychedelics. A really simple scientific way to verify this is just to walk around with a radio - i find within a foot of a 20w CFL interference noise drowns out any music etc and with the PC its closer to 3 feet.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 9:27 am

LSD taught me how to be around hot women

I just keep forgetting is all :oops:

Beer taught me quite a bit too

psych
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 9:46 am

Fragmented wrote:
They can cause people to have short episodes of psychosis in rare occasions, but they don't last for longer than, from what I've read, more than a few weeks, and that's the ABSOLUTE worst case.

Some people have long, long term effects - eg. visual disturbances like static and trails that persist for decades. Its even been given a psychiatric name - HPPD hallucinogen persisting perceptual disorder or somethign similar.

This is very rare, but much less likely with traditional natural drugs like mushrooms. I think its mostly acid thats caused the most cases, but some of the newer stuff (2C-B etc) might be the same (a lot of psychedelics are based on amphetamine so its not really surprising!). LSD-25 has analogs, maybe contaminants and related compounds that are also active in the microgram range. From what little research i did years ago modern 'acid' is NOT (necessarily) LSD-25. Its notoriously difficult to make, and people can turn out something that 'works' but its 'dirty', iyswim. The trouble is none of us in the last few generations would ever have had the original stuff for comparison - we assume acid is acid.

I have a vague theory that the people with HPPD turned off particular perceptual filter(s) and their brain forgot to turn them back on again. The static and trails were always there - they just didnt notice them before. Now they know they exist, they keep seeing them, then they expect to keep seeing them so neural pathways are formed which make the 'symptoms' persist nad keep coming back whenever they walk into bright sunlight etc. So my humble, naive and highly offensive suggestion is maybe it is possible to heal through a therapwutic approach? maybe not the psychedelic therapy though.

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2011, 11:16 am

I would say that MDMA would be quite beneficial to people on the spectrum. I know another aspie who took it, now he isn't as afraid of people, stresses about things less and seems to have developed a social life. It turned him around completely! If only these things were legal, I would totally use them.

By the way, to all those aspies who take MDMA, remember to drink fruit juices and water regularly, as your body needs to re-hydrate. Also, avoid alchohol while rolling. Makes you more de-hydrated.

Rasta

31 Oct 2011, 11:16 pm

I've read about EMF... I think it's somehow worse for me than most people.

I always think MDMA seemed kind-of "over the top" looking back to the experiences.

Unatural drugs can put you in a state where you don't remember the experience... which just seems useless & irritating to me.

I think I should have just trusted my intuition which said that I shouldn't have taken that LSD, or at least waited till I got off this island. I kept thinking... "Don't become a victim of your own plan". I ended up attempting to sleep outside in the rain & it felt like there was so much polution. I breathed very little the entire trip, & I ended up with a massive headache. I was treating the oxygen like it was so precious, because there wasn't very much of it.

I have done... amazing... quality LSD, Angelic acid, not demonic... it's like a spiritual pathway.

Totally wasn't worth the risk, but I can't blame anyone else for my problems.

I would way rather just do drugs the most natural way possible, Mushrooms & Weed, because herbs are for healing & mushrooms are for breaking down the Ego. I might try Auyasca ;).

TheWingman
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Nov 2011, 10:46 am

Woodpecker wrote:
I would like to warn people that LSD and magic mushrooms are dangerous. These drugs could make your worst nightmares come to life and frighten the wits out of, I am aware that in the 1960s many LSD thrill seekers ended up in mental hospitals after losing their grip on sanity as a result of bad trips.

I also think that the general autism discussion is not the place to discuss the "joys" of drugs of abuse.

I heard that you have to take vitamin C to cancel badtrip with LSD and mushroom

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2011, 11:20 am

Uh. Just a few thoughts.

First of all, I've done a LOT of both mushrooms AND LSD, and neither of them ever had ANY affect on my ego, negative OR positive. Once the drugs wore off, my ego was right where it had always been. During the "trips" my ego was the last thing on my mind. All the trips ever did was remove my head from reality. Both mushrooms and LSD created an effect very much like taking a vacation to someplace like the land of OZ, with something similar to massive jet lag for a while afterward.

In the end, after quitting both, and all other hallucinogens, I was basically who I was before I started taking any of them. NO CHANGE.

Conclusion? None of them helped one iota.

As for the OP's connection between mercury, LSD and Autism?

Yeah well, how can I put this in a way that will get through?

Hallucinogenics cause the brain to "see" all kinds of "connections" between things that are NOT, in fact connected at all.

My advice to the OP is quit trying to come up with answers while tripping. It doesn't work.

Mercury in LCD screens affecting you just because you're watching the LCD? You've GOT to be kidding me. :roll:

Get straight man. Hallucinogenics do NOT help you make sense out of anything. They do NOT help you see anything you can't otherwise see. All they do is cause your brains imagination centers to "whack out" and make you able to imagine all sorts of things that SEEM to make sense while on them, but in reality make no sense at all.

It is NOT the mercury in the screen that keeps you awake. It's the noise, activity and the LIGHT being emitted from the screen. Trust me, if you could replace the screen with a stage, with a play being acted out on it by real actors (no mercury!), that would keep you up just as well as any LCD screen.

Trying to make sense of your world by use of hallucinogenics makes about as much sense as trying to measure how much oil and water is in salad dressing by measuring it right after putting it in a blender.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...