Have you been compared to fictitious characters?

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jayo
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 8:22 pm

The ones I got, back when, were Dr. Dick Solomon from "3rd Rock from the Sun" (played by John Lithgow), and C3PO, and Jim Dial from "Murphy Brown". Yeah, my youth was in the '90s :)

So thankfully, I never got compared to or called "Sheldon Cooper", cause by then I'd managed to improve tremendously on suppressing the symptoms and maintaining more NT-like traits.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 10:42 pm

I never had people compare me to fictional characters. I always compared myself to fictional characters. On some shows or movies I watch sometimes. I might find a character or 2 I could kinda relate too. The characters I think I could relate the most too is Scamp from Lady and the Tramp 2, Butters from South Park, Niblet from Pound Puppies 2010, and both Haida and Space Cadet from Aggretsuko. If traits from those characters were mixed together. That would be me. I know that's not what you were asking. I'm saying that I compare myself to fictional characters and not other people.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 10:45 pm

No, but someone once told me I looked like Stockard Channing.

Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 2:02 am

Inspector Gadget.

I had a habit of wearing a hat at that time.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 4:24 am

I've been told I resemble Ezra Miller and Ezra Bridger. If there's a fictitious character who is aloof, fidgets a lot and hardly talks, that would be the one to compare me to.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 5:36 am

Stockard Channing is like Jane Russell.

Both sexy, full-figured gals.

I don’t look like Robin Williams——but I’ve been asked for autographs more than once by people who thought I was him.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 5:47 am

I have not been compared to a specific fictional character to my knowledge, but have usually been mistaken for something closer to a false stereotype of men.

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 5:49 am

I was once told my life must be like an endless Chabrol movie where I wake up each morning never having a clue what is going to happen next or where I might find myself by nightfall. :roll:

Just goes to show how little people know, I always knew exactly where I was going!

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2018, 9:06 am

I've been compared to Sheldon Cooper, which is actually pretty accurate. Our functioning levels are the same.

coalminer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2018, 9:30 am

My brother and sister once said that I'm like Stinkoman from Homestar Runner. I guess it's because of how competitive I can be.

More recently, they compared me to Buster from Arrested Development. I like to think I'm more mature than he is, though.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 10:00 am

My family tells me that I'm like a hybrid of Brick and Sue from The Middle.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 10:04 am

Marvin, the "Paranoid Android" from The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - to myself, I think that Arthur Dent would be a more accurate comparison, so I guess I must whine more than I think I do. (people would have meant the books and 80's UK TV series - I haven't seen the more recent film version, so I don't know how it compares.)

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 10:30 am

Bebe Neuwirth's character Lilith from Cheers/Frasier.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 1:59 pm

In my youth they likened me to Mr. Spock.

Lately it's been Sheldon Cooper.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 4:10 pm

One time my cousin said that when I whinge and whine I sound a bit like Dory from Finding Nemo when she tries speaking whale. But my cousin was only joking in an exaggerating way and it actually made me laugh. :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 6:14 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
My family tells me that I'm like a hybrid of Brick and Sue from The Middle.

Love that show. Interesting comparison. Both are good characters. In the early years of the show I thought that Brick was exactly like me at his age.