Inside Out: A Documentary About My Life With Asperger's

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 2:15 am

Watch a hilarious, and educational video about my life with Asperger Syndrome...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnekINAOADI[/youtube]

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 3:58 am

The first minute and a half are good :) I'll have to watch it later because my computer locked up :x

pastafarian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 9:07 am

Nice job. Good educational advert. Amiable. Fun. Quirky. Serious.

Good luck with getting it watched as much as possible.

SylviaLynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 9:27 am

Great video. Thanks.

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 10:03 am

Thanks guys! I think it is being featured on a website soon.

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 10:15 am

Thanks for sharing - I liked watching this. Everyone should have a hat collection.

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2011, 10:29 am

Great video :D I couldn't help noticing the dvd's, you and my husband would probably get on, he has a little obsession with dvd's and film memorabilia (I buy them alot too but I'm nowhere near as obsessed as he is). We have around 2000 dvd's...maybe more I don't know I've never counted them and we don't have enough wall space for all the posters. Our bedroom is filled with big boxes of memorabilia and it's one of the main reasons we need a bigger house, we just don't have enough space for all of it.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

I dont like the way you always sell for big pharma, and promote commercial interests over people, so I stopped watching it after 90 seconds

Its always like an infomercial advertisement from autism speaks.....

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 2:04 pm

Good video!

1 You are very attractive

2 You have cool interests

3 The video was fun!

HunTheBun
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Nov 2011, 2:06 pm

Great vid :)...Im another Bob Dylan believer :lol:

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 2:21 pm

I had to stop watching after a minute, because the vocal was out of sync with the video and it was messing with my head. I'm pretty sure it's a problem my computer and not the production of the vid, though.

I found the bit about "wearing the same thing all the time to be poignant. I've been wearing the same jacket for 22 years, with part of a coat attached to it that I've been wearing for 18 years and a hood that I've been wearing for 15 years. Pretty much the same thing every day, unless I need to dress fancy for a job.

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 5:11 pm

Surfman wrote:
I dont like the way you always sell for big pharma, and promote commercial interests over people, so I stopped watching it after 90 seconds

Its always like an infomercial advertisement from autism speaks.....

I've been fighting big pharma (Shire in particular) every day for the last month. Check out this thread on the ADHD forum...

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112488

I HATE big pharma right now. However, that doesn't change the fact that medication has saved my life. If you don't need it, by all means don't take it. With all the shortages going around the last thing I need is someone buying up my meds who doesn't need them.

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2011, 6:39 pm

Thanks for the kind words everyone! The video has been posted on thAutcast.com, Autism Hangout, and several other websites.

Australien
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2011, 1:04 am

Nice video, well done.

Would it be fair to say that you are more of an extrovert Aspie?

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2011, 5:03 am

Burnbridge wrote:
I had to stop watching after a minute, because the vocal was out of sync with the video and it was messing with my head. I'm pretty sure it's a problem my computer and not the production of the vid, though.

I had problems with the audio too, it sounds very tinny (is that even a word?) to me and made me feel a little ill but I persevered.

Also Tambourine man one thing I found odd was the conversation which was supposed to be with a stranger, is that how you would interact with a real stranger? or were you able to talk so easily because of your already close relationship? I find I talk like that with family, my husband often points out that I'm changing subject too rapidly or talking too fast or not talking in context (usually because my brain is either 3 steps ahead or behind the conversation). Wheras with actual strangers I would be very awkward/nervous and would be very much one word answers / get out of there as fast as possible.

Mego
Toucan
Toucan

24 Nov 2011, 5:08 am

Your behavior really shifted at the very end....