Conference --- Creative Marketing, Content and PR Team

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 8:46 pm

SC_2010 wrote:
I think the name should somehow be inclusive to community members that are not on the spectrum, but who are working to advocate for neurodiversity and autism acceptance as well. Maybe something with united or unity?

Autism United? Hmm...sounds like a company...but something with the same idea? I'll keep thinking. Anyone else?

I like where you're going with this. I was thinking the same thing.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 11:46 pm

What are the details on the content team?

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 12:17 am

Design, and ideas. I'm in!!

I've got a lot of ideas! :D

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 2:06 am

Great! I'm working on a bunch of stuff and will post my progress tomorrow. In the meantime, everybody get your creative juices flowing!

PM
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 2:37 am

I'm interested in helping, but I need to know the specifics on what's being done.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 3:32 am

Hi all again! Sorry, forgot to specify my role. I volunteer myself as an "ideas"/"go-to" person. If anyone in the team needs someone to bounce ideas off, or assist with editing/suggestions then I'm your guy. This is my skill set.

SC_2010
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2011, 11:12 am

I love all the support! I'm coming up with a list of roles and things to be done so it will be easier for everyone to pick a task they would like to do. I'm working on it this afternoon, so it will be posted later!

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 1:48 pm

Burnbridge wrote:
Hi, I can help with promotional design...logos, posters, etc.
I love your Grease Pit patch advert, Self Sustainable poster, and JTBB lyric book / odd jobs advert.
Can you make colorful posters in that style?

http://www.autscape.org/

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 1:49 pm

Burnbridge wrote:
I was just trying to think of a visual symbol for neurodiversity. Not an easy task. I googled "diversity symbol" and came up with a bunch of images of multihued hands reaching up together.
Google Images gives 28,300 images for "Neurodiversity".
Here are some examples:

theimperiousdork
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 1:51 pm

Wow. Just saw the ideas here, and a lot! I might be offering some studies tomorrow. If you guys need anything else (vids, presentations, etc.), I'm at your service. ;)

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 1:53 pm

KenG wrote:
Burnbridge wrote:
Hi, I can help with promotional design...logos, posters, etc.
I love your Grease Pit patch advert, Self Sustainable poster, and JTBB lyric book / odd jobs advert.
Can you make colorful posters in that style?

Yes, absolutely. I seem to have access to a nice silk screening studio here in columbus, also. Not sure what the size limit of the setup is yet though. Largest posters I have done in the past were 18"x30" (just shy of 1x.5 metres)

SC_2010
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2011, 3:58 pm

Driving home from work I brainstormed the tagline "A Convergence of Divergent Minds" or "A Convergence of Divergent Thinkers" something like that. Convergence is obviously everyone from different places, abilities, backgrounds coming together. Divergent minds speaks to those who are autistic, as well as neurotypicals who choose to think differently from the pack to understand the importance of neurodiversity in society.

Still trying to come up with a name that reflects our main goals...

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 4:02 pm

Tambourine-Man wrote:
Did we settle on AutWorld?
I believe so.

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 4:03 pm

SC_2010 wrote:
Driving home from work I brainstormed the tagline "A Convergence of Divergent Minds" or "A Convergence of Divergent Thinkers" something like that. Convergence is obviously everyone from different places, abilities, backgrounds coming together. Divergent minds speaks to those who are autistic, as well as neurotypicals who choose to think differently from the pack to understand the importance of neurodiversity in society.

This is way cool. I love it.

@Ken G: I'm totally digging those Neurodiversity images. Let's get something like those going.

SC_2010
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2011, 4:11 pm

KenG wrote:
Tambourine-Man wrote:
Did we settle on AutWorld?
I believe so.

I don't know about it though, I think that sponsors will be more likely to give money if the title is clear about the cause. My concern is that others will not understand what Autworld means and how it is a good place for their business to gain exposure. I think we need to focus on unity of the community. You know? Sponsors will not donate to something that just seems like a big party, it needs to be twofold.

1) A networking get-together for autistics

2) A workshop for the community to learn more about autism and how autstics can invaluable in the workplace and school

The bottom line is that this will not happen unless we have funding. We won't get funding for a party. We WILL get funding for a cause, and since we are show casing autistic talent, the best focus will be on understanding the benefits of neurodiversity. We can sell tickets to professionals, teachers, HR representatives from different companies. The more THEY pay for tickets and we get corporate sponsors, the LESS people from wrongplanet will have to pay to attend.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 4:14 pm

Tambourine-Man wrote:
SC_2010 wrote:

This is way cool. I love it.

@Ken G: I'm totally digging those Neurodiversity images. Let's get something like those going.

I think what we need to do, regarding the name, is to come up with say 3 or 4 options that everybody thinks are good, and then create a poll where people can vote for which one they prefer (so we are doing this diplomatically). Once we have determined the winning vote, we can then ask alex to make a final say on it.

Alternatively, we can draw up a list of name ideas, then send the list to alex where he can choose.

So far, I believe a large proportion of us have agreed on "AutWorld" so that can be our first option.

I also like where you are going SC_2010, but I feel the name also needs to somehow reflect that this is both a WP founded and Autism gathering, plus I feel the title itself needs to be quite short and snappy - so people can remember and refer to it easily (although then we could elaborate further with a subtitle). However, this is just my perspective - thus making it only one persons opinion. It's very important we create a democratic decision-making process for the big decisions otherwise we will quickly descend into chaos.