Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 7:46 am

RW665 wrote:
I crack my joints constantly. I can crack most of them. My family tells me that I'm going to get arthritis because I'm cracking everything all the time, but I don't what truth there is to that, hopefully it's not true because I do it all day long. I'm doing it right now as I proofread this.

I read an article a while back which said it is not possible to get arthritis from over-cracking joints HOWEVER it can cause damage to the muscles in the joint. That cracking sound has nothing to do with bones, but is the ligament.

I am not going to preach at anyone to stop though because I do it too :oops:

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 8:05 am

I used to crack my knuckles more but I don't as much as I used to. At one time I would crack my neck but I stopped that. Sometimes I crack my knees.

My mother can crack her ankle and it's so loud when it goes off I ask "what was that?"

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2011, 11:42 am

I hate this thread.

Every time I read another post I start cracking joints

ActingUpAgain
Raven
Raven

09 Nov 2011, 12:30 pm

I crack everything. One not mentioned yet - when I get up in the morning, I hunch my shoulders forward forcibly, hold it for a second, then swing my arms up into a "Incredible Hulk" like pose. Most of the time, this gets my breastbone to pop, which is very relaxing.

Also, cracking your joints does not cause Arthritis: Johns Hopkin's link on the subject

oddone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2011, 3:25 pm

OJani wrote:
My joints are somewhat noisy, especially the joints of my jaw (related to Temporomandibular joint disorder). I don't think it's an Aspie-thing, though. I like to stretch many times a day, that might be. :)

After a week scuba diving my jaw gets noisy. Presumably from the effort of holding the regulator. I have heard urban myths about joint cracking being decompression related but don't believe them.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2017, 9:25 pm

right shoulder cracks a lot. used to sit in class and crack it continuously. some girl had the nerve to tell me "stop it!". :roll:

when i put right hand behind head, and rotate elbow forward.

but she did not have to sit directly behind me.

left hip cracks sometimes. when i put left knee on right knee and pull right knee up.

knees crack once in a while.

jaw cracks sometimes.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2017, 9:36 pm

I often crack my joints accidentally. For example, I could be extending my arm to reach for something, and my elbow cracks.

Sometimes, my joints get "stuck", and the only way to "free" them is to crack them.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 12:14 am

Yeah i do this too, especially when im stressed, i like to crack my fingers on one hand using my thumb

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 1:37 am

I crack everything I can crack as often as it can be cracked.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 1:56 am

Crack my phalanges regularly :) ... Sort of sounds like something that should be in star Trek :|

Oh... and yes this is a common stim for people on the spectrum.

Last edited by 1Biggles1 on 13 Apr 2017, 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 2:24 am

I crack my fingers sometimes, not very often but sometimes and I've certainly cracked other joints when stretching. In fact might see if my boyfriend can help me crack my back...as my back tension has been getting annoying. Cracking it has helped in the past, lately though me shoulders keep cracking, maybe i just keep putting to much pressure on them when I sleep as I am one of those side sleepers that finds it hard to sleep on their back.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2017, 11:01 pm

jaw, snapping jaw syndrome
shoulder, when putting hand behind head and rotating elbow forward
left hip, external rotation
knees sometimes