Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

stripey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Oct 2006, 2:48 am

Before i had even heard about AS, i had thought, am i an alien or something is this what any others had thought before hearing about AS.

It would seem probable as they use the alien chap for the website.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

05 Oct 2006, 3:23 am

Well, it does make you feel very different, and that's another way of saying alienated. Alien means unknown, and while we do know a lot about AS, there's a lot we don't know either, just like the off-planet aliens (which should really be called non-Earth life forms for the sake of being accurate). Because of this, having the WP mascot works quite well. Everyone does feel different sometime in their lives, but for us it's a much stronger feeling.

I think I've summed up the topic quite well! :)

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

krex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 3:34 am

Stripey.....yes.....when I was around 5 I believed,not fantasised or daydreamed,but really believed,I was from a planet called Krexafax.As I got older,I tried to figure out why the planet had put me here and decided I was an :anthropoligist meant to read and learn as much as possible about humans and my planet would eventually pick me up and get the information doing a brain scan(I assumed that was why they made me crave reading and learning so much)....I am still waiting,at 42,but I dont know if I would go back without my earth boyfriend and my cats and bunnies.(If a republican is still president at the time,I might!! !)but it would be a hard choice.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 3:42 am

Yes, when I was a kid I saw Heinlein's sf book 'Stranger in a Strange Land' that just about summed up how I felt.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 3:48 am

This is weird, I used to do the same thing. When I was in junior high, my mind would be taken over by an alien named Norr-Tann, who would send back intelligence reports about earth people in preparation for an invasion.

I guess they decided earth wasn't worth invading, and Norr-Tann is off scouting somewhere else.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 4:08 am

Yes, I thought I was from another world or "something more" trapped in a human body.

And I was planning to make a story about alien twins: They were separated because of a planet's dictator (it's a long story). One of them was in a recognition mission at Earth, and she had an accident. When she awoke, she was in a human house. She had taken the place of her sister, but she didn't know. Her sister was in other place, fighting for surviving, but she didn't know she had a twin sister. Now, she must learn how to live, as a human does. . . . There is a lot questions, and intrigues . . .

The final was very tragic, but I didn't finish it because I noticed, when I was 18, I had AS. This was the answer for a lot of my questions about my traits and my way of thinking, so I confirmed I was a human after all. Maybe after, I can continue with that story in other moment of my life.

Also when I talk about humans, I use to saying unconsciously something like that: "Humans . . . they are . . ."
when NTs say this: "We, the humans, are . . ."

(Maybe, it's not a good example, because spanish verb forms are different for each pronoun, and in english there's no difference between verb form of "we" and "they" pronouns.)

I have talked like this since I have memory, and my mom's always telling me " You have to say "We, the humans, are . . ", because you're a human too". This problem had decreased last two years, but it continues.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

05 Oct 2006, 4:26 am

SamuraiSaxen wrote:
Also when I talk about humans, I use to saying unconsciously something like that: "Humans . . . they are . . ."
when NTs say this: "We, the humans, are . . ."

(Maybe, it's not a good example, because spanish verb forms are different for each pronoun, and in english there's no difference between verb form of "we" and "they" pronouns.)

Okay, here's a kind of revision:

Humans: "We, the humans, are an intelligent race occupying Planet Earth."
You: "They, the humans, are an intelligent race occupying the Planet Earth. I'm just here for the ride, but I'm not with them. Hey, can I come with you to your planet? I need a bit of a break..."

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

krex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 4:26 am

I honestly dont think my being an alien is any "stranger' then this whole AS thing...

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Yagaloth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2006, 4:51 am

Actually, I never had any doubt that I was human.

Instead, I felt like everyone else was alien, that the rest of the world was populated by something that only looked human, but wasn't. I was, at that time, very specific about how I used the terms "humans" and "people" - "people" were not human, but a something like animated mannequins with the brains of herd animals. It got to a point where I was feeling seriously paranoid about it in my early-20's, in an Invasion of the Body-Snatchers kind of way, and I thought I was going to lose my mind... sometimes, I'm afraid, I even seriously thought about eliminating all the "people" in the world as a matter of ensuring the survival of the human race.

Finally figuring out how to use some social skills a few years ago relieved a lot of that, but I definitely could never really shake the feeling that there was something wrong with everyone else. I'd taken to thinking of it as being the results of their using drugs, and I made a point of avoiding drug use to keep from "breaking" myself the way everyone else had. I had a small relapse of paranoia, where I began to imagine some strange, unseen, predatory species was drugging nearly everyone else and turning them into "people." Learning about Asperger's has finally helped me to think of "normal" people as being human, too, and the bizarre delusions seem to be gone now.

Asperger's Syndrome seems a much simpler, easier, and more elegant possibility, and it's definitely easier to handle and live with :)

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 12:15 pm

No, not an alien. i use to think i was a mutant, like in the xmen, but my powers had not yet developed. I reliezed after a while that it was something different so i asked and found out I had AS.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 12:48 pm

Raph522 wrote:
No, not an alien. i use to think i was a mutant, like in the xmen, but my powers had not yet developed. I reliezed after a while that it was something different so i asked and found out I had AS.

With AS, you DO have powers!! It's just a matter of being able to use them effectively and responsibly.... like Spider Man or something. 8)

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 1:38 pm

thats exactly it, all my life I didn't actually know it but I've always spoken about "human beings" as if I'm a separate observer. Though as high school came to a close and I lost the small amount of interest I had left in the people there, I started smoking weed as a way to "blend in".

Not because it was cool or whatever, but simply because when I don't smoke for huge periods it feels like my mind is on overdrive or something, and I pretty much can't speak to anyone without either saying 1-2 word answers or 1000 word thought essays :P

We are not better, we are not worse, we are different yes, but not in a way that we cannot relate, we simply have to relate through other means, art, science etc.

By the way been on here (WP) a day and loving it, it feels like a little place I can escape to, what I've always tried (and failed) to find in partners hah.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 1:58 pm

Stinkypuppy wrote:
Raph522 wrote:

With AS, you DO have powers!! It's just a matter of being able to use them effectively and responsibly.... like Spider Man or something. 8)
:D YES!! !! !! ! I have the power to confuse and annoy :? :| :x . :)
And Super memorization skills of seemingly useless knowlege! :P
I geuss if you think hard enough about it we are mutants, sort of. 8O .. after all many consider AS a genetic difference.

itfits
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2006, 5:36 pm

I thinkthat one of the reasons that I love sci-fi so much is that as a teen and young man I felt like I did not belong on this planet and was looking to see if anything seemed familiar. I relived long ago that I am human and part of this planet but I have never till this day actually felt that away.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 9:38 pm

I spent 46 years in an episode of the twilight zone and finally found out I wasn't the only one trapped in the weird human creature freak show.

watching the human creatures is like watching ants, all you can do is wonder why they do what they do and wonder what they are thinking as they do what they do.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 9:51 pm

I used to think I was an alien sent to earth to destroy the humans. I couldn't think of any other way to explain why I was so much more intelligent than people who were far older than me, or why I wanted to kill everyone. But I changed my mind about this when I was 7 years old.