Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

10 Oct 2006, 5:27 am

It's got something to do with Asperger's and autism, and completely random. It's cryptic, and because it's metaphorical I wouldn't be suprised if some users didn't get it, but here goes:

'Everyone's torch was pointing to the door. Mine was pointing to the open window.'

Post replies on what you think, and other sayings and stuff would be cool as well!

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

10 Oct 2006, 5:46 am

A Candle in the Wind

greyhelium
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 7:24 am

Im assuming it means unlike evrybody elese your not expecting the danger/person/thing/whatever/idea/thing/concept to come through the door (AKA ''the normal, stereotypical, inside the box entrance'') but rather through the open window. the opennessagez0rz of the window is giving you the idea that the danger/person/thing/whatever/idea/thing/concept will come through the 'out the box' area....

or something...

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 7:34 am

Wow!

I thought not many of us had an open window!

Jamie06
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 10:00 am

KBABZ wrote:
It's got something to do with Asperger's and autism, and completely random. It's cryptic, and because it's metaphorical I wouldn't be suprised if some users didn't get it, but here goes:

'Everyone's torch was pointing to the door. Mine was pointing to the open window.'

Post replies on what you think, and other sayings and stuff would be cool as well!

That's okay I can see where your'e coming from about being different etc.

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 1:51 pm

"Marching to the beat of a different drum."

Now explain to me again: why I should spend time and money on acquiring designer clothes, when I could be hunting for more obscure and odd books?

SilentBedlam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2006, 2:21 pm

"We are the generous, the kind, and yet they do not see us. We are the hopeful, the just, and yet they do not hear us. We speak out in silence, and have not a voice quiet enough to hear. We are the angels, for which all men hope, and from which all men hide."

You have my deepest apologies for hijacking the thread, but I was moved to post this by what you'd said yourself. It is quite, quite astute thought, and you should be proud to have conceived it.

There is nothing about these perplexing and morally insensitive humans that cannot be solved with the aid of a heavy machine gun.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 2:51 pm

If Silent is talking to me, then thanks! Well, I never realised about the danger thing about the open window (this was something I came up with in a matter of five seconds). What I perceive the saying to be is that of a different perspective on things. Everyone's way out of (in this case) the dark room is the typical way through the door, while my way, due to the different perspective, is out the window. This could partly be explained (in a literal sense) by the fact that we're usually uncomfortable around people, so we'd thake the window out. In a metaphorical sense, going out the window is due to a different perspective. Got it? Good.

In a way
We all go there

SilentBedlam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2006, 2:53 pm

Aye, I was. Good thought.

There is nothing about these perplexing and morally insensitive humans that cannot be solved with the aid of a heavy machine gun.

AspieGurl
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Oct 2006, 7:31 pm

can i say i don't get it??

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 7:37 pm

hehe, i like it.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 10:29 pm

AspieGurl wrote:
can i say i don't get it??

Yup, that's okay. Here's an explination: Everyone (or NT's, if that's how you'd put it) has their torch pointing towards the door. The torch represents their perspective and the door represents the answer to any questions from that perspective. When mine is pointing to the open window, which is another answer, it still points to the way out of the room, but it's not the way out everone else uses. In that way, the metaphor is representing out different perspective and way of acting and all that (and it also shows we can still acheive desired tasks :wink: ).

If you're confused about that, you're not alone, I am too!

In a way
We all go there

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2006, 10:33 pm

Brilliant!