Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 1:27 pm

Do these sorts of people annoy you?

There's this overextroverted guy at work who forces burps out so loudly that you can literally feel it. I don't like eating with him because it grosses me out. He even does it in front of the boss and thinks it's funny.

Also when people yawn loudly it agitates me too. Some people make such a loud noise with their voice when they yawn that it drowns out every other sound in the room. I mean, is that really necessary?

Do you sometimes feel annoyed when people deliberately amplify bodily functions?

strings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 May 2018, 2:13 pm

Yes, that can be very annoying indeed. It is bad enough even when people are not deliberately accentuating the noises. There are some people, even though they are not deliberately exaggerating the eating noises, that drive me out of the room, or even the house, because I cannot tolerate it.

DancingQueen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2018, 2:32 pm

My dad keeps clearing his throat so loudly I can hear it from upstairs and he does this every two minutes and it puts me in a blind rage for some reason. I have to put my fingers in my ears and think about something else otherwise I end up punching myself in the head. It's misophonia, I think.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 3:01 pm

Burping in public loudly is annoying and immature. I hate when people chew loudly right in my ear. It drives me nuts! Some people pass gas loudly, too and then laugh and think it's funny. Usually they have annoying laughs too.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 5:07 pm

Yes, it's definitely annoying. My father is one of those people.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 9:29 am

How does someone this immature keep a job? I feel as though I have to watch everything I say and do, especially now that I applied for a higher paying job. This person sounds really unprofessional, to say the least. The word that comes to mind is plain gauche.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 11:32 am

Sad to say, my significant other amplifies belches and sneezes - at home - yet mysteriously, he seems able to control them in public. Lucky me. He claims he can't help it, so if that were true, why does he only do this at home?

He has many other better qualities, so I accept it, with a little complaining. But I don't care for it!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 12:08 pm

I can't help it when I sneeze loud and hard. It's just my body's natural way of dealing with nasal irritation. In fact I sneezed explosively not long after I got up just a while ago. I must be allergic to being awake. :)

I find the best way to not sneeze in public is to carry plenty of tissues. You will only sneeze big or disgusting sneezes when you don't have any tissues. Murphy's Law.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 12:26 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Do these sorts of people annoy you?

There's this overextroverted guy at work who forces burps out so loudly that you can literally feel it. I don't like eating with him because it grosses me out. He even does it in front of the boss and thinks it's funny.

Also when people yawn loudly it agitates me too. Some people make such a loud noise with their voice when they yawn that it drowns out every other sound in the room. I mean, is that really necessary?

Do you sometimes feel annoyed when people deliberately amplify bodily functions?

I find that sort of thing very rude and very annoying.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 12:27 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I can't help it when I sneeze loud and hard. It's just my body's natural way of dealing with nasal irritation. In fact I sneezed explosively not long after I got up just a while ago. I must be allergic to being awake. :)

I find the best way to not sneeze in public is to carry plenty of tissues. You will only sneeze big or disgusting sneezes when you don't have any tissues. Murphy's Law.

Sneezing is in a different category. You can't always control how you sneeze.

Wreck It Ralph

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2018, 5:51 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
Sad to say, my significant other amplifies belches and sneezes - at home - yet mysteriously, he seems able to control them in public. Lucky me. He claims he can't help it, so if that were true, why does he only do this at home?

Well as long as someone only does it in the comfort of their own home then its not a big deal xD I guess I can't speak too negatively of it because I tend to run my burps into the ground when I'm at home, or really really comfortable with whoever I'm with :p

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 11:33 am

I guess it is somewhat bothersome, particularly in public. I've learned to burp silently.

skibum wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Sneezing is in a different category. You can't always control how you sneeze.

You can prevent yourself from sneezing by pushing up the end of your nose though, but once it starts yeah you cant control it. I sneeze pretty loud.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 6:43 pm

Ah, the reason why the guy at work that burps loud is still in his job is because my workplace is a very laid-back place and we don't have to be that professional. I work at a bus garage, with a load of mechanics, cleaning and fixing buses, and so the job doesn't involve any interaction with the public, and we can basically just be ourselves.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 8:24 pm

Noca wrote:
I guess it is somewhat bothersome, particularly in public. I've learned to burp silently.

If I'm tensed up my burps tend to be non-existent or "silent" like you speak of xD For me its all about the comfort lvl. The more comfortable, the more amplified, the more tense and well ... non-existent kinda like :P

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 8:33 pm

It's probably a guy thing.

I can't say I'm not guilty of it, myself :oops:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 May 2018, 7:36 am

It doesn't bother me. I fart & burp loudly sometimes due to gastrointestinal problems & I also yawn loudly & I cant really help those things without feeling very uncomfortable physically. I also tend to think farting & burping is funny but I have an vulgar sense on humor. I usually don't fart or burp to be funny thou even thou I find it funny when others do it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition