Page 4 of 8 [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

alana00
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Dec 2011, 9:02 am

I adore coffee :P but cant have it as I get high as a kite :lol: and my heart feels like its going to explode and so I envy those who can have like 6 cups a day and feel fine.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 11:04 am

Sometimes I drink it to go to sleep easier. I get no energy from it, but still feel the fetigue I end up with when it's supposed to be wearing off. :)

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 11:14 am

Coffee makes me me. Been drinking it since I was four. I have gone without for a total of, oh, maybe, 12 days since then?

No, I don't get any "stimulating" effects from it.

I have trouble hearing human speech or making words at all without coffee. Before the first cup in the morning, I'm on sensory overload autopilot. I used to think it was no-thought, but now I believe it to merely be total-nonverbal-thought.

I went 10 days without, once. My body felt great after a couple of days, but I barely spoke a word to anyone or listened to what anyone else was saying. Just walked around Seattle, looking at and listening to things, (and touching the icky slugs and weird rain forest plants, of course.) Seattle was not an effective place to try to quit coffee. When I had the most mindblowingly good shot of espresso I'd ever had, the words came flooding back. "That was a painful, yet curious, experiment," I mused, "yet not one I'm likely to repeat."

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2012, 5:20 am

Without a certain amount of coffee I would go absolutely crazy. I'm trying not to drink more than 3-4 cups a day. I used to be on various antidepressants for OCD which made me sleep a lot. I started drinking more and more even after I stopped using the medications. I eventually got up to around 10 cups a day. That was affecting me adversely. However, the right amount of coffee relaxes me nicely.

ladraven
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2012, 10:46 am

I love coffee! People know not to speak to me until I have my first cup in the morning and I will demolish a pot in no time at all. Sometimes I even splash out on civit coffee for very special occassions. The only other thing I drink is Cherry Coke so I am always highly caffienated.

CWA
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:53 am

Generally coffee makes me feel better and by better I don't mean more awake. Just better. HOWEVER if I have way too much, which has happened because I dirnk it all the time so if I also throw in, say a shot of espresso, or three, THEN I can get twitchy. Again, not hyper, just twitchy.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:56 am

Coffee calms me. i drink it in hot and cold days. I love to walk around with a coffee werever I go.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:57 am

If it relaxes you it probably is an addiction - you're warding off caffeine withdrawal and the anxiety that goes with it. It doesn't relax me but it doesn't make me hyper either in normal amounts: it lifts my depression a bit and helps me be more social. I guess it does relax me in the sense that it makes me feel more prepared to face things, so I don't need to worry as much.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 11:41 am

The first time I drank some coffee, I actually ended up taking a short nap afterward. I don't think that's how coffee's supposed to work. :? Maybe I'd gotten ahold of some decaf by mistake.

Other times when I've drunk at least a couple of cups, I don't feel at all buzzed or energized, like other people feel after drinking coffee. Maybe it just works on me differently or I just don't drink enough.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

zephyr555
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2012, 3:15 pm

How cool is this post! I'm an NT married to an AS. We' ve been together in total, 21 years. That said, I am bemused by the fact that, on weekends, I can make him one cup of espresso with cream, and he is fine. But that second cup almost always makes him really drowsy to the point that he sometimes has go back to bed for a nap! Interesting. As for me, I drink tea and it does nothing for either way although I suspect I am a bit ADHD.

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2012, 3:37 pm

CWA wrote:
Generally coffee makes me feel better and by better I don't mean more awake. Just better. HOWEVER if I have way too much, which has happened because I dirnk it all the time so if I also throw in, say a shot of espresso, or three, THEN I can get twitchy. Again, not hyper, just twitchy.

I know exactly what you mean by better. You just feel good somehow...

japan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2012, 3:45 pm

ladraven wrote:
I love coffee! People know not to speak to me until I have my first cup in the morning and I will demolish a pot in no time at all. Sometimes I even splash out on civit coffee for very special occassions. The only other thing I drink is Cherry Coke so I am always highly caffienated.

The Billionaire Warren Buffett claims that he drinks 5 cherry cokes a day. They had a segment on Bloomberg recently where he took a blind taste test of 4 sodas and mistook cherry doctor pepper for Cherry coke. Lol...

InThisTogether
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 6:37 pm

When my son was first diagnosed with ADHD, I was researching alternatives to medications. I found numerous references to doses of caffeine (yes I know it's still a stimulant, but it seemed less...scary...than a controlled substance, ykwim?) Anyway. When I read that, I started thinking about the fact that I drink an enormous amount of coffee every day. Then I remembered when I was a psychometrist and I was being trained to administer the child psychologists new computerized test for ADHD and how we all laughed hysterically because I kept failing it (it said I had ADD, which I thought was preposterous at the time because I really didn't know what ADD was. I thought it was a synonym for "hyperactive.") And then the phrase "self-medicating" floated effortlessly into my head.

Comp_Geek_573
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 6:57 pm

I've had mixed results anxiety-wise with caffeine. Sometimes it makes me less anxious by making me feel more capable, but other times it's made me fret over everything. Sometimes I've had good productive frenzies with caffeine; other times it just made it even harder to know where to start.

AQ: 33

Manamo1976
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Aug 2012, 7:03 pm

Coffee is awesome. I need a Large cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee in the morning to wake up in the morning and then, I need one on the way home from work to calm me down...

kBillingsley
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Aug 2012, 12:17 am

Coffee does not relax me, but Zoloft seems to do the trick. Also, whenever I drink oolong tea I get panic attacks.