Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

WhiteWidow
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2011, 7:14 pm

I can’t even wait in line for five minutes to buy a chocolate milk. I scoff at people. I give them dirty looks. I can feel myself on edge - constantly. I’m twitching, I’m stimming. I can’t sit still and I can’t wait. I just can’t wait. I can’t wait for anything. My response is always brutally honest and painful to hear. My attitude is serious and “pissed off”. I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to take a higher dose of Nabilone. I don’t want to take Nabilone, period. I’ve tried doing yoga even, I’ve tried a lot of stuff. I need things done - now.

I give myself stomache aches, head aches. Sometimes to the point where my heart palpitates rapidly, just because I want to be the first one to the dairy section in Safeway.

It’s a time distortion problem. My mind exaggerates situations GREATLY. And even though I have all the time in the world, my brain tells me I have ten minutes in my entire day.

dancing_penguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Dec 2011, 7:20 pm

Maybe you could try listening to songs you like on an mp3 player while waiting. This is a calming thing to do.

Also, reading books in lineups or while waiting for the bus is a great thing to do. I have heard that some people like books on tape, and you might like those.