Conference --- Creative Marketing, Content and PR Team

Page 2 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

Tambourine-Man wrote:
SC_2010 wrote:
Driving home from work I brainstormed the tagline "A Convergence of Divergent Minds" or "A Convergence of Divergent Thinkers" something like that. Convergence is obviously everyone from different places, abilities, backgrounds coming together. Divergent minds speaks to those who are autistic, as well as neurotypicals who choose to think differently from the pack to understand the importance of neurodiversity in society.

Still trying to come up with a name that reflects our main goals...

This is way cool. I love it.

@Ken G: I'm totally digging those Neurodiversity images. Let's get something like those going.

I think what we need to do, regarding the name, is to come up with say 3 or 4 options that everybody thinks are good, and then create a poll where people can vote for which one they prefer (so we are doing this diplomatically). Once we have determined the winning vote, we can then ask alex to make a final say on it.

Alternatively, we can draw up a list of name ideas, then send the list to alex where he can choose.

So far, I believe a large proportion of us have agreed on "AutWorld" so that can be our first option.

I also like where you are going SC_2010, but I feel the name also needs to somehow reflect that this is both a WP founded and Autism gathering, plus I feel the title itself needs to be quite short and snappy - so people can remember and refer to it easily (although then we could elaborate further with a subtitle). However, this is just my perspective - thus making it only one persons opinion. It's very important we create a democratic decision-making process for the big decisions otherwise we will quickly descend into chaos.

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 4:18 pm

SC_2010 wrote:
KenG wrote:
Tambourine-Man wrote:
Did we settle on AutWorld?
I believe so.

I don't know about it though, I think that sponsors will be more likely to give money if the title is clear about the cause. My concern is that others will not understand what Autworld means and how it is a good place for their business to gain exposure. I think we need to focus on unity of the community. You know? Sponsors will not donate to something that just seems like a big party, it needs to be twofold.

1) A networking get-together for autistics

2) A workshop for the community to learn more about autism and how autstics can invaluable in the workplace and school

The bottom line is that this will not happen unless we have funding. We won't get funding for a party. We WILL get funding for a cause, and since we are show casing autistic talent, the best focus will be on understanding the benefits of neurodiversity. We can sell tickets to professionals, teachers, HR representatives from different companies. The more THEY pay for tickets and we get corporate sponsors, the LESS people from wrongplanet will have to pay to attend.

I'm very inclined to agree with you. Of course, you know that, as we spoke yesterday.

I guess I'm trying to say... Second!

SC_2010
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2011, 4:26 pm

sunshower wrote:
Tambourine-Man wrote:
SC_2010 wrote:
Driving home from work I brainstormed the tagline "A Convergence of Divergent Minds" or "A Convergence of Divergent Thinkers" something like that. Convergence is obviously everyone from different places, abilities, backgrounds coming together. Divergent minds speaks to those who are autistic, as well as neurotypicals who choose to think differently from the pack to understand the importance of neurodiversity in society.

@Ken G: I'm totally digging those Neurodiversity images. Let's get something like those going.

I think what we need to do, regarding the name, is to come up with say 3 or 4 options that everybody thinks are good, and then create a poll where people can vote for which one they prefer (so we are doing this diplomatically). Once we have determined the winning vote, we can then ask alex to make a final say on it.

Alternatively, we can draw up a list of name ideas, then send the list to alex where he can choose.

So far, I believe a large proportion of us have agreed on "AutWorld" so that can be our first option.

I also like where you are going SC_2010, but I feel the name also needs to somehow reflect that this is both a WP founded and Autism gathering, plus I feel the title itself needs to be quite short and snappy - so people can remember and refer to it easily (although then we could elaborate further with a subtitle). However, this is just my perspective - thus making it only one persons opinion. It's very important we create a democratic decision-making process for the big decisions otherwise we will quickly descend into chaos.

I agree! Short and to the point, my tagline from earlier is just something I pictured on a poster. :)

Voting is the way to go, so let's keep brainstorming some more ideas!

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 4:34 pm

SC_2010 wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Tambourine-Man wrote:
SC_2010 wrote:

I agree! Short and to the point, my tagline from earlier is just something I pictured on a poster. :)

Ok, well so far we have:

- AutWorld
- A Convergence of Divergent Minds/Thinkers? (would you prefer "minds" or "thinkers"? Actually, this title is growing on me too)

If anybody else is brainstorming and narrowing it down to a specific concept, could you post the name idea (just individual) up and ask for it to be added to the list? If you would like to group brainstorm, as we have been doing, just post up lists of ideas as previously.

SC_2010
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2011, 4:36 pm

sunshower wrote:
SC_2010 wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Tambourine-Man wrote:
SC_2010 wrote:

Ok, well so far we have:

- AutWorld
- A Convergence of Divergent Minds/Thinkers? (would you prefer "minds" or "thinkers"? Actually, this title is growing on me too)

If anybody else is brainstorming and narrowing it down to a specific concept, could you post the name idea (just individual) up and ask for it to be added to the list? If you would like to group brainstorm, as we have been doing, just post up lists of ideas as previously.

My idea really wasn't for a name but more of a slogan...too long for a name!

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

SC_2010 wrote:
sunshower wrote:
SC_2010 wrote:
sunshower wrote:
Tambourine-Man wrote:
SC_2010 wrote:

Ok, well so far we have:

- AutWorld

My idea really wasn't for a name but more of a slogan...too long for a name!

Oh ok, then we are all still pretty settled on Autworld. I guess if anyone comes up with an alternative we can vote at that point. I like your idea for a slogan!

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 4:39 pm

SC_2010 wrote:
KenG wrote:
Tambourine-Man wrote:
I believe so.

I don't know about it though, I think that sponsors will be more likely to give money if the title is clear about the cause.
Oh, but the sub-title is "Autistic Minds Working Together to Create a Better World".
Isn't the sub-title clear enough about the cause?

http://www.autscape.org/

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 5:04 pm

KenG wrote:
SC_2010 wrote:
KenG wrote:
Tambourine-Man wrote:
I believe so.

I don't know about it though, I think that sponsors will be more likely to give money if the title is clear about the cause.
Oh, but the sub-title is "Autistic Minds Working Together to Create a Better World".
Isn't the sub-title clear enough about the cause?

Ok, subtitle vote it is.

- A convergence of divergent minds/thinkers
- Autistic Minds Working Together to Create a Better World

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 5:14 pm

Autworld - sorry its sounds like an automobile conference to me

and I aint got no better suggestions

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 5:17 pm

pastafarian wrote:
Autworld - sorry its sounds like an automobile conference to me

and I aint got no better suggestions

Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Ha ha. That is funny. It sounds a bit too much like Autreat too.

How could we get the same concept a bit more clear, but just as concise an memorable?

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

why dont you call it Wrong Planet? its a great name

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 5:25 pm

wrong planet 2012 - the international symposium for autism self advocacy

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 5:28 pm

wrong planet - kind of cool, quirky, fun for members

symposium - serious, grown up, researchers welcome, not just fun, key note speakers Simon Baron Cohen but on your terms

self advocacy - giving sponsorship to those who know it cos they are it

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

pastafarian wrote:
wrong planet 2012 - the international symposium for autism self advocacy

I do think Wrong Planet should be in the title. However, I think the agenda should be a bit more clear. This conference will attract funding from corporations because one of it's primary functions will be to educate potential employers about the value of autistics minds in the workplace, and in society as a whole.

SC2010 is right, a party in and of itself won't attract funding. This should be not only fun, but educational and neurodiverse.

I prefer the term "Neurodiverity Movement" to "Autistic Self-Advocacy" because it is more inclusive, and ASA has become a very loaded and controversial term that frightens away many organizations. This is unfortunate, but it is the way it is.

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 5:42 pm

Ummm...does "Wrong Planet 2012" strike anyone else as apocalyptic on the Mayan Calendar scale of things?

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 6:14 pm

Burnbridge wrote:
Ummm...does "Wrong Planet 2012" strike anyone else as apocalyptic on the Mayan Calendar scale of things?

:lmao: