Page 2 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

mar00
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 9:04 am

People always ask me if I am high. And half of the time I am.. Kid kid, actually rarely but I do get comments that I look and behave like high.

antonblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

izzeme wrote:

my poison of choice is indeed alcohol with a dash of cannabis if i really feel weak, but i can usually make due with meditation and withdrawals

yeah meditation and withdrawal seems to be our primary coping mechanism on overload and depression. I wonder why this is the case, - are they just more effective than any drugs, or are there strong causes which hinder use using these more "effective" pain killers called drugs.

Your comments have been very insightful. So far, I see the following arguments which stop to use drugs:

- obey to parents
- strong will to do the right (logically, ethically)
- strong will to do things which last for the future
- strong will to be in control of your body, thinking, and doings

thanks,
anton

Mahlon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2011, 7:51 pm

Good thread so far, and myself I've tried many things, and other than an occasional drink, I regularly use cannabis to unwind after work. It works well for me, that is what I do know. I don't do anything else anymore, and was lucky to never get sucked into addiction along the way, to each their own.

The question this discussion begs, from those who do and do not, is, "Would you consider yourself to come from a family with an established history of substance abuse?" Yes or no type question.

And btw my answer is most definitely YES.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 8:11 pm

number2 wrote:
I'm so used too smoking weed all alone then playing a video game that when I smoke with people I start too feel very akward but I'm trying to get over that feeling.

I prefer smoking weed on my own. I don't like other people interrupting my thoughts.

munch15a
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

While I don't drink often and never do drugs I do admit that at any party with over say 9 people I have to be a bit drunk the whole night or fear of social rejection stops me having fun.

So maybe there is some sort of link

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 9:29 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
pete1061 wrote:
Zabriski wrote:
artrat wrote:
I think weed can be very good for aspies. It helps me with depression and it is not addictive.
I would never touch heroin or coke or anything like that.
I hate how the government brainwashes people with ant-drug campaigns like"Above the influence" when cannabis can help people with depression.
The government wastes to much money on anti-drug campaigns.

Actually, cannabis can become addictive. :wink:

Yes, it can be. It is not "physically" addictive like heroin. For some there is a strong physiological addiction. Which is actually the more powerful of types of addiction. Physical addiction ends once someone has detoxed from a substance. It is the physiological component of addiction that draws an addict back months or years later.

Yes but, to be fair, a person can become psychologically addicted to absolutely anything, so it's hardly a solid argument against cannabis. I'm addicted to the internet, for example - I literally get withdrawal symptoms if I have to go long periods without access to it.

I'm not arguing against cannabis. I'm just cautioning. Truth is, only a very low percentage of people are like me, who become hardcore potheads. Most pot smokers I know can take it or leave it.

And the down sides to being addicted to cannabis are very few. For one a pot addiction can get quite expensive, but that can be chalked up to the black market inflation of prices. Secondly, being stoned 24/7 will eventually lead to driving stoned, and no matter how well someone drives stoned, cops really frown on it and you can get a DUI for doing that. Third, continuous use of pot greatly increases the chemical tolerance to weed, eventually making it nearly impossible to get the desired effect. Then there are all the things that come along with obtaining and possessing a controlled substance, which can really suck depending on location. But the political winds are changing on that one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not discouraging pot use, I'm just putting all the facts out there from my own personal experience. Of all the mind altering substances out there, pot is the best. And to those who like to partake, don't let me stop you, ENJOY!! ! I'd much rather see people consume cannabis than drink alcohol. Alcohol is a far more destructive drug.

Just because I don't do it anymore doesn't mean I think everyone else shouldn't do it.

Diagnosed in 2005

archraphael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Dec 2011, 11:44 pm

tbh i think ASD's are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol because of poor impulse control center in the brain..
Ive abused alcohol, I've abused cough medicine, I've abused benzos, I'm not addicted but compulsory smoke at least 1-7 cigarettes a day...
Those are all numbing drugs... I did this all to stop the very bad neurosis. Cigs work particularly well for 'keeping me awake' else my mind goes into 'hibernate mode' where i am walking around literally not thinking and having no insight into my behaviors or impulse control

weed was a very scary drug for me... if i inhale too much i'm asking for automatic 4 hour long catatonic psychosis.
otherwise it can be relaxing if i smoke a tiny amount, like a benzo high..

strangethingie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2011, 11:55 pm

Going from personal experiences as a teenager, I've tried various different drugs purely out of curiosity because my friends where doing them and they where quiet freely available.

I soon found that I really could cope with the affect of drugs. Really can't handle being stoned on cannabis, it just feels really confusing to me! Tried exctasy and that was a horrific experience again couldn't cope with the supposed 'euphoria'! Lol! Tried various other 'party' drugs and more or less found I couldn't cope with the feeling!!

Even with prescription drugs strong pain killers in particar, I can't cope with the effect sometimes I can't even cope with paracetamol lol.

I do drink but it's because I absolutely love the taste of beer and I like the relaxed feeling a couple of beers has on me. But I hate been really drunk! I can be really unpredictable when I'm drunk too, I can be either the life n sole of the party, hate everyone and will want to fight a hungry lion, or I get really depressed and sit in a corner and cry!! Lol

The best drug to keep me calm is nicotine and chocolate!! Give me a cigarette and milky way and I'm as cool as a cucumber! Lol

salemzarves
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Dec 2011, 12:00 am

I have done drugs out of curiosity but i never felt any sort of addiction to them and if i did i would not let myself become a habitual user. I have done hallucinogens every other year to test my mental limits/strength and to see things in a different or spiritual prescriptive. Most of the time i just do drugs out of curiosity but i always take precautions so i don't end up in any serious danger. I will admit that dextromethorphan is a favorite of mine because it has helped me with some of my PTSD issues but I'm not a regular user and i usually use it as medication when necessary and on rare occasions i do it recreationally to test my mental strength or to help with occasional depression. I do have a sensitivity do the effects of drugs because even if i take a small amount of the drug im doing then i can sometimes see the whole picture of it and feel it on a cellular level and i relate this to my aspergers. I will also admit that i smoke weed socially and take clonazepam for anxiety and sometimes ambien on occasions just to feel the euphoria.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 2:58 am

Forgive my ignorance, but how is chocolate a drug?
All it does for me is make my teeth hurt if I eat too much.
I just never understood the big deal made about chocolate.
How is it different than anything else with lots of sugar?
Is it something that only effects females?

Diagnosed in 2005

strangethingie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2011, 4:05 am

I was only joking about the chocolate! But it releases the same endorphins in your brain as sex or cocaine does!

strangethingie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Dec 2011, 4:12 am

I was only joking about the chocolate! But it releases the same endorphins in your brain as sex or cocaine does!

munch15a
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2011, 6:28 am

There is a very small group who become addicted to it you just don't notice because its cheap legal and if they excise enough has no noticeable down sides for that matter there have been a few pepel who gave up coffee and got hospitalized for head aches that they did not relsisies was server withdrawal.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 10:10 am

strangethingie wrote:

I had an ex-girlfriend who really was addicted to chocolate. I couldn't understand it.
She would even get mean if I touched HER chocolate. She once came to me in tears with half of a chocolate cake, telling me to take it out to the dumpster because she couldn't stop herself.
She did have a history of an eating disorder, she told me how she was anorexic in high school. I guess the pendulum swung the other way by her late 30's into overeating, which was focused on chocolate. She talked about how chocolate gave her a "high" of sorts.

I have heard of research saying that the female brain somehow processes chocolate differently than male brains.

me, I don't notice any different effects from chocolate, compared to any other non chocolate candy.
It's all just a sugar rush for me.

But sugar in itself can be one hell of a drug. Just look at how it effects kids. You'd swear there in crack in that stuff.
I believe the real "gateway" drug is sugar.

Diagnosed in 2005

munch15a
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2011, 11:56 am

Yeah for most its just sugar and you are right about the female brain you know how your pupils dilate they have found in women the 2 things apart from a dark room that make there eyes dilate the most on advarge is one a cute baby two being aroused and finally eating chocolate but this is only on advrage there are other examples of this there are some types of truffles that are almost universally disliked by women but liked by men because they are processed different and seam to have things in the that mimic sex pheromones.

Its an interesting area unless you have one has developed a health problem or is facing social stigma then chocolate addiction is not a big problem.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2011, 1:12 pm

Chocolate contains caffeine, caffeine is a drug, tobacco contains nicotine, nicotine is a drug, tobacco is a drug, ergo chocolate is a drug.

The logic isn't perfect, but it makes sense.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html