What are some inappropriate things that you have said?

Page 5 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 11:46 am

the other posters posts are very interesting.

there was a teacher who i had (in one of my mainstream schooling episodes) who was called mr "bogone", and i did not hear him introduce himself, and all i saw was his name written on the blackboard. i addressed him as mr "bog one", and he became annoyed and told me his name was pronounced like "bug-own-ee", but i told him that in australian, his name was pronounced as "bog one", and he said that his was not an australian name, and i told him that that was why he was pronouncing his name incorrectly in the australian language.

the class was disrupted, and i was told to go outside and calm down. i went outside and i then decided that i was going to go home which caused more problems

a few weeks later, he was going on about his activities in the vietnam war, and he related a story where he and his comrades were ambushed by enemy machine gunners as they walked through the forest. i did not process the information with relevance to his current presence, and i asked "did you survive?".

he said "are you serious?!? what kind of question is that?!?" and i said "so i suppose you were not killed then", and the class went beserk with ridiculing laughter at what i said, and that was when i was segregated into another class which was for "inferior" thinkers, and because my psychologists were keenly observing my progress in mainstream schooling, they pulled me out of that school, and back into the adolescent unit i went. i liked the psychiatric unit where i spent most of my childhood, but nothing i did that sent me back there was contrived.

dogslife
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2011, 12:01 pm

Guineapigged wrote:
When I was little I was with my Mum in a shopping centre. She used the cash machine to withdraw some money and I saw her punch in her PIN number. Proudly, I told her that I knew her PIN. She became very flustered and told me that I must never tell it to anybody and I had to try to forget it. Of course, that only made it so that her PIN was going round and round in my head for the rest of the day. A little later on I was kind of restless and frustrated because she was pulling me away from something I wanted to look at. Instead of just plain screaming, I yelled her PIN number - not because I wanted other people to know it, but because I had been thinking about it all day and it was right there at the front of my brain and just slipped out.

That made me laugh so hard. Not in a way of laughing at you, but just that's hilarious/random/cute of a kid to do.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 12:18 pm

i work with a girl who has adorable dimples, and i told her, "you look just like a dolly!" she got very upset and angry.

i had a male friend ask me if i thought he came across creepy and i said, "yeah, kind of." i followed it with, "JUST TEASING!" but obviously the damage was done.

i told my friend that her breasts looked nice in her outfit. i realised afterward it could be offensive, but she reassured me a little bit.

i was tasting a new beer at a festival. i tried one and said to a friend, "this tastes skunky." the representatives could totally hear me so my friend shushed me and ushered me away.

we have a fish pond at work and one of the fishies died. there was a sombre email sent to all employees, and i turned to my coworkers and said, "seriously, it's a FISH. people are not actually sad, right?" my workmates looked at me like i punched a baby.

i could go on and on.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 12:22 pm

Do you not have anything like BeerRitz (an online site full of beers) in Canada? My last beer order consisted of a lot of stouts and porters with a few weird, offbeat ones. I'd send you my entire order but if might not mean much to you hyperlexian.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 12:26 pm

Tequila wrote:
Do you not have anything like BeerRitz (an online site full of beers) in Canada? My last beer order consisted of a lot of stouts and porters with a few weird, offbeat ones. I'd send you my entire order but if might not mean much to you hyperlexian.

possibly. i am not drinking beer anymore so that i will get fewer migraines, but that's a story for another thread.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

Once, last year it was, I was at a market town not far from me and on one of the stalls stood a golliwog. I said to my Mum, "There's a golliwog!". She did her best to shut me up as I started saying the word "golliwog!" really loudly down the entire street. I thought the word was absolutely hilarious at the time. I can still imagine myself saying it.

GOLLIWOG! :lol:

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2011, 12:53 pm

At school I used to be a prefect, and one of my jobs was to supervise a class of Year 7s during registration. Looking back, I think I scarred some of those kids for life with my honesty. The one that sticks out (and still gives me a burning guilty feeling to this day) was a girl who always had bushy, scraggly hair (kind of like mine, actually). I didn't know any of the kids' names, because I'm terrible at names, so one time when I was trying to get her attention I called her "cavegirl". I didn't mean it maliciously; it's just how I remembered her, like "pen boy" (the boy who let me use his pen to take the register).
Every time I saw her after that, her hair was straightened and she was plastered in make-up. :oops:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 1:03 pm

when i was in Grade 5/fifth grade/Year 5, i did a report on law & punishment in ancient Eqyptian society. the society had severe punishment for adultery, so of course i included that information in my report. we set up tables to present our reports (with posters & dioramas) to other classes of children that ranged in age from 6 to 12 years old.

naturally, the little kids didn't know what adultery was, so i explained it... using their parents as examples: "adultery is when your mommy or daddy... " etc.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 1:49 pm

I remember when I was 12, Mom and I arrived at this place called The Water Tower and we go into this office building where I do my group therapy. We go up to the floor and the door to the office is locked. The place was still closed but the elevator was still open. There happened to be a guy sitting in the hallway next to the other door and I say to my mother about how he might be a street person trying to stay warm and I start talking about if other street people stay in the building to stay warm because they can't lock the elevator. Mom criticizes me about it and I couldn't understand why it was so wrong to say it. I guess no one likes to be accused of being a street person. :?

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

17 Dec 2011, 2:15 pm

In second grade, my teacher caught me throwing grapes on the floor and then squishing them into the carpet. When she yelled at me in front of the entire class, I jumped out of my seat and screamed as loud as I could, " don't yell at me you stupid screwbox fat cow!". I lost recess privleges for a month.

dogslife
Toucan
Toucan

17 Dec 2011, 3:02 pm

Just remembered another one. In second grade, I asked my teacher if she wore a bra. It was not meant to be sexual whatsoever, just kid curiosity, but obviously still inappropriate.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 6:26 pm

I was on the phone with my friend Lily (a fake name) and my mom was looking around the room for her keys. My mom was really flustered and complained loudly that our house was so cluttered that she can't ever find anything. I responded loudly (so that Lily could plainly hear) " You should see Lily's house.....our place is immaculate compared to hers". This happened recently...not when I was a child :oops:

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 7:39 pm

Last Christmas, when my sister (then 13) came downstairs wearing a nice, all-black outfit for Christmas dinner, I said: "You look like you're going to a funeral."
I didn't think anything of it before I said it, but I quickly realized it was definitely a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge no-no. I got really upset by the fact that I said that and how hurt her feelings were... :(

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2011, 8:15 pm

My husband and I went to our employee Christmas Party and I was sitting at the table. I had just ate and I still had an upset stomach so I said "I ate so now I know I am just constipated." My husband told me that was not appropriate at the table.