Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2006, 10:52 pm

Hello all,
I am pretty new to this site. I have high functioning Autism and Aspergers syndrome and I'm fourteen years old. But enough introducing myself, on to the good stuff.

I was in the chatroom, and I decided to ask people if they play DDR (Dance Dance Revolution). The responses I have received were something along the lines of, "omg ddr suxors its lame and only losers pley it LOL" I was disgusted. Especially a certain individual (You know who you are), who argued like a five-year-old and couldn't let it go. Later I asked what games they prefer playing, and the same person said "Kingdom Hearts". WTF? It's a kiddy RPG with Disney characters. Anyway, after a few more minutes of him randomly dissing DDR he got kicked and I thought I was good.

Unfortunately, at the time I was (as you can tell) very pissed off, and I decided to spam the chatroom. It got me banned from it (Which I now feel is an appropriate punishment), and that was that. But this whole experience with the chatroom made my respect for this community quite low. I apologize for spamming the chatroom, but I felt, at the moment, that it was the only way to vent my anger. Please accept my apologies.

I still wonder if this is the right community for me. Sure I have Autism and Aspergers, but that's pretty much the only thing I have in common with this place. I hope that at least some of you can respond to this thread in a mature manner.

Thanks for reading,
-Dalton
http://daltonkuepker.zeeblo.com

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2006, 11:03 pm

Don't go. Yes, there are a few bad apples, but, believe it or not, their are some good, decent people on this forum.

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2006, 11:09 pm

hey brah i have some rich relatives that live in coos bay, oregon that own all the gas stations in southern oregon. bastards are stingy like you wouldn't believe but i still love them. there refiridgerator rules, its like all stainless steel. and i love it. welcome to the forums

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2006, 11:18 pm

See, I told you.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2006, 11:24 pm

the chatrooms...there are some pretty "interesting" people in the chatrooms but sometimes one can still meet someone who you can chat with. You need to remember that some people on here just have more mental deficiencys than others so you just need to be patient with them. I've discovered so many facts about asperger's so i would recommend you stay! welcome! :P

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

21 Sep 2006, 11:41 pm

I can relate to what you're saying. A similar thing happened to me on GameFAQs. Someone had posted a little 'challenge by-pass' for Jak 3, and I was gob-smacked that I didn't think of that. So much so, that I ignored the rules and censor bypassed the S-word using #, ! and $ (not in that order) many, many times in a single post. Of course, I didn't know that there was such a thing as censor by-passing, and so I was promptly banned one Friday afternoon. The neat thing was that I was helpful and friendly enough beforehand that several other users got upset, and I was able to contact one of them via PM on Gamespot (Gamespot and GameFAQs are affilated), and he told the others what had happened. The battle to get me back on continues to this day...

Back on topic, I reckon you should stay, because you're new and have good intentions. If you've checked my profile, you'll find I have Asperger's as well, but what you probably won't find out is that I'm just 16 (but I feel like I'm 14). If you can't express your anger at them without violationg the Terms of Use, then do it in Smileys! Just make sure you're not spamming...

And yes, there are mature people around here. In fact, I'm both! I can type what I just said and yet I always chuckle when someone farts in an exam...!

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Fraya
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 1:26 am

Hehe yeah the kiddies play in the chatrooms those of use looking for real conversation come here.

In any case the kid isnt representative of the community we get the occasional jerk now and then but they usually dont stay long.. except for waterdogs but hes paper trained so we keep him around as a pet hehe :)

Besides DDR rocks and I need to track down that guy your talking about, take him out back and tie him to a tree now for insulting it :P

Don't do anything at all
-----------
"White Rabbit" - Jefferson Airplane

emp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 2:30 am

I do not see how you have anything to complain about. The person who was being an idiot was kicked from the chatroom. What more do you want??

Do you expect someone to give you their personal guarantee that idiots will be kicked out of the chatroom before they even say a word? And how is that supposed to happen? Do you expect the moderators to have psychic skills so they can determine who is an idiot before the idiots reveal themselves by saying idiotic things?

Perhaps you could find some of the "Spice" for the moderators, in order to give them prescient abilities, and then they could peer into the future and be able to identify and kick out the idiots before said idiots speak.

In summary, you sound unrealistic and unreasonable.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 2:45 am

Welcome....as the above poster illustrated ,so graciously....all of us here have some "issues" to work through....(normally Emp is a quite and kind hearted soul,with nothing but love and positive words for his fellow posters,so he must be trying to win you over with his subtle wit today)I liked some of your music on your web site....not what I usually listen to but well done.I have had a few melt downs on chat but still enjoy some people there....just depends on the times you go and who happens to be on.
Welcome to wrong Planet.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 4:19 am

One of the shortcomings of chatrooms as opposed to boards is that they allow you and others to immediately post whatever they're feeling without giving it any thought. I don't chat.

Welcome to the WrongPlanet.

- Emerson

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2006, 10:08 am

Ohhhh, now I understand. Thanks guys! I think I will stay here. :) I guess I just had a bad experience. Thanks again. :D

emp wrote:
I do not see how you have anything to complain about. The person who was being an idiot was kicked from the chatroom. What more do you want??

-snip-

Well, if you had read the entire post, you would have seen that I got banned from it for spamming and that I apologized. Also I wanted to see if the entire community was like that. It isn't, so it's all good.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2006, 10:15 am

Dalton_Man321 wrote:
Ohhhh, now I understand. Thanks guys! I think I will stay here. :) I guess I just had a bad experience. Thanks again. :D

emp wrote:

-snip-

Well, if you had read the entire post, you would have seen that I got banned from it for spamming and that I apologized. Also I wanted to see if the entire community was like that. It isn't, so it's all good.

Dalton, just ignore Emp. Most of us do! :wink:

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

22 Sep 2006, 10:16 am

emp wrote:

Video taped dipped in hot tar and then feathers. And it posted on YouTube

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2006, 8:21 pm

I was in the chat last night and a young lady was blasting everything anyone tried to say. There was no making her happy. Everyone tried, believe me, I was there, but nothing seemed to work.Finally I had enough and let her know how I felt. Which her rsponse was..."You don't know me, why are you attacking me?" It's hard to know who's a troll and who's just someone who really needs help. I've seen people such as herself and or others with serious problems get in the chat and really get alot of good advice and support. Usually it takes alot before a person is actually kicked out....but sometimes I think it's to hastly and sometimes I think it didn't happen fast enough. It's a very hard judgement call. Alot of times a hostile person will calm down once they know they are among friends, and sometimes they don't and they end up saying hurtful things that could cause someone to feel even more isolated. I don't know whatever happened with this young lady, and I will say, I was not attacking her. Noone was when I was there. But she was getting to people and we let her know. I mean really...enough is enough, she was given lots of chances. Believe me, we tried to help.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2006, 8:39 pm

Oh by the way...visited your Website....really awesome, I your music.

soulmate
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2006, 9:05 pm

Don't go, don't judge us by the chatrooms. Speaking for myself, I go there to learn small talk, because I hate small talk and don't know how. This forum is a great way to get input and advice and support. I wish I would've found this site a long time ago.